[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:16 PM.
USA
2,325 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Originally posted by voljeep
why would anyone want to go outside if not to SMOKE ???...
Some people just don't get it, Volijeep! Have not smoked in at least twenty years,just like the outside in the middle of winter when I am in the caribbean. Since I live in the Northeast.. Have a great weekend !

Reader
venice, fl
1,013 Posts
Joined Dec 2001
Just got off 28 day Emerald cruise in R740. Loved that cabin location. I chose it and had it marked no upgrade. Booked directly thru Princess. 4 months prior to sailing, i looked at cruise personalizer and was moved to Aloha deck mid ship. I was furious. It took many phone calls but finally got my cabin back. We were traveling with friends who had cabin next to us. They werent moved.

I now will check my cabins every few days.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

1. NCL Windward 1/1995 Southern Caribbean
2. Sun Princess 1/1997 Western Caribbea
3. Rhapsody of Seas RCI 1/1998 Southern Caribbean
4. Grand Princess 1/1999 Eastern Caribbean
5. Grandeur of Seas RCI 2/2002 10 day Circle Caribbean
6. Voyager of Seas RCI 9/2002 Western Caribbean
7. Carnival Glory 10/2003 Western Caribbean
8. Voyager of Seas RCI 4/2004 Western Caribbean
9. Diamond Princess 9/2004 Mexican Riveria
10. Carnival Liberty 9/2005 Mediterranean
11. Star Princess 6/2006 Baltics
12. Carnival Liberty 11/2007 Western Caribbean
13. GCT River Cruise Egypt 1/2008
14. Grandeur of Seas 3/2008 Western Caribbean
15. Coral Princess 4/2008 Panama Canal
16. Emerald Princess 10/2009 Eastern Caribbean
17. Star Princess 9/23/2010 Greek Isles
18. Diamond Princess 6/2011 Alaska Cruise Tour
19. Emerald Princess 1/26/2013 Eastern Caribbean
20. Royal Princess 2/2/2014 Eastern Caribbean
21. Independence of the seas 1/3/2015 eastern Caribbean
22. Viking Bragi and Skadi 10/3/2015 14 day Amsterdam to Budapest
23. Allure of the Seas 10/25/2015 transatlantic
24. Royal Princess 1/29/2016 Southern Caribbean
25. Royal Princess 7/3/2016 Mediterranean
26. Caribbean Princess 1/22 Western
27. Caribbean Princess 1/28 Southern
18 Posts
Joined Jan 2018
Myself and friends booked 3 cabins on the Riviera Deck on the Emerald next year to Hawaii. One friend called and asked if I had received an email stating that I was upgraded. This was the day after we linked all three reservations for dining purposes. I said no. She called, it was up two decks and mid ship but not in as desirable location as we had on the Riviera Deck (we are the last balcony room--hence a slightly larger/angled balcony) plus near to the pool, bar and buffet on the upper decks. She read that the reservation had already been upgraded and if she wanted to decline they would do their best to get the original room back. This upgrade was 11 months in advance of our cruise date. She was able to get the original room back. Well I decided to call and put do not upgrade on mine. Come to find out they had in fact upgraded me as well. I was also able to get my original room back. Why would they move 2 of the reservations after linking? We are across the hall from our 3rd friend? This is our first experience with Princess. Had we not specifically picked those rooms for location and other amenities an upgrade would have been nice. I dont understand the reasoning for making the upgrades to far in advance.
USA
9,145 Posts
Joined Dec 2011
Originally posted by TheSweetLife220
Myself and friends booked 3 cabins on the Riviera Deck on the Emerald next year to Hawaii. One friend called and asked if I had received an email stating that I was upgraded. This was the day after we linked all three reservations for dining purposes. I said no. She called, it was up two decks and mid ship but not in as desirable location as we had on the Riviera Deck (we are the last balcony room--hence a slightly larger/angled balcony) plus near to the pool, bar and buffet on the upper decks. She read that the reservation had already been upgraded and if she wanted to decline they would do their best to get the original room back. This upgrade was 11 months in advance of our cruise date. She was able to get the original room back. Well I decided to call and put do not upgrade on mine. Come to find out they had in fact upgraded me as well. I was also able to get my original room back. Why would they move 2 of the reservations after linking? We are across the hall from our 3rd friend? This is our first experience with Princess. Had we not specifically picked those rooms for location and other amenities an upgrade would have been nice. I dont understand the reasoning for making the upgrades to far in advance.
Makes no sense to me especially since it is not an apparent upgrade from where I sit.
New Hampshire
6,256 Posts
Joined Oct 2005
Originally posted by Reader0108598
Hello

Crown princess 1/16/19 booked inside R736. I chose that cabin because of the huge deck right out the door. Asked to mark no upgrade! What do I see this morning but an email telling me I have been upgraded to plaza deck with a window!

I am going to call when they open wondering what my chance of getting my cabin back is. Anyone care to share their experience with this ?

Thank you Reader
Got a nice upgrade from an inside to a B-1 balcony on Oceania Riviera. I have NO problem taking an upgrade if offered. I usually have deck plans of whatever ship we're going to be on & check where the upgrade is located. Obviously I'd refuse one under the jogging deck, unless I liked being woken up early(I don't!)
League City, TX
41,814 Posts
Joined Sep 2005
Originally posted by trbarton
I haven’t heard anyone mentioning about the term META added to there reservations. It’s always on my reservations & it means that I will only except an upgrade to the next higher category like from inside to Ocean View or Ocean View to Balcony etc. It’s a great thing if you’re willing to be moved to a higher category.
OP did get a meta upgrade, but did not want the one received. Wanted no upgrade at all and should not have received one if the reservation was correctly marked.

OP did not give the Plaza deck cabin number, but some of those oceanview cabins can be very undesirable.

o Several are smaller than normal cabins. So much smaller that only one nightstand is there.
o Some have the dreaded 3rd and 4th bunks mounted on the wall.
League City, TX
41,814 Posts
Joined Sep 2005
Originally posted by TheSweetLife220
This was the day after we linked all three reservations for dining purposes. ..... Why would they move 2 of the reservations after linking? We are across the hall from our 3rd friend? .... understand the reasoning for making the upgrades to far in advance.
As you said, you linked the reservations for dining purposes. That is all the linking affects. It does not apply to cabin locations.

As for when the upgrades were made, it has to do with what cabins were selling and which were not. The algorithms said they could resell your original cabins better than selling the cabins that were the upgrades. I have received an upgrade as soon as one hour after booking a cruise, many months before embarkation day.
cootamundra nsw
7,035 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
Originally posted by cherylakers
Just got off 28 day Emerald cruise in R740. Loved that cabin location. I chose it and had it marked no upgrade. Booked directly thru Princess. 4 months prior to sailing, i looked at cruise personalizer and was moved to Aloha deck mid ship. I was furious. It took many phone calls but finally got my cabin back. We were traveling with friends who had cabin next to us. They werent moved.

I now will check my cabins every few days.
marking your booking no upgrade is a request only but anyone can be moved for operational reasons
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
USA
2,325 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Originally posted by keithm
Got a nice upgrade from an inside to a B-1 balcony on Oceania Riviera. I have NO problem taking an upgrade if offered. I usually have deck plans of whatever ship we're going to be on & check where the upgrade is located. Obviously I'd refuse one under the jogging deck, unless I liked being woken up early(I don't!)

I understand what you are saying I also study the deck plans that is why I picked that cabin! You walk out your door up a few steps you have a huge aft deck and pool! I do not want to be in an inside with a window or not in the middle of the ship! I did ask them to mark it no upgrade! 29 cruises number 30 coming up not a newbie at this circus..lol
West coast of Florida
811 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
congrats.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
May 1997 - Moorings charter in B.V.I.
April 2007 - Carnival Inspiration
May 2007 - Moorings charter in B.V.I
November 2008 - RCI Monarch of the Seas
July 2010 - Coral Princess
December 2011 - Carnival Legend
May 2012 - Moorings charter in B.V.I.
November 2012 - RCI Jewel of the Seas
April 2013 - MM Vacations charter in B.V.I.
November 2013 - Carnival Breeze
April 2014 - Ruby Princess
December 2014 - Regal Princess - Christmas Crusin'

January 2015 - Carnival Paradise - Women's Club Cruise
August 2015 - Emerald Princess - Black Sea Cruise
November 2015 - Emerald Princess - Thanksgiving Cruise

USA
2,325 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
[quote=cherylakers;56060016]Just got off 28 day Emerald cruise in R740. Loved that cabin location. I chose it and had it marked no upgrade. Booked directly thru Princess. 4 months prior to sailing, i looked at cruise personalizer and was moved to Aloha deck mid ship. I was furious. It took many phone calls but finally got my cabin back. We were traveling with friends who had cabin next to us. They werent moved.

I now will check my cabins every few days

I know why bother marking no upgrade!
26,656 Posts
Joined Jul 2001
Originally posted by Reader0108598
Okay folks took many calls, being a PITA, but got my cabin back half an hour ago!!!!
Congrats!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email Me