The Coffee Card

Unregistered, just back from your Cunard cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Cunard Line

Read hundreds of Cunard Cruise Reviews from cruisers like you.

See posts about:
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:25 AM.
England
228 Posts
Joined Aug 2015
What a wonderful thread and so informative, special thanks to Japyke, I enjoy a quality coffee or two during the day so a QM coffee card would be very welcome. Like Host Hattie says, we too only became aware recently that free speciality coffee like cappuccino was available in the MDR. I'm not too fond of the syrup filter style coffee available so I ask for a cappuccino in the MDR at breakfast too.
Oakland, CA USA
2,075 Posts
Joined Jan 2013
We bought our coffee card on board QM2 at Sir Samuel's and used it to buy our daily lattes. It's a good buy and allows you some savings over individual purchases. We also order free expresso or latte after lunch or breakfast in Britannia...can do it at dinner as well, but I cut off my caffeine intake by mid-afternoon. Then I switch to booze!
warminster uk
851 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
I was surprised that the Coffee card has changed Now its $8.50 per day for all hot drinks as many as you like. You get a sticker on your room card saying hot drinks Just like you get for the soft drinks package.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Vale of Glamorgan
4,220 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
Originally posted by Livefromthebridge
Just a quick question can you still get hot chocolate with the coffee card?
Well the Cunard website currently says -

Coffee Card

A coffee card is available to pre-purchase at a cost of $40* which allows guests, 10 regular coffees once on board (Speciality lattes, liqueur coffees, hot chocolate, extra flavours/toppings, larger sizes are not included)
Which would suggest you can't but zider's post above suggests that this is out of date anyway.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email - [email protected]

Please include your Cruise Critic user name and be patient, I do not have full time access to this mailbox and I am in a different time zone to many of you !
Lancashire
22 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
I ordered the cappuccino in the MDR after every meal and the quality did vary a bit. I got the impression that it depended on how busy the waiter was and whether it was your own waiter from evening meals. Sometimes I thought it was from a proper machine but on others it definitely wasn't - as could be told from the partially dissolved cappuccino powered at the bottom of the cup. Having said that I still prefer either to the standard coffee.
Bergen County, Northern New Jersey, USA
5,863 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Ahh if only they had servd the only grown in the U.S. Coffee. KONA , imho is the worlds best!

Aboard the QM2 too we as Americans like our served coffee with the meal , yes during it.

The waitress we last had was nice but I guess being from Bali was worried about the volcano, as she never had our orders correct. Even after 2 weeks she did not even know what we wanted every seating..

Coffee which originated where Ethiopia is today is a wonderful bean too!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
truncated American born, bred, proud of it. Garden State growing. Cruise more miles on open water!We are Nautical eh..
1066 a.d William I.Again allied Flanders on ships with King Richard I won England / Scotland.Only I have documented from a.d. 241 so far.
Our N. American Family 1584-1587 Roanok Colony / Croatoan site, first English male child born in N.America, first Permanent Settlement on 05/14/1607 A.D. 2 of the 3 ships, Susan (Sarah) Constant & Godspeed building a fort at Jamestowne, Va.

A few years later also 8 more Kin Folk, aboard on the Dutch Liquor Ship, Mayflower 1621.

June 14th, a.d. 1646 our direct kinsman French first Grand Admiral Jean Armand de Maillé-Brézé killed at the Battle of Ortebello , at Sunset on his Flag Ship Grand Saint Louis . His dad was Marshall of France General Urbain de Maillé-Brézé married Miss Nicole du Plessis-Richelieu only sister of Cardinal Richelieu ...Armand Jean du Plessis, cardinal-duc de Richelieu et de Fronsac .

Site of the Battle ( Orbetello) of Isola del Giglio was near the Friday, a.d. Jan.13th 2012 17 Decked SHIP Costa Concordia Crashed (no deck 13) .
May GOD Bless US of America !
eh..what did ya say?
+ <:><~~

I know we can/may all agree to disagree on cruising but provide learning opportunities for all.

((\/))
Our Ocean current, Favorite's ( Favourite's) Cruise Lines are:Cunard/HAL

Our next Ship Trip now is

*Having quality is so much nicer than quantity at a much lower value.* eCommerce with a conscience!*((\/))
Virginia
122 Posts
Joined Mar 2015
Could somebody who has recently sailed give up to date information on the coffee card please? The cost, what is included etc.

And are cappuccinos and lattes still available free of charge in the MDR?
17 Posts
Joined May 2016
A coffee card is available to pre-purchase at a cost of $40* which allows guests, 10 regular coffees once on board (Speciality lattes, liqueur coffees, hot chocolate, extra flavours/toppings, larger sizes are not included)
Yes I have been able to get a latte FOC in MDR

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Oakland, CA USA
2,075 Posts
Joined Jan 2013
Originally posted by ladysail2
Thank you everyone, expecially Japyke, for your most useful information. It sounds like how the Princess coffee card works. I do like coffee, nice tasting coffee, so I'll probably invest in one. I'll have to search for the places to go to get a good one. My coffee of choice is the cappuccino....I can almost taste it now, LOL

Thank you again
Yeah, it's like the Princess coffee card and it's a good buy. Love Sir Samuels on the QM2.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cunard: 109 Days
Seabourn: 68 Days
Azamara: 64 Days
HAL: 41 Days
Crystal: 38 Days
Princess: 28 Days
Oceania: 14 Days
Celebrity: 14 Days
RCL: 7 Days
Commodore: 7 Days
Carnival: 3 Days
Goodtime II: 1 Day
Virginia
122 Posts
Joined Mar 2015
Originally posted by nc388
Yes I have been able to get a latte FOC in MDR

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Thank you for the info.
UK
2,168 Posts
Joined Jun 2009
Can two people use the same card?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past Cruises:
2017Eastbound T/A - Cunard. 2016 Westbound T/A - Cunard: Bahamas & Florida - NCL: 2015 Eastbound T/A - Cunard: 2014 Westbound T/A - Cunard: Norway/Iceland - P&O: 2013 Canary Islands - NCL: 2011 Eastbound T/A - Cunard: 2011 Southern T/A - Celebrity: 2011 Australasia - Princess: 2009 Australia/New Zealand - Royal Caribbean: 2005 Norway - Louis Line: 2004 Alaska - Celebrity: 2000 Eastern Caribbean - Royal Caribbean
195 Posts
Joined Oct 2017
Originally posted by AAAAmerican
Ahh if only they had servd the only grown in the U.S. Coffee. KONA , imho is the worlds best!

Aboard the QM2 too we as Americans like our served coffee with the meal , yes during it.

The waitress we last had was nice but I guess being from Bali was worried about the volcano, as she never had our orders correct. Even after 2 weeks she did not even know what we wanted every seating..

Coffee which originated where Ethiopia is today is a wonderful bean too!
While I really liked Kona I think the quality has gone down hill from about 40 years ago
Cambridgeshire UK
156 Posts
Joined Oct 2011
Looking at my VP it would appear you can only buy the coffee card for the QM2 and QV. Does anyone know why you can't buy a coffee card for use on QE? As an aside, can anyone advise if kettles are available in Britannia Club staterooms (we'll be sailing from Vancouver to Southampton)? Thanks in advance .
195 Posts
Joined Oct 2017
If what I want is a really good cup of regular coffee (not expresso, cappuccino, etc. ) what are the options? The US website really doesn't provide any info.
Oakland, CA USA
2,075 Posts
Joined Jan 2013
Originally posted by LB_NJ
If what I want is a really good cup of regular coffee (not expresso, cappuccino, etc. ) what are the options? The US website really doesn't provide any info.
They serve regular coffee at Sir Samuel's, the coffee bar. Since they are using good beans and machines for the speciality coffees, I assume it's of good quality. Otherwise you option is to drink coffee in port.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cunard: 109 Days
Seabourn: 68 Days
Azamara: 64 Days
HAL: 41 Days
Crystal: 38 Days
Princess: 28 Days
Oceania: 14 Days
Celebrity: 14 Days
RCL: 7 Days
Commodore: 7 Days