Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:58 PM.
San Francisco
4,279 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
Has anyone been able to reserve the Balcony Breakfast or Dinner paying in advance with OBC?

Thanks!

Tom😎
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

USS Coral Sea, CVA 43, 1966-1967
SoCal/Maui No Ka Oi
19,774 Posts
Joined Dec 2009
Originally posted by trbarton
Has anyone been able to reserve the Balcony Breakfast or Dinner paying in advance with OBC?

Thanks!

Tom��
The only thing OBC can be used for as a pre-payment are shore excursions so your answer is no.
pa
7,865 Posts
Joined Dec 2007
Originally posted by trbarton

Thanks!

Tom😎
Tom, I don't even see an option in my cruise personlizer for pre-purchase of these dining experiences.
NW
25 Posts
Joined Apr 2018
Originally posted by sknight
Tom, I don't even see an option in my cruise personlizer for pre-purchase of these dining experiences.
I tried with no luck - our agent called/asked and they said due to volume (of OBC dining credit) they will pre-assign folks to spevial dining (likely Crowne Grill) and then we can ask to change days/times if space is available.
Clifton, NJ
3,062 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
Originally posted by HadCDL
I tried with no luck - our agent called/asked and they said due to volume (of OBC dining credit) they will pre-assign folks to spevial dining (likely Crowne Grill) and then we can ask to change days/times if space is available.
Actually, the OP was asking pre-reserving the Ultimate Balcony Dinner and Breakfast which as the name implies is served in your cabin. He was also asking about paying for it with OBC.

The answer provided is that you cannot pre-reserve so the OBC question is not applicable.

In response to what your TA told you, I have never heard anything like that before. One restriction on pre-reserving dinner in the specialty restaurants is that it can't be done for embarkation night. This is because suite guests as well as many other passengers that receive free specialty dinner as a perk receive the benefit on the first night. I have not seen any restrictions on pre-reserving the other nights since Princess started offering this option.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Michael (the guy on the right )

Caribbean Princess - Circle Caribbean - March 2018
Regal Princess - Copenhagen to NYC TA - September 2017
Coral Princess - Panama Canal Full Transit - April 2017
Pacific Princess - Scotland, Iceland and Norway - September 2016
Norwegian Breakaway - Florida/Bahamas - April 2016
Crown Princess - Alaska - July 2015
Caribbean Princess - Eastern Caribbean - April 2015
Caribbean Princess - Western Caribbean - April 2015
Ocean Princess - Aegean, Black and Adriatic Seas - October 2014
Emerald Princess - Southern Caribbean - April 2014
Crown Princess - Norwegian Fjords - September 2013
Norwegian Jewel - Florida/Bahamas - April 2013
Emerald Princess - Canada / New England - October 2012
Crown Princess - British Isles - August 2011
Ruby Princess - Grand Mediterranean September 2010
Emerald Princess - Baltics - September 2009
Diamond Princess - Alaska - July 2008
Big Red Boat (Royale) - Florida/Bahamas - August 1988
3,007 Posts
Joined Feb 2002
I already have mine booked, it went on the old credit card.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
[email protected]

2018 Caribbean Princess - 10 night September 8 - Princess Cays, St Thomas, St. Kitts, St Marteen, St Lucia Antigua
2018 Royal Princess - 10 night - February 28 - March 10 Princess Cay,St Thomas, St. Kitts, St Lucia, Barbados
2017 Regal Princess 10 night October 26 - November 5 - New York to Ft Lauderdale
2017 Crown Princess 5 night March 20 - 25 RT Ft Lauderdale--Amber Cove, Grand Turk
2016 Caribbean Princess 8 night -- November 5--Ft Lauderdale RT ABC Islands
2015 Regal Princess 5 night --November 3 - 8 Ft Lauderdale RT Back to Back
2015 Regal Princess 10 night -- October 24 New York to Ft Lauderdale
2014 Royal Princess 10 night -- October 25 New York to Ft Lauderdale
2013 Caribbean Princess October 26 -- 10 night New York to Houston
2013 Caribbean Princess April 13 -- 7 night Ft Lauderdale RT
2012 Caribbean Princess October 31-- 10 night New York to Ft Lauderdale (Hurricane Sandy) Actually 11/2 -- 11/10 Delay due to hurricane
2011 Caribbean Princess October 29 --10 night New York to Ft Lauderdale (NorEaster)
2010 Norwegian Star - 10 night October 25 - Nov 4- Miami - Miami
2009 Celebrity Constellation October 30 -- Bayonne - Miami
2007 RCCL Empress of the Seas October 27 -- Philadelphia - San Juan
2006 Norwegian Spirit 11 night October 29 -- Nov 9 New York to New York (Freezing Cold)
2004 RCCL Empress of the Seas - Sept 18 -Bayonne to Bayonne
2003 Celebrity Century July -- Ft Lauderdale - Ft Lauderdale
1995 - 1999 Regal Cruises Regal Empress --Feb 24, 95, May 10, 96, May 27, 97, Aug 3, 97, March 27, 98,Aug 23, 98, Aug 1, 99 (7X)
1994 - 1995 Dolphin Line Seabreeze-- Two times - April 3, 1994
1992 - 1993 Chandris Line Britannis-- Two times April 16, 1993
1991 Crown Cruise Line Crown Monarch --Cruise that started it all.......July 27- Aug 3
NW
25 Posts
Joined Apr 2018
Originally posted by msmoger
Actually, the OP was asking pre-reserving the Ultimate Balcony Dinner and Breakfast which as the name implies is served in your cabin. He was also asking about paying for it with OBC.

The answer provided is that you cannot pre-reserve so the OBC question is not applicable.

In response to what your TA told you, I have never heard anything like that before. One restriction on pre-reserving dinner in the specialty restaurants is that it can't be done for embarkation night. This is because suite guests as well as many other passengers that receive free specialty dinner as a perk receive the benefit on the first night. I have not seen any restrictions on pre-reserving the other nights since Princess started offering this option.
Oops - thanks for the corrections; will discuss whether to look into it ahead or sort it near start when arriving on board.
UK
117 Posts
Joined Dec 2013
I have pre-booked the Ultimate Balcony Dinner for our July Caribbean sailing. I had to search a bit on my personalised but found it under the Culinary Delights section of the Onboard Reservations. Had to pay on c card though instead of using OBC.
Denver
196 Posts
Joined Sep 2017
Indeed, I booked ours (Breakfast) ahead of the cruise in August. Figured "What the heck" if I waited, might not get to enjoy it - so out came the CC. One question, however, can we pick what we want for breakfast? I mean, I'm an omelette, hash browns and bacon kind of guy and my DW is more comfortable with fruit and yogurt...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
SoCal/Maui No Ka Oi
19,774 Posts
Joined Dec 2009
Originally posted by RandallFlagg
Indeed, I booked ours (Breakfast) ahead of the cruise in August. Figured "What the heck" if I waited, might not get to enjoy it - so out came the CC. One question, however, can we pick what we want for breakfast? I mean, I'm an omelette, hash browns and bacon kind of guy and my DW is more comfortable with fruit and yogurt...
This is their description but like the UBD it’s possible to modify the standard menu to meet your preferences:

includes specialty pastries, fresh fruits, quiche, smoked salmon and other special treats served with a half bottle of chilled sparkling wine”.

The breakfast’s service is much different than at dinner which is served in courses by tuxedoed waitstaff. Breakfast is delivered all at once & they stack the covered plates to serve yourself. Both meals are a lot of food so bring your appetite.