National Express coach (bus) stops nonstop Heathrow T5 to Southampton in 2019?

Unregistered, just back from your Cunard cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Cunard Line

Read hundreds of Cunard Cruise Reviews from cruisers like you.

See posts about:
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 02:00 PM.
Dallas
88 Posts
Joined Sep 2011
Last two crossings we took National Express nonstop from Heathrow T5 to Southampton coach station. Btw- we loved it. Looking at their 2019 timetable- it appears all coaches (bus) from Heathrow require a change of bus at Victoria coach station. Does this sound right? The Heathrow-southampton route is very popular. Can anyone else confirm this? I hate to change bus to bus with the luggage .
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Mark & Clay

Queen Mary 2 05/2017
Coral Princess 05/2015
Queen Mary 2 05/2012
USA
202 Posts
Joined Mar 2012
I suspect their 2019 timetables are incomplete... I have often used this service and it's usually packed so can't imagine they would discontinue it. The Winchester stop alone is popular, too. Going via Victoria is a huge time waster owing to traffic and journey time along let alone the nuisance of luggage etc.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

FRANCE-RAFFAELLO-LEONARDO DA VINCI-STEFAN BATORY-QUEEN ELIZABETH 2-CANBERRA-UGANDA-GUGLIELMO MARCONI-EUROPA-CENTAUR-VISTAFJORD-BALTIKA-ORIANA-ACHILLE LAURO-OCEANIC-BRITANIS-AKDENIZ-ROTTERDAM-ST. HELENA-EUGENIO C.-BLACK PRINCE-BLACK WATCH-R7-PILGRIM BELLE-REGAL EMPRESS-VICTORIA-REGATTA-MAASDAM-CARONIA-QUEEN MARY 2-EURODAM-NIEUW AMSTERDAM-MARINA-RIVIERA-QUEEN ELIZABETH
Toronto
955 Posts
Joined Apr 2006
I see what you mean.
I have just checked their website and it's not just Terminal 5.
This is a pity, since up to now, it has been the best way from LHR to ships in Southampton, in terms of both journey time and value for money.
Unlike Gatwick Airport (hint for future trips...), there are no direct rail services from/to Heathrow, which can be a pain when pulling baggage.
So, other than a taxi-type rental, that just leaves the cruise lines' own transfer buses, which can be a hefty price, compared with the bus, with a lot of hurry-up-and-wait.

As suggested, given the success of the route, it is difficult to reason why NE would do this.
By the way, it's the same issue going the other way, so it's not as if the service is a 'merry-go-round' routing. There are one or two daily direct NE buses but they are not times that would suit cruise ship passenger's typical timings.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
M.S. Odessa: New York - Montreal, 76.06.
QE2: Southampton - New York, 02.05.
Carnival Holiday: Mobile - W. Carib - Mobile, 05.04.
Legend of the Seas: Tampa - Southampton, 06.05.
Carnival Spirit: San Diego - Hawaii, 07.06.
Celebrity Galaxy: Miami - Rome, 08.05.
Emerald Princess: Ft Lauderdale - S. Caribbean - FL, 08.11.
Splendour of the Seas: Lisbon - Sao Paulo, 09.12.
Ocean Princess: Dover - Greenland - New York, 10.06.
Serenade of the Seas: San Juan - E. Caribbean - San Juan, 11.05
Crown Princess: New York - Quebec, 11.09.
Rotterdam VI: Ft Lauderdale - Rotterdam, 12.04
Queen Mary 2: New York - Southampton, 13.07
Queen Mary 2: Southampton - New York, 13.08
Queen Victoria: Ft. Lauderdale - Southampton, 14.04
Norwegian Pearl: Miami - E. Carib - Miami 15.03
Queen Mary 2: New York - Southampton, 15.08
Queen Mary 2: Southampton - New York, 15.08
Queen Mary 2: New York - Southampton, 16.07
Queen Mary 2: Southampton - New York, 16.08

Norwegian Jade: Tampa - Cork, 17.04
P&O Aurora: Southampton - Baltic - Southampton, 17.05
Queen Mary 2: New York - Southampton, 18.07
Queen Mary 2: Southampton - New York, 18.07
Dallas
88 Posts
Joined Sep 2011
Good News !
National Express has updated 2019 schedule and Heathrow T5 direct to Southampton is back on.
I presume other Heathrow terminals will also have direct service to Southampton.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Mark & Clay

Queen Mary 2 05/2017
Coral Princess 05/2015
Queen Mary 2 05/2012
Derbyshire
79 Posts
Joined Nov 2016
I booked a trip from Heathrow T2 to Southampton last week for January 2019. Direct trip as usual with the regular stops at Winchester. Duration from T2 2 hours 15 minutes. Have also booked West Quay cars to collect from coach station as it is the start of the world cruise and it will be busy.