Zuiderdam staff available for meet and greet

HELENPSL

We currently have 41 people planning to attend our meet and greet on our Nov. 15 cruise. We would like to invite the captain to join us for a little while. I am trying to find out who the captain will be on this cruise. If it is not possible for him to attend who would you suggest that we invite? Most of the people in the group are long time HAL cruisers.

Thanks for your help.

Helen

When you board, you could bring invitations to front office addressed to: Hotel Hotel Director, Master and any other Officer you would like to have attend and the front office will deliver them. If you have accces to neptune Lounge, concierge will have them delivered for you,

You will not need to know their names until it is time you will be meeting them, if they atttend your M & G

Is this a Panama Canal cruise?

Edited by sail7seas

We currently have 41 people planning to attend our meet and greet on our Nov. 15 cruise. We would like to invite the captain to join us for a little while. I am trying to find out who the captain will be on this cruise. If it is not possible for him to attend who would you suggest that we invite? Most of the people in the group are long time HAL cruisers.

Thanks for your help.

Helen

If you prepare the invites ahead of time, once on board you will see the names you need in your cabin in the paperwork and can quickly add their names to the envelope.

But, fair warning, the Meet and Greets have changed in that the confirmations show that officers will not be attending. So, don't be offended if none come.

That being said, Captain Van Eerten did come to one of our meet and greets last year on the Westerdam. Otherwise, since the new rules came into effect, we have not seen officers.

Helen,

Diane and I will have access to the Neptune Lounge, and can take them to the concierge there and ask to have them delivered, if that is a help? You could bring them to me at our cabin 8140 and I'll make sure to get them to the concierge.

Tom in Okeechobee, FL

Many of the captains, hotel directors and officers do not attend anything anymore.

Just more changes on HAL.

But do send them an invite -- you never know what will happen.

I don't attend many functions but appreicate being asked and having the choice whether I want or am able to attend.

I was inivted to a party on Veendam which i did not attend but it was nice to be included and have the choice.

Edited by sail7seas

On the last two meet and greets that I arranged, there was a note that no attendance by staff had been requested. There really isn't a place to request that on the form to do that, but I suppose you could write it in anywhere and see where it gets you!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for you insight regarding the invitations to the meet and greet. I was advised by the onboard activities supervisor that I should deliver invitations to guest services and they will have them delivered. Fingers crossed...we'll see what happens!

Helen

Thanks for your help.

Helen

Many of the captains, hotel directors and officers do not attend anything anymore.

Just more changes on HAL.

But do send them an invite -- you never know what will happen.

Since HAL now has its own Roll Call on Facebook with Meet & Greets, I think it is unlikely that Ship Officers will be attending CC Meet & Greets in the future. As a Carnival Corporation shareholder, I think this "change" is wholly reasonable and appropriate since once of the principal purposes of the CC Roll Calls/Meet & Greets appears to be arranging shore excursions in competition with HAL's own Explorations Central (EXC™) shore excursion program. IMO it makes nonsense for HAL to assist and support CC RCs and M&Gs.

Here's a link to HAL's RC/M&G info: https://www.facebook.com/HALCruises/app/1712713625618922/

Thanks everyone for you insight regarding the invitations to the meet and greet. I was advised by the onboard activities supervisor that I should deliver invitations to guest services and they will have them delivered. Fingers crossed...we'll see what happens!

Helen

Extend the invitation. For our last M&G on the NA, I had already been informed by Seattle that no officers would attend But both the captain and the Hotel Director came, and we had our own Q&A going at the captain's invitation and they were so gracious and stayed for ages; we all had a great time. When I told the captain what HQ had told me, he smiled and said "we make our own rules, ignore them". LOL.

IMO it would be nice if we have ship’s representatives at the meet and greet, and I am a CCL stockholder, too.

Avian there ARE other reasons for meet and greets. Not everyone has an issue with independent touring.

Spot on bennybear :)

I have done many meet and greets -we never discuss private tours.

The purpose of a Meet and Greet is exactly that . To finally meet the people you have "talked" to on the roll call.

Since HAL now has its own Roll Call on Facebook with Meet & Greets, I think it is unlikely that Ship Officers will be attending CC Meet & Greets in the future. As a Carnival Corporation shareholder, I think this "change" is wholly reasonable and appropriate since once of the principal purposes of the CC Roll Calls/Meet & Greets appears to be arranging shore excursions in competition with HAL's own Explorations Central (EXC[emoji769]) shore excursion program. IMO it makes nonsense for HAL to assist and support CC RCs and M&Gs.

Here's a link to HAL's RC/M&G info: https://www.facebook.com/HALCruises/app/1712713625618922/

I don’t post Upcoming or current travel itinerary on Facebook. Call me crazy but I don’t wish to announce to trolls and thieves that “Hey good time to plan a robbery as we are def not going to be home”. Therefore my preference for connecting with fellow cruisers is here. Too bad HAL does not recognize the fact that this board is somewhat anonymous vs very public FB. I have experienced memorable private excursions with friends we made right here so I get the point.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don’t post Upcoming or current travel itinerary on Facebook. Call me crazy but I don’t wish to announce to trolls and thieves that “Hey good time to plan a robbery as we are def not going to be home”. Therefore my preference for connecting with fellow cruisers is here. Too bad HAL does not recognize the fact that this board is somewhat anonymous vs very public FB. I have experienced memorable private excursions with friends we made right here so I get the point.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think it was a very foolish move by HAL to advertise roll calls on facebook, and their "Meet & Greets" on sailing day are very poorly attended - I went to one out of curiosity and quickly left - there were only 2 other people there. No, I had not signed up on the FB roll call - that is sheer stupidity to advertise when you will be away from home. I am surprised HAL is still trying to push this.