[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:35 PM.
League City, TX
41,245 Posts
Joined Sep 2005
Originally posted by moki'smommy
So, what 10 years ago would have been a free upgrade has turned into an upsell.
Only because passengers jump at the chance (or as this thread shows, almost beg for the opportunity) to pay $$$ to Princess for what used to be free. If nobody accepted these offers, there would still be a number of free upgrades.
Chico, California
10,988 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
Originally posted by Jx8_cruiser
what is the email for upsell of princess cruise line, can i request it thru email or is it randomly given.
It's done by some arcane computer algorithm - or possibly by having monkeys throw darts. There's no address to "ask" for an upsell or upgrade.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Thrak

Not Elite but having fun working on it...

Brickell, Miami FL & Naples, FL
7,971 Posts
Joined Apr 2003
Originally posted by moki'smommy
The lower you book, the more likely you are to be offered an upsell. It is just a matter of numbers--there are more cabins which may be unsold that you could upgrade/upsell into. On the other hand, it is not unusual for people in a balcony to be offered a mini or people in a regular mini to be offered a Cabin Class mini.
Just about every time I have been offered an upsell, I've been in the highest Category for the mini-suites. This was before club class. For our last Regal sailing in December I had the highest mini category prior to club class and was offered first an upsell to a suite and then an upsell to a club class.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carolyn

Disney Wonder 7/19/02~Bahamas ---- Disney Wonder 1/5/03~Bahamas
Disney Magic 6/7/03~W. Caribbean ---- Disney Magic 1/3/04~W. Caribbean
Golden Princess 10/24/04~S. Caribbean --- Golden Princess 7/11/05~N. European Capitals
Star Princess 3/19/06 (the infamous fire cruise) ~ Western Caribbean
Disney Wonder 7/23/06~Bahamas ---- Crown Princess 11/4/06~S. Caribbean
Crown Princess 3/31/07~S. Caribbean ---- Crown Princess 3/29/08~S. Caribbean
Crown Princess 4/5/09~E. Caribbean ---- Crown Princess 10/30/10~Western Caribbean
Crown Princess 11/12/11~S. Caribbean ---- Norwegian Sky 9/3/12~Bahamas
Majesty of the Seas RCL 1/11/13~Bahamas --- Majesty of the Seas RCL 8/19/13~Bahamas
Ruby Princess 1/18/14~W. Caribbean ---- Ruby Princess 1/23/14~W. Caribbean
Caribbean Princess 9/25/14 ~ Princess Cay --- Regal Princess 11/6/14 ~ Caribbean
Regal Princess 11/9/14 ~ E. Caribbean --Norwegian Sky 2/13/15 ~ Bahamas
Regal Princess 4/12/15 ~ Caribbean --- Emerald Princess 3/5/16 ~ Caribbean
Norwegian Getaway 9/2/16 --- Regal Princess 11/27/16~Caribbean
Norwegian Getaway 4/16/17 ~ W Caribbean --- Regal Princess 12/3/17 ~ Western Caribbean
Crown Princess 2/18/18 ~ W Caribbean

League City, TX
41,245 Posts
Joined Sep 2005
Originally posted by Host CJSKIDS
Just about every time I have been offered an upsell, I've been in the highest Category for the mini-suites. This was before club class. For our last Regal sailing in December I had the highest mini category prior to club class and was offered first an upsell to a suite and then an upsell to a club class.
I was in the lowest obstructed OV category when I was offered (and declined) an upsell.
Chico, California
10,988 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
Originally posted by Host CJSKIDS
I was offered an upsell from an IF cabin to a window mini-suite. We took the upsell. I didn't even realize there was such a thing as a window mini-suite. All the way forward on Coral and Island on Caribe deck and Baja deck. There are two on each side of the ship. They are just steps away from the forward viewing decks but there are no loungers on those viewing areas.

I was also offered, and accepted, an upsell from an IF to an OD on Coral. It's an aft-facing ocean view on Baja deck. Mere steps from the aft viewing deck with lots of loungers and mostly deserted.

A third upsell offer was to move from my aft-facing balcony - C752 - to a mini suite. I think it was some ridiculously cheap offer like $100 each but I turned it down as I had specifically chosen C752. Loved that cabin.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Thrak

Not Elite but having fun working on it...

West coast of Florida
764 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
Crown, 6/2/18, 14 day Med cruise, $499/pp, Balc (from int).

Interestingly, has shown as sold out for months.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
May 1997 - Moorings charter in B.V.I.
April 2007 - Carnival Inspiration
May 2007 - Moorings charter in B.V.I
November 2008 - RCI Monarch of the Seas
July 2010 - Coral Princess
December 2011 - Carnival Legend
May 2012 - Moorings charter in B.V.I.
November 2012 - RCI Jewel of the Seas
April 2013 - MM Vacations charter in B.V.I.
November 2013 - Carnival Breeze
April 2014 - Ruby Princess
December 2014 - Regal Princess - Christmas Crusin'

January 2015 - Carnival Paradise - Women's Club Cruise
August 2015 - Emerald Princess - Black Sea Cruise
November 2015 - Emerald Princess - Thanksgiving Cruise

Clearwater, FL
143 Posts
Joined Apr 2003
Originally posted by paradiselivin1
Crown, 6/2/18, 14 day Med cruise, $499/pp, Balc (from int).

Interestingly, has shown as sold out for months.
Did you take it? Seems like a good offer.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Caribbean Princess (Western Caribbean) coming up - May '05
Carinval Inspiration (Western Caribbean) coming soon - Nov '04
Golden Princess (Eastern Caribbean) Dec '03
Grand Princess (Western Caribbean) May '03
West coast of Florida
764 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
Originally posted by juliethecruiser
Did you take it? Seems like a good offer.
No. This is such a port intensive itinerary that we though we'd give an inside a shot for the first time. I may live to regret it but am keeping current cabin.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Clearwater, FL
143 Posts
Joined Apr 2003
Originally posted by paradiselivin1
No. This is such a port intensive itinerary that we though we'd give an inside a shot for the first time. I may live to regret it but am keeping current cabin.
Didn't realize that and I think I would have done the same. That extra $1K will go a long way for those ports.

I'm on a sailing on June 2nd also but to Alaska. I received one upsell offer about 2 weeks ago but it was too rich for my blood. Maybe will get another one soon that is more in line with what the current prices are for a balcony. A balcony will be nice IF the weather is nice. Not so much if it is rainy and cold.

Enjoy your cruise! Your cruise is on my cruise bucket list and sure you'll have a great time!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Caribbean Princess (Western Caribbean) coming up - May '05
Carinval Inspiration (Western Caribbean) coming soon - Nov '04
Golden Princess (Eastern Caribbean) Dec '03
Grand Princess (Western Caribbean) May '03
43 Posts
Joined May 2004
We have an inside on the Royal and are sailing on May 25 British Isles, 12-day cruise. We were offered an upsell to a balcony for $699 two weeks ago and didn't take it. Yesterday we got another email upsell offer for $249 and jumped on it. Interestingly the couple we are traveling with did not get the second offer as this is their first Princess cruise and we are Elite, so it seems--at least in our case-- Princess does favor loyalty. When I explained to the agent on the phone that our traveling companions did not get the offer and we wanted cabins close to each other, she said she could give them the same offer since they received the original offering two weeks ago. We now have two balconies next to each other and I'm a happy cruiser and so are our friends. We just booked this cruise about 6 weeks ago and the balconies were $1000 more than the very, very cheap insides, so I feel like we saved some money.
West coast of Florida
764 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
Originally posted by bonship
We have an inside on the Royal and are sailing on May 25 British Isles, 12-day cruise. We were offered an upsell to a balcony for $699 two weeks ago and didn't take it. Yesterday we got another email upsell offer for $249 and jumped on it. Interestingly the couple we are traveling with did not get the second offer as this is their first Princess cruise and we are Elite, so it seems--at least in our case-- Princess does favor loyalty. When I explained to the agent on the phone that our traveling companions did not get the offer and we wanted cabins close to each other, she said she could give them the same offer since they received the original offering two weeks ago. We now have two balconies next to each other and I'm a happy cruiser and so are our friends. We just booked this cruise about 6 weeks ago and the balconies were $1000 more than the very, very cheap insides, so I feel like we saved some money.
That's awesome. Congrats. I am hoping they will come back with another offer, too. If not, we'll be fine. Will need the sleep!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature