Do we BOTH have to get the beverage package?

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:32 PM.
Sacramento Area, CA
1,129 Posts
Joined Jun 2011
Originally posted by voljeep
same with the pbp - you're buying 15 alcoholic drinks per day -so you should be allowed to share with the imposed limit...and unlike the coffee card - it is use it or lose it and can't be carried forward to the next day / cruise .
I have not thought of it that way but you make sense. I wonder if Princess realized that is now more like a coffee card except you cannot share the punches.

Clearly Princess knows what it is doing and sets these plans up to maximize revenue, but I wonder how many take the PBP versus how many would take X drinks per day and pay individually when you go over X - no sharing. Clearly what X is, how much X plan costs would factor in to this but I have to think it could work.
Greenville, SC, USA
54,339 Posts
Joined Apr 2000
same with the pbp - you're buying 15 alcoholic drinks per day -so you should be allowed to share with the imposed limit...and unlike the coffee card - it is use it or lose it and can't be carried forward to the next day / cruise .
With PBP, you are not buying 15 drinks per day. You are buying up to 15 drinks. If each purchaser were getting 15 drinks per day, the price would probably be considerably higher.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Paul
Florida
1,390 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
use it or lose it on a per day basis...and only available to a second person occupying the same cabin..

much stricter than the current coffee card policy, Paul know it
South Carolina
30,135 Posts
Joined Dec 2001
Bottom Line: Both in the same cabin do not have to get the Beverage Package ... but you may not share.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Happy Sailing! OCruisers (LuLu & Roundman)
80+ Cruises .... Princess, Celebrity, RCCL, HAL, Carnival, NCL, Costa, etc. (Still miss Sitmar)
COLORADO
59,535 Posts
Joined Jan 2004
Originally posted by ilikecake
Question - hopefully it's OK that I'm asking here rather than starting a new thread - are the sodas included with the soda package fountain drinks or canned? Thanks!
Fountain for the soda package.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Keith
Princess Elite Member
65 Princess Cruises

USNS HARKNESS T-AGS 32
Sydney, Australia
8,398 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
Don't forget the Gold and Silver wine packages which offer 7, 10 or 12 bottles of wine at a discount. These work like the coffee card in that they are punched and, of course, the bottles of wine can be shared. They aren't available on all voyages though. Ask your dining room waiter.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Mar 2018 - Diamond Princess - Sydney to Yokohama
Sep 2017 - Royal Princess - Mediterranean
Feb 2017 - Celebrity Solstice - Auckland to Sydney
Nov 2016 - Carnival Legend - South Pacific
Sep 2016 - Sun Princess - Papua New Guinea
Apr 2016 - Golden Princess - Sydney to Hong Kong
Dec 2015 - Celebrity Solstice - Auckland to Sydney
Aug 2015 - Dawn Princess - Top End Fremantle to Sydney
Mar 2015 - Rhapsody of the Seas - South Pacific
Dec 2014 - Sun Princess - South Pacific
Sep 2008 - Avalon Tapestry - Rhine Cruise
sw, Fl - Fort Myers Area
7,360 Posts
Joined Nov 2015
Since they now impose a limit of 15 drinks per day many people are interpreting in just that way.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
S 645/72/826/90
3,352 Posts
Joined Nov 2003
How much is the pbp for one person?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

<SMALL>Navigator 2013, Star 2012, Gem July 2012, Spirit Feb. 2012, Navigator 2011, Spirit Feb. 2011, Epic 2010, Explorer 2009, Spirit Feb. 2008, Spirit Nov. 2008, Star 2007, Navigator 2005, Rhadsody 2005, Conquest 2004, Monarch 2004, Rhadsody 2003, Brilliance 2002, SS Independence 2000, Splendour 1998, Nordic Empress 1994, Nordic Empress 1993
</SMALL>
League City, TX
41,245 Posts
Joined Sep 2005
No, you should not be allowed to share.

The beverage package used to include unlimited including alcohol drinks for the person who bought the package. There was too much cheating (sharing). Princess imposed the 15 alcohol drink limit to cut down on sharing (cheating), not to encourage it.
midwest
4,470 Posts
Joined Mar 2007
But you are purchasing more than just alcohol drinks. Unlimited soda and coffees. I know some people who get 4 specialty coffees a day. That would be around $25 a day.

Not going to happen.