songs sung when leaving ports

Curtain man

Every time I have sailed out of Venice on Princess ships, they play wonderful classical music on the ship's intercom system. Andrea Bocelli singing "Time To Say Goodbye" and some of my other favorites that he performs is goosebump inducing, while standing at the railing on the open deck looking at the scenery of Venice. They also play numbers by other operatic singers.

On their newer ships Princess also plays the Love Boat there as they sail away. It was beautiful when we sailed down the fjord from Kotor to the Adriatic Sea.

Hearing the ship's horn play a few bars of the Love Boat theme in Kotor is awesome. The sheer sides of the fjord give the most amazing echoes. It was one of the highlights of our Med cruise earlier this year. :D

Hearing the ship's horn play a few bars of the Love Boat theme in Kotor is awesome. The sheer sides of the fjord give the most amazing echoes. It was one of the highlights of our Med cruise earlier this year. :D

That WOULD be fantastic! I love the slow sail up and down thru that fjord. Such a gorgeous place; and it's so quiet!

In October I spent the entire sail up the fjord from the Adriatic all the way to the dock in Kotor on the top deck, snapping dozens and dozens of photos, along with a large number of my fellow passengers. No Love Boat theme though.

Two favorites for us. Danny Boy played by a bagpipe as we were leaving Dublin, with many singing along and many tears pouring down - it was just so incredibly beautiful.. The other was a spontaneous "Waltzing Matilda" sung by a police band on the pier as well as every passenger on that side of the ship. It ended with the ship's horn blasting to signal sail-away, and thousands of birds that had been resting on pier building roofs taking flight into the sunset - spectacular!

That WOULD be fantastic! I love the slow sail up and down thru that fjord. Such a gorgeous place; and it's so quiet!

In October I spent the entire sail up the fjord from the Adriatic all the way to the dock in Kotor on the top deck, snapping dozens and dozens of photos, along with a large number of my fellow passengers. No Love Boat theme though.

Not sure it will work but here's a link to a short clip that captures the sound fairly well. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ytjrfnul1bckbid/MVI_3287.MOV?dl=0

The ship in the distance is Rhapsody of the Seas. I think the Captain of Royal Princess was doing a bit of one upmanship as Rhapsody could only manage a single tone blast. ;p

Every time I have sailed out of Venice on Princess ships, they play wonderful classical music on the ship's intercom system. Andrea Bocelli singing "Time To Say Goodbye" and some of my other favorites that he performs is goosebump inducing, while standing at the railing on the open deck looking at the scenery of Venice. They also play numbers by other operatic singers.

Yes, I still tear up when thinking about the moment. Out of 70 cruises, this sailaway was the most memorable.