Anyway to know layout of OV room?

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:58 PM.
#1
Toronto, Canada
628 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
we have room E632 (obstructed, but not reallly, OV) on the Crown this summer, and this is the first time we have booked an OV room. I was curious as to the layout of the room, specifically whether the bed was against the window or the wall. I"ve seen video of rooms L101 (bed against window) and E305 (bed against wall), and while I don't know if there is a size difference, the rooms with the bed against the wall seems to make the most of the space available. I have seen photos of the view out the window of E632, but not the actual room.

Has anyone stayed in this room, and remember the bed placement? Just curious, no other reason.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
#3
San Francisco Bay Area
7,688 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
Definitely against the wall and in every other room where the doors are located in the alcove side by side, the bed will be pointed either aft or forward.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruise Raider
#5
825 Posts
Joined Apr 2013
My favorite non-balcony cabin! I was in it in March in the Caribbean & last year around S. America.

Yes, the bed is on the wall. The window is big & is about waist high & up.

In S. America, during rainy/windy/cold weather, I could sit by the window & enjoy the scenery. I also sat there leaving some ports & actually photographed penguins on small beaches as we cruised out.

As a solo cruiser, that cabin is my "balcony" that I can't afford otherwise.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
My future: Crown Princess (March '18)
Sapphire Princess (June '18)

My past: NCL (1967); Sitmar ('74, '78, '79, '81, '82, '85. '88); Commodore ('75); RCCL ('80, '83, '99); KD on the Rhine ('83); American Hawaii ('85, '87); Celebrity ('98); Premier ('99); American West (2000); HAL (2014) Princess (Dawn x5, Crown x3, old Royal x2, Ruby x2, Emerald x2, Star, Golden, Grand, Sun, Diamond
#6
Toronto, Canada
628 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
Originally posted by DRS/NC
My favorite non-balcony cabin! I was in it in March in the Caribbean & last year around S. America.

Yes, the bed is on the wall. The window is big & is about waist high & up.

In S. America, during rainy/windy/cold weather, I could sit by the window & enjoy the scenery. I also sat there leaving some ports & actually photographed penguins on small beaches as we cruised out.

As a solo cruiser, that cabin is my "balcony" that I can't afford otherwise.
That’s so great to hear. Thank you. We normally book balconies because I love sitting and listening to the sounds of the ocean and love watching us come in and out of port. However this year the Mediterranean itineraries are so expensive we decided we would rather cruise in an OV than not cruise. I was also concerned about having a smaller room for 14 days but guess I will need to practice Packing less and doing away with non-essentials such as way too many shoes
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
#8
Toronto, Canada
628 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
Originally posted by hooked-cruiser
You have the same space in the OV & Ow cabins as the D deck balconies. We never have a problem and my DW always takes too many pairs of shoes (and dresses)
Too bad CC doesn't have a "like" button!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
#9
1,930 Posts
Joined Oct 2002
Yes, this should have the same layout as a balcony cabin... without the balcony...
Drapes across the wall, and the window.
I believe that most all of these cabins on deck 8 have this layout. I believe that all the cabins for max-2 will !
From what I am guessing, the bed will be against the left wall, backward aft-facing.
I notice that there is a fire-door right there at that cabin. I have heard that it is possible, like during a busy morning with room service carts going back and forth, that one can hear the ka-bump ka-bump as they go over that break in the floor.

We had a similar cabin on the Coral Princess, and enjoyed it.

Happy Cruising!
#10
Coastal GA USA
22,844 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
The rule of thumb on Princess is that quad cabins will have beds under the window with upper bunks on the side walls. If the cabin is only for 2, then the cabins will be on the side walls. EM
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Booked: Celebrity Equinox 08/25/18
Carnival Splendor 1/14/18 13 nites
Carnival Elation 12/11/17 5 nites
Carnival Fascination 10/8/17 4 nites
Carnival Magic 8/26/17 8 nites
Carnival Pride B2B 21 nites 2/19/17 Caribbean
Carnival Glory 8/27/16
MSC Divina 5/7/16
Carnival Fascination 22 Feb 2016 Bahamas
MSC Divina 11/20-23/2013 Bahamas
Coral Princess 17 July 2013 Alaska
Celebrity Silhouette 22 May 2013 Adriatic & Italy
Queen Elizabeth 15 May 2013 4 nights
Celebrity Infinity 16 April 2013 B2B San Diego to Harwich
Nieuw Amsterdam Mediterranean 4/30 - 5/24/2012
Millennium B2B2B 2/6-20/2012 Caribbean
Caribbean Princess 10/29/2011 Caribbean Islander NY to FLL
Celebrity Solstice 5/1/2011 FLL to Barcelona
Carnival Fascination 2/28/11 Bahamas
QM 2 12/8/2010 Caribbean Delights
Celebrity Summit 10/24/10 B2B NY to San Juan
Emerald Princess 8/29/10 Western Caribbean
Diamond Princess 5/29/10 B2B Alaska
Westerdam 2/7/10 Eastern & Southern Caribbean
Carnival Dream 10/27/09 Transatlantic
Carnival Sensation 6/18/09 Bahamas
Carnival Splendor 5/17/09 B2B Mexi-not to Canada
Oosterdam 2/28/09 San Diego to Rome 32 nights
Carnival Fascination 12/13/08 Bahamas
QE 2 7/31/08 Lands of Fire and Ice
Celebration 3/27/08 Bahamas
Celebration 1/26/08 Bahamas
Norwegian Spirit 10/20/07 CTN
Elation 4/23/07 B2B Bahamas
Zenith 8/2006 Bermuda
Calypso 7/2005 Greek Isles
Star Princess Inaugural 2/2002 Pacific Rim Singapore to LA 26 nights
Millennium 8/2000 Baltic
Fantasy 6/1999 Bahamas
Royal Princess 1/1999 Buenos Aires to Manaus
Home Lines Oceanic x 2 1973 NYC to Nassau 7 nights
Homes Lines Homeric x2 Eastern Caribbean 1972 10 nights
#11
Toronto, Canada
628 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
Originally posted by Wishing on a star
Yes, this should have the same layout as a balcony cabin... without the balcony...
Drapes across the wall, and the window.
I believe that most all of these cabins on deck 8 have this layout. I believe that all the cabins for max-2 will !
From what I am guessing, the bed will be against the left wall, backward aft-facing.
I notice that there is a fire-door right there at that cabin. I have heard that it is possible, like during a busy morning with room service carts going back and forth, that one can hear the ka-bump ka-bump as they go over that break in the floor.

We had a similar cabin on the Coral Princess, and enjoyed it.

Happy Cruising!
Thank you!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
#12
Mojave Desert
633 Posts
Joined Oct 2016
This is the photo shown for E632 on the Crown on Princess.com:



YMMV
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
MV Royal Majesty • N Caribbean
MS Zenith • Bermuda
MS Rhapsody of the Seas • S Caribbean
MS Ryndam • Alaska
MS Horizon • Bermuda
MV Yorktown Clipper • San Francisco/Sacramento (!)
MS Paul Gauguin • Tahiti
MS Navigator • St Lawrence Seaway
MS Emerald Princess • Australia/New Zealand
MS Ruby Princess • California Coast
MS Eurodam • Alaska
#14
Halifax
441 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
Originally posted by Essiesmom
The rule of thumb on Princess is that quad cabins will have beds under the window with upper bunks on the side walls. If the cabin is only for 2, then the cabins will be on the side walls. EM
That is generally true, but there are exceptions. We found E633 on the Saphire had beds under the window and no wall-hung beds.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Saphire-e633-4.jpg (58.1 KB, 11 views)
#15
Mojave Desert
633 Posts
Joined Oct 2016
Originally posted by Wishing on a star
I am thinking that this is just the stock photo assigned to OV cabins. That is just how it works.
The cabins, or most of the cabins, on Emerald deck will have the layout of a balcony cabin.
It is a stock photo, hence the black "there's no view outside" banner, but methinks their lawyers
would insist they illustrate the typical layout, no?

Especially for the virtual tour link:
https://www.princess.com/ships-and-e...rown-princess/ > Accommodations > Oceanview > 360º
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
MV Royal Majesty • N Caribbean
MS Zenith • Bermuda
MS Rhapsody of the Seas • S Caribbean
MS Ryndam • Alaska
MS Horizon • Bermuda
MV Yorktown Clipper • San Francisco/Sacramento (!)
MS Paul Gauguin • Tahiti
MS Navigator • St Lawrence Seaway
MS Emerald Princess • Australia/New Zealand
MS Ruby Princess • California Coast
MS Eurodam • Alaska