Is something happening over at RCI?

El Abuelo

I stopped by the Royal Caribbean website this morning, and for the first time ever there was no sale. No BOGO, no 2nd passenger 30% off, no OBC. Over the last 2 1/2 years I've never once seen their home page without a fake sale banner, countdown clock and urgent need to act now.

This is so wrong. Next thing and they'll be coming out with real sales. Frankly, I'm worried.

Relax... There's a "Green Monday" sale (whatever that is). 30% every guest and up to 250 OBC. :D

I called my travel agent to see if this sale would reduce what I just booked a few days ago, and it was actually $400 more, with less obc. So much for a sale!

Helaine

I'll go check that out for my Sept cruise, I was locked out of a great Cyber Monday deal.

Yup, that looks more like the fake sale. My 4 day enchantment oceanview is more than my 7 day Jewel Corner Aft Balcony ;p

Congrats to those that were able to get their discounts.

My cruise of four cabins went up for our August Allure cruise. For a while about 4-6 months ago, I was getting price drops about every 1-2 weeks but haven't in quite some time, although I always look.

Congrats to those that were able to get their discounts.

My cruise of four cabins went up for our August Allure cruise. For a while about 4-6 months ago, I was getting price drops about every 1-2 weeks but haven't in quite some time, although I always look.

Our March Allure cruise did the same thing until 3 days before final payment due, and then had massive drops. We went from a B1 to a D3 and dropped $600 for the 4 of us. Not saying it will happen every time, but just keep watching.

I am guessing some large group - maybe a large TA had reserved rooms and returned them right before final.

Thanks for posting -- I saw this around 10 pm last night and checked my booking -- got a $150 drop on my Allure March 2019 sailing. This is the 2nd drop since booking this sailing. My TA got the email and secured the drop before midnight. I really need to be reading the boards earlier in the evening :)

Nothing changed yet on my Bermuda March 2018 Anthem but there is still time to catch a drop.

Relax... There's a "Green Monday" sale (whatever that is). 30% every guest and up to 250 OBC. :D

I admit my OP was, in part, tongue in cheek, but no longer. I did not see the “Green Monday”sale and wondered why. A different browser and use of privacy mode and I found that, on the computer & browser that I used 2 weeks ago to book a new cruise, there is no indication anywhere if a sale. In privacy mode and using a different browser, the RCI home page has the sale front and center. So, are they trying to hide the sale so I don’t ask for the lower prices? What other reason would RCI have to not display a sale advisory everyone else can see?

... What other reason would RCI have to not display a sale advisory everyone else can see?

The Royal site is a bit on the buggy side. I've had issues with discounts disappearing, causing booked cruise fares to jump up in price (always fixed with a phone call, but still a pain). I've got an issue now where a friend that I sailed with information is now mixed up with my C&A account. I frequently get 400 bad request errors when using Firefox, and so on. The cruising experience is great, but the website experience is a headache at times.