Looking for hotel near Cape Liberty Cruise Port

sheila658

There are several in a complex in Elizabeth. We've stayed in the Residence Inn there, and there's also a Courtyard and Country Inn & Suites. Free airport shuttle, restaurants within walking distance, and a mall close by.

I am looking for suggestions on a good hotel to stay for one night near Cape Liberty Cruise Port.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What's your hotel budget? How many people? Ship and cruise date? You're from NJ, so are you driving and do you need parking for the cruise?

Check with Country Inn & Suites. I believe they have a free shuttle to/from Newark Airport, then on to the cruise port. From the cruise port, catch a shuttle van waiting at the port to take you back to the airport. Not sure of the cost, but I'm sure it is a reasonable per person price.

There are 12 of us. We do not need parking for the cruise

If you have people who can use a true 2-bedroom suite (each bedroom having it's own private bathroom), the Residence Inn is a good choice.

I would suggest the Hilton Garden Inn or Hampton Inn, both on South Avenue in Staten Island.

The hotel is clean but there is nothing around it if you do not have a car although there is a restaurant and bar.

It is about a 15-20 minute ride to the pier.

Yes - look at the hotels on International Blvd (formerly Glimcher Realty Way) in Elizabeth - Residence Inn, Marriott Courtyard, Embassy Suites, and Country Inns.

Just as a FYI, Country Inns has a very small public space in the lobby which would not be large enough if the 12 of you wanted to hang out.