Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:16 PM.
#1
USA
2,325 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Hello

Crown princess 1/16/19 booked inside R736. I chose that cabin because of the huge deck right out the door. Asked to mark no upgrade! What do I see this morning but an email telling me I have been upgraded to plaza deck with a window!

I am going to call when they open wondering what my chance of getting my cabin back is. Anyone care to share their experience with this ?

Thank you Reader
#2
26,656 Posts
Joined Jul 2001
Usually if you notice the upgrade and call right away, there is a good chance you can get your old cabin back. Please keep us posted. It may take a few days.

Is your old cabin still available?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email Me
#3
USA
2,325 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Originally posted by Coral
Usually if you notice the upgrade and call right away, there is a good chance you can get your old cabin back. Please keep us posted. It may take a few days.

Is your old cabin still available?

Hi coral

Yes I just called and she put in a request to get the old cabin back. She said since this just happened yesterday good chance of getting it back
#5
rocklin ca
1,528 Posts
Joined Jun 2012
Yes that wouldn't have happened if your booking had been marked as "no upgrade". I hope you get your original cabin back. If not, at least you will have a window. No deck down the hall like on Riviera but it's only two flights up to the Promenade from the cabin they upgraded you to. Plus the International Café would be right down the hall.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruising with teens
#6
USA
9,145 Posts
Joined Dec 2011
We had this happen to us on an upcoming Royal cruise. What they called an upgrade to us was not.

Called our TA and she got our original cabin back.

Do not want to have us put in no upgrade because we would lose the chance to get a good one.
#7
Longwood, Florida, USA
760 Posts
Joined Dec 2002
We once were sailing on Carnival, and they decided to upgrade us. They apparently informed my Travel Agent who was told that it was a suite, and she made the mistake of wanting to suprise us and not tell us (last time we used her.)

When we got to the port we were informed of the switch and told that it was a "near suite." Basically it was listed as an upgrade, slightly larger, but in the back of the ship, under the pool deck.

Rather than take the switch, we refused. After about 30 minutes of arguing, Carnival gave us our original rooms back.
#8
South Florida
4,375 Posts
Joined Jun 2005
Even if your booking is marked "Do Not Upgrade", it does happen. I guess the "computer" can't read!
Catching it asap usually results in reinstatement .
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
#9
USA
2,325 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Originally posted by voljeep
"she said a good chance" - your TA?....i'm betting your cabin was never marked as a no upgrade...
No TA and it was marked no upgrade, been on 29 cruises I know the game. Problem was that the rep marked it no upgrade unless higher catagory. I never said that ! Picked this cabin for the deck right out of the door.
#10
USA
2,325 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Originally posted by rocklinmom
Yes that wouldn't have happened if your booking had been marked as "no upgrade". I hope you get your original cabin back. If not, at least you will have a window. No deck down the hall like on Riviera but it's only two flights up to the Promenade from the cabin they upgraded you to. Plus the International Café would be right down the hall.

Thank you!
#12
Ivanhoe, IL
6,103 Posts
Joined Dec 2003
Reader, good luck getting your inside cabin back. Must be a real nice deck access to give up an Oceanview cabin.

I would guess that there is a high probability that you can switch back. If someone else already has your inside cabin, perhaps they will take the upgrade instead.
#13
USA
2,325 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Originally posted by jagoffee
Reader, good luck getting your inside cabin back. Must be a real nice deck access to give up an Oceanview cabin.

I would guess that there is a high probability that you can switch back. If someone else already has your inside cabin, perhaps they will take the upgrade instead.

Thank you! On crown princess you walk out your door up a small set of stairs and you have a large aft deck and pool. They can keep that window..lol An upgrade is not always an upgrade!
#14
Lihue HI & Calimesa CA
6,187 Posts
Joined May 2013
Originally posted by Reader0108598
On crown princess you walk out your door up a small set of stairs and you have a large aft deck and pool. They can keep that window..lol
We love that area. It's like having a semi-private pool and balcony.
#17
New Mexico
14,874 Posts
Joined May 2004
Tedferg, Perhaps you are looking at the deck plans of a different ship?? OP is not on Plaza, is on Riviera, although Crown does have a Plaza deck, too. The big deck area being discussed is the aft Terrace pool.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

#18
3,808 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Originally posted by Reader0108598
No TA and it was marked no upgrade, been on 29 cruises I know the game. Problem was that the rep marked it no upgrade unless higher category. I never said that ! Picked this cabin for the deck right out of the door.
I ALWAYS state "no upgrade unless it's to the Owner's suite." they upgraded us once from the Caribe deck to the Aloha deck right under Lido buffet. We were livid! They don't ever want to upgrade us ever again. It's rarely ever an upgrade, always a downgrade. I'll pull an "S" fit if they ever try.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature











Cruises

05/2018 Grand Princess - Alaska

01/2018 Grand Princess - Hawaii
10/2017 Crown Princess - New England
05/2017 Grand Princess - Alaska
02/2017 Grand Princess - Hawaii
11/2016 Royal Princess - Caribbean
10/2016 Caribbean Princess - New England
5/2016 Carnival Legend - Alaska
4/2016 Coral Princess - Panama Canal
2/2016 Ruby Princess - Mexican Riviera
1/2016 Ruby Princess - Hawaii
12/2015 Island Princess - Panama Canal
9/2015 Carnival Miracle - Mexico
5/2015 Golden Princess - Alaska
4/2015 Crown Princess - California Coastal
1/2015 Star Princess - Hawaii
10/2014 Star Princess--Mexico
8/2014 Carnival Imagination--Mexico
5/2014 Star Princess (Alaska)
2/2014 Sapphire Princess--Mexico
11/2013 Grand Princess--Hawaii
8/2013 Carnival Miracle--Alaska
1/2013 Inspiration--Mexico
1/2013 Inspiration (b2b)--Mexico
10/2012 Island Princess (Panama Canal)
10/2010 Carnival Spirit--Mexico
10/2010 Carnival Spirit-b2b--Mexico
1/2010 Carnival Splendor--Mexico
1/2009 Carnival Spirit--Mexico
11/2007 Carnival Spirit--Mexico
1/2004 Diamond Princess--Mexico
11/2003 Carnival Pride--Mexico
12/2002 Carnival Elation--Mexico
1/2001 Carnival Elation--Mexico
5/2000 Carnival Elation--Mexico
1986 - RCCL Song of America--Caribbean
1984 - RCCL Song of Norway-
-Caribbean
#19
USA
2,325 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Originally posted by elliair
I ALWAYS state "no upgrade unless it's to the Owner's suite." they upgraded us once from the Caribe deck to the Aloha deck right under Lido buffet. We were livid! They don't ever want to upgrade us ever again. It's rarely ever an upgrade, always a downgrade. I'll pull an "S" fit if they ever try.

Agreed!
#20
885 Posts
Joined Sep 2005
I would rather have my inside cabin over an ocean view. Only a balcony or better would I want for an upgrade.


Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature