Queens Grill dining is it better

Unregistered, just back from your Cunard cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Cunard Line

Read hundreds of Cunard Cruise Reviews from cruisers like you.

See posts about:
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:27 PM.
CA, USA
14,251 Posts
Joined Apr 2004
Originally posted by cook68
Allow me too refer you to this thread. https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/sh....php?t=2633905
Sorry, but I do not see that asserting oneself against reluctant service staff the same as being rude or overbearing. There is a big difference between asking for what you ar entitled to when it is being denied to you and being a boor.
35 Posts
Joined Oct 2017
I completely agree with wipro .

I see a lot of replies from people who are not seasoned QG cruisers who have been fobbed off when they ask for something extra. That is where this forum is useful, it informs new QG cruisers what is available.

Of course you should ask politely for something off menu. However if a waiter tries to deny this is available /allowed , he/she is being rude and disrespecting a passenger who has paid a lot for a cruise. It is not being rude to politely insist on getting what you have paid for. I've always found it pays to be polite , but this does not mean accepting poor service.
CA, USA
14,251 Posts
Joined Apr 2004
Originally posted by Windsurfboy
I completely agree with wipro .

I see a lot of replies from people who are not seasoned QG cruisers who have been fobbed off when they ask for something extra. That is where this forum is useful, it informs new QG cruisers what is available.

Of course you should ask politely for something off menu. However if a waiter tries to deny this is available /allowed , he/she is being rude and disrespecting a passenger who has paid a lot for a cruise. It is not being rude to politely insist on getting what you have paid for. I've always found it pays to be polite , but this does not mean accepting poor service.
Agree completely. I just take it for granted that one will ask for something politely!
38 Posts
Joined Apr 2018
Originally posted by wripro
Agree completely. I just take it for granted that one will ask for something politely!
My apologies wripo I took your comment on the last page as being demanding! and to me it looked rude but it appears written words can be misinterpreted and clearly I was mistaken.
CA, USA
14,251 Posts
Joined Apr 2004
Originally posted by cook68
My apologies wripo I took your comment on the last page as being demanding! and to me it looked rude but it appears written words can be misinterpreted and clearly I was mistaken.
No problem. I consider myself a very polite and courteous person but also one who will not be intimidated. Service staff have been known to be rude as well and I was responding to the idea that they try to refuse to provide what a passenger is entitled to.
35 Posts
Joined Oct 2017
One thought , it may not be entirely the waiter's fault, they may well be under pressure from above , who are under pressure from the bean counters to save money by reducing off menu requests.
435 Posts
Joined Nov 2006
I’ve sailed QG quite a few times and the only time I’ve ever seen anyone flat out denied anything was when they tried to order off menu at dinner. You should at least request by lunch for things that are more common (like beef Wellington or Dover sole or flambé desserts) and they definitely prefer by dinner the night before. Timing might be a big part of how the requests are treated and handled.