Anyone got any pictures of how the ships are decorated for Christmas.

shred5

I love cruising during the holidays. Here are few pics from the Freedom last December:

enhance

enhance

Here is picture of Shrek by the tree just prior to the tree lighting ceremony on day 1:

enhance

Here is picture of Santa and the helpers right after the tree lighting ceremony (note the tree is now lid versus previous picture)

enhance

Poinsettias by guest relations:

enhance

Ginger bread houses/village in front of Windjammer. I like the sign at the front that says "Display Only" - just in case someone is tempted to break off part of the village and eat the roof while standing there...

enhance

Last week, the Allure had the lighting of the tree on the first or second night of the cruise. They also had some garland and flowers hanging from the ledge of the Schooner Bar plus multiple lighted snowflakes from the ceiling in the Royal Promenade. I didn't really notice anything else that was Christmasy.

Wow thank you for the pictures. I am sure some people are cruising right now that should have some nice pictures.

You are welcome. If you want to know what Royal has planned for the holidays, here is the official web site:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/holidays

Personally, I think the actual product doesn't live up to the marketing hype. You can click onto the link under my signature for what other holiday activities we experienced on our cruises during the holidays.

I see you are booked on the Indy for next year during the holidays. We will be sailing on the Indy in 2 weeks and chances are I will probably have a picture or two from the Indy in my next trip report for you to check out when we get back

You are welcome. If you want to know what Royal has planned for the holidays, here is the official web site:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/holidays

Personally, I think the actual product doesn't live up to the marketing hype. You can click onto the link under my signature for what other holiday activities we experienced on our cruises during the holidays.

I see you are booked on the Indy for next year during the holidays. We will be sailing on the Indy in 2 weeks and chances are I will probably have a picture or two from the Indy in my next trip report for you to check out when we get back

Thanks for the info.. Yea my SO and my mother are really into Christmas. Been showing Sandy the pictures at night. We were just on the Indy earlier this year and liked it so figured we would take my parent who have wanted to go on another cruise plus it is their anniversary.. Nice to see if it would be a little different. I know the ship is going into dry dock to be changed next year with water slides and stuff too, looks like stuff for mostly younger people and children.

Thanks..

Are the cruise ships full at this time of the year (beginning of December) or rather empty?

I would think they would be rather empty. Winter has not been really long yet plus so much to do for Christmas.

Thanks..

Are the cruise ships full at this time of the year (beginning of December) or rather empty?

I would think they would be rather empty. Winter has not been really long yet plus so much to do for Christmas.

The cruise ships virtually always sail full. They usually lower the price enough to get people to book.