Liberty still at the dock in Galveston

From a post on another thread, reports of divers in the water, so maybe mechanical or prep work for the azipod resealing

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=54687965&postcount=116

I saw on the webcam what looked liked divers. Thanks for the link. Edited by Mango Tango

Initially we were told fog, but when the Breeze started moving at 5ish that didn’t sync with us sitting. Captain finally announced that divers were taking longer than anticipated and estimated departure at 8, we left closer to 8:30.

At muster Captain said original plan was to travel at 21.5 knots between Galveston & Nassau ( that was leaving at 4). Looks like we will have to haul ....... to get to Nassau & get the repair done.

Since they’ve had divers under the ship for the last number of returns to Galveston, I’m guessing that they must be having to change the lubricant in the azipod(s) due to the bad seals which necessitates the current cruise going to Nassau for three days. (Whew, long sentence).

Weather report shows a dense fog advisory; Galveston is infamous for delays due to fog. That'd be my best guess, but it's just a guess

Fog is less an issue than most believe. Yes, it does occur. Most years, none; other years 5-6 times.

Fog is much more prevalent on the mainland.

Foggy on Sunday but ships had no issues arriving. Clear Sunday evening with lots of rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Fog is less an issue than most believe. Yes, it does occur. Most years, none; other years 5-6 times.

Fog is much more prevalent on the mainland.

Foggy on Sunday but ships had no issues arriving. Clear Sunday evening with lots of rain.

Yes, but it can be problematic! In December 2009 we were fog delayed until Tuesday morning...sitting at the dock since Sunday. Over 900 guests took the offer of a full refund and got off the ship Monday night. Once we sailed, it was a great and uncrowded cruise!

• 2 weeks later...
Is it known in advance when Liberty sails to the Bahamas for repairs or not?

It’s only happened this one time since she’s been in Galveston, and yes, the passengers knew about 2-3 months ahead so they could cancel, move to another sailing, or stay and get a dramatic discount.

Is it known in advance when Liberty sails to the Bahamas for repairs or not?

It’s only happened this one time since she’s been in Galveston, and yes, the passengers knew about 2-3 months ahead so they could cancel, move to another sailing, or stay and get a drastic discount.