Do we BOTH have to get the beverage package?

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:22 PM.
9 Posts
Joined May 2018
Our first time on Princess - very excited about our upcoming cruise My question is, if I purchase a drink package, be it soda, water, or alcohol, do my husband and I both have to get the package since we will be sharing the room? Thanks much!
26,654 Posts
Joined Jul 2001
The water package is a 12 pack that can be purchased for $6.90. That can be shared as it is a 12 pack delivered to the room. The coffee card is a punch card and the punches can be shared (though not the brewed coffee that comes with it).

The soda and alcohol package does not need to be bought by everyone in the room but can't be shared.

Confusing.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email Me
3,791 Posts
Joined Oct 2004
Just noticed cans are back:
"Canned Soda Package CA$14.38 6 cans for the price of 5

Choose any six canned sodas listed below in any combination for the price of five: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Diet Sprite, orange soda, soda water, tonic water, ginger ale."

Still cheaper to bring own 6-8 pack.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
dog

Star Princess...Feb. 14, 2019...South America

Sky Princess...Nov. 3, 2019...Med.
9 Posts
Joined May 2018
I just did some research, but the information is dated October 2017. Hoping it hasn't changed. It said we are allowed to bring water, soda, etc..... on board. Not that I'm going to lug my case of tasty Costco vitamin water from Houston to Copenhagen, but it would be nice to not have to pay ridiculous prices (the entire cruise) for drinks.
13,521 Posts
Joined Apr 2013
Originally posted by annimc19
I just did some research, but the information is dated October 2017. Hoping it hasn't changed. It said we are allowed to bring water, soda, etc..... on board. Not that I'm going to lug my case of tasty Costco vitamin water from Houston to Copenhagen, but it would be nice to not have to pay ridiculous prices (the entire cruise) for drinks.
As of April 1, 2018, I was allowed to bring on board my daughter's favorite soft drink in any amount we chose. Only alcohol is restricted on Princess.
Southern California
1,208 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
You should have a soda sticker for each person who will be ordering a soda on this program. However, my wife does not drink that much soda. So I just buy a sticker for myself. But sometimes she will order a soda in a bar. So I order two sodas and show my sticker thinking they will bring me a glass and I will pay for the second. But the staff just brings us two glasses without charging for my wife's soda which should be a can and not in a glass like mine. I think it is easier for the staff just to bring two glass than go through the process of charging for the can of soda. But if I have to pay for my wife's soda- no problem.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Paul

Future
Mexico Thanksgiving 2018. Ruby
South America: Fort Lauderdale to LA Feb/Mar 2019 Royal

Completed
California Coastal March/April 2018. RubyRuby Princess Mexico Nov. 2017
Diamond PrincessJapan and SE Asia Oct 2017
Ruby Princess Cabo Nov. 2016
Alaska June/July 2016
California Coastal Apr/May 2016
Vancouver to Seattle (1 Day)
Santa Barbara Nov. 2015
Golden Princess Buenos Aires to Santiago March 2015 Part 1
Golden Princess Santiago to Los Angeles March 2015 Part 2
Grand Princess Mexico Rivera Nov. 2014
Sapphire Princess Southern California Jan. 2014 Part 2
Sapphire Princess Southern California Jan 2014 Part 1
Ruby Princess Eastern Mediterranean Rome to Barcelona Oct 2013 Part 3
Ruby Princess Eastern Mediterranean Athens to Rome Oct 2013 Part 2
Ruby Princess Eastern Mediterranean Venice to Athens Sep/Oct 2013 Part I
Coral Princess: Panama Canal Feb 2013
Emerald Princess Southern Caribbean Apr 2012 Part 2
Emerald Princess Eastern Caribbean Apr 2012 Part 1
Sapphire Princess South Pacific Oct 2011
Sea Princess Alaska July 2011
Golden Princess Hawaii March 2011
Sapphire Princess Mexico Rivera Dec 2010
Sea Princess, Alaska, Sep. 2010
Crown Princess, West Caribbean, Apr. 2010
Diamond Princess, Australia and NZ, Jan. 2010
Carnival Splendor, Mexican Rivera, Dec. 2009
Coral Princess, Panama Canal, Sep. and Oct 2009
Grand Princess, West Europe, Apr. and May 2009 Part 2
Grand Princess, Transatlantic and UK, Apr. 2009 Part 1
Star Princess. Mexican Rivera, Oct. 2008
21 Posts
Joined Jun 2013
Question - hopefully it's OK that I'm asking here rather than starting a new thread - are the sodas included with the soda package fountain drinks or canned? Thanks!
152 Posts
Joined Feb 2005
I really wish they could offer a couple different options for the alcohol drink packages. If I remember right, it's something like $68/day. I could never drink enough to make that worth it. I'm anticipating maybe having 1-3 drinks a day, so it would be cheaper for me to buy them individually. But if there was a drink package that was somewhere around $30-35 per day, that might be more appealing to me.
13,521 Posts
Joined Apr 2013
Originally posted by ilikecake
Question - hopefully it's OK that I'm asking here rather than starting a new thread - are the sodas included with the soda package fountain drinks or canned? Thanks!
A couple years ago, the soda package was listed on line as including root beer in cans, and it did. That's the only canned soda we were able to get on the package. Otherwise they are fountain products from the gun.
613 Posts
Joined Aug 2017
Originally posted by Coral
The water package is a 12 pack that can be purchased for $6.90.
I believe the price recently went up to $12-18?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Independence, Liberty, Navigator, Independence of the Seas - 2009, 2011, 2012, 2014.
Regal Princess - 2016 and 2017.
Caribbean Princess - 2016.
Royal Princess in November 2018 - maybe.
Allure of the Seas - March 2019.
Land of Bad Comedy
3,811 Posts
Joined Aug 2012
Originally posted by Itchy&Scratchy
Not to extend this thread anymore, but the water is still $ 6.90 USD
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Work in Process
Florida
1,770 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
offer the pbp for a single passenger for $ 70 per day - but then discount that in half if the second person in the cabin also gets it...so $ 105 for a couple staying in the same cabin...

we would prolly do that...
13,820 Posts
Joined Apr 2001
Originally posted by Itchy&Scratchy
You're right. It did but it seemed to be a mistake and was corrected pretty quickly back to the $6.90 rate for 12 water bottles.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
43 Completed Cruises so far - Princess Elite, RCI Diamond, Celebrity Elite, Cunard Platinum, Azamara Discoverer
Upcoming Cruises:
Left for 2018: Azamara Quest
& Emerald Princess
2019: Ruby Princess, Royal Princess & Jewel OTS
2020: Royal Princess, Celebrity Summit & 2 more TBD
13,521 Posts
Joined Apr 2013
Originally posted by paul929207
No, but you can't buy one and share it.
Paul is completely right. No, Princess is not like Carnival. On Princess, each person can choose to buy a beverage package or not. But the package is for one person and sharing is not permitted.

If you are caught sharing, they will cancel the package with no refund.

Obviously, buying a bunch of something--12 waters, 6 sodas, or 15 coffee punches can be shared. In that case, you bought the number of whatever and can use it as you see fit until your number runs out,
Florida
1,770 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
same with the pbp - you're buying 15 alcoholic drinks per day -so you should be allowed to share with the imposed limit...and unlike the coffee card - it is use it or lose it and can't be carried forward to the next day / cruise .
Greenville, SC, USA
54,431 Posts
Joined Apr 2000
Originally posted by annimc19
You can bring on any non-alcoholic beverages at embarkation and at ports along the way
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Paul