Poor service

Vronsky

Over a year ago I expressed my interest for a single cabin on Cunard's world cruise, departing next January. As the available cabin were already booked, my name was put on the waitlist, for which I received a reference number: XGWD3W.

Never heard again from Cunard.

I also requested a visit to the QE when it would dock for a stop over in The Netherlands, two times this year (Amsterdam & Rotterdam). I was called by a Dutch speaking lady who promised she would arrange this for me.

No World Cruise on Q802H for me it seems.

Poor service from Cunard: really disappointing.

Over a year ago I expressed my interest for a single cabin on Cunard's world cruise, departing next January. As the available cabin were already booked, my name was put on the waitlist, for which I received a reference number: XGWD3W.

I also requested a visit to the QE when it would dock for a stop over in The Netherlands, two times this year (Amsterdam & Rotterdam). I was called by a Dutch speaking lady who promised she would arrange this for me.

Just a thought.

Ask your PCC to 'move' your "Single" booking to a "Double" and volunteer to pay the 75% extra for the 'missing' person.

Larger stateroom could be the benefit, but check the costings.

If you didn't hear anything about your waitlist then you have to take it that no single staterooms came available for the sail date. Cunard wouldn't normally contact customers to advise them, unless one happens to have a personal ( Cunard) cruise agent.

I have occasionally been on a waitlist , if I don't hear within a month before sailing, I'll contact them to see what else would be suitable within my budget .

Quite often ship tours are easier to arrange through a cruise travel agent. Worth a try.

This indeed is why God Invented the Travel Agent. Cruise lines today are built around web-based sales, not personalised service or "getting back" to anyone. You click, you pay, you go. Anything more complicated, you need a travel agent.

Quite often ship tours are easier to arrange through a cruise travel agent. Worth a try.

Yes, Cruise TA's often have cruise line connections and can pre arrange a ship tour for a group of potential clients.

Trying to get a Visitor Pass on your own would be very difficult in this post 9/11 world.

Expecting a notification that your waitlist did not clear , won't happen.

Previous post suggesting waitlisting as Double Occ. rather than Single would increase your chances of clearing . Cunard prefers having 2 guests per cabin spending onboard .

To summarize your comments >

1. the Single Cabin option appears to be a scam to lure you into a Double Cabin
  2. their webshop is unreliable

At least their slogan 'More than you imagined' seems right.

A limited number of single cabins are available, but you were too late to book one and, to nobody's surprise except yours, Cunard didn't contact you just to say none had become available. This may represent a "scam" to you but others wouldn't agree.

A limited number of single cabins are available, but you were too late to book one and, to nobody's surprise except yours, Cunard didn't contact you just to say none had become available. This may represent a "scam" to you but others wouldn't agree.

You're probably right, perhaps I am indeed expecting way too much for a >25,000 USD ticket

You're probably right, perhaps I am indeed expecting way too much for a >25,000 USD ticket

Doesnt matter how much it costs for ticket if because there are so few single cabins they quickly sell out and unless there is a cancellation those on the waitlist will never get allocated a cabin.

I saw nothing here about poor service. You went on a wait list, and you should not expect to hear anything directly from Cunard unless a cabin becomes available. As to an inspection tour prior to the voyage, a completely unrealistic expectation, as these all but impossible to achieve these days. Imagine if everyone booking the ship wanted such before-hand, regardless of the cruise cost. BTW, one can easily spend 25,000+ just on a 7 night QM2 trans Atlantic!

I saw nothing here about poor service. You went on a wait list, and you should not expect to hear anything directly from Cunard unless a cabin becomes available. As to an inspection tour prior to the voyage, a completely unrealistic expectation, as these all but impossible to achieve these days. Imagine if everyone booking the ship wanted such before-hand, regardless of the cruise cost. BTW, one can easily spend 25,000+ just on a 7 night QM2 trans Atlantic!

..sure wish I had more customers like you, Lou :p