British Isles Dublin Shuttle ? (Royal Princess)

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 12:05 PM.
2,956 Posts
Joined Feb 2010
I’m hoping someone from one of the first British Isles cruises of this season can answer this...What time does the shuttle start running in Dublin? We dock at 5:30 AM.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruising through life one ship at a time
1,794 Posts
Joined Nov 2005
We were on the May 1st sailing of the Royal which docked at 2:30 PM on its first day in Dublin. The double deckers were on the pier when we arrived and more came in as the lines to get on them grew. It was a bit hectic on the first day as everyone wanted to get into the city ASAP. Since we did an overnight, the second day was much smoother. Return bus service was prompt.

Darcy
Coastal North Carolina
7,284 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
Our cruise has a Dublin docking time of 11 am. Based on your comments it may be better to have lunch on board and get off early afternoon. I hate crowds, especially if the queue is not well organized.

Are the double deckers provided by the cruise line? What is the fee? Thx!

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sunsetbeachgal. Princess Elite Member, HAL *** Mariner
From the Sunny North Carolina Coast

Next: British Isles, Royal Princess June, 2018

Completed: Regal Princess, Feb 2017, Oasis of the Seas, Nov., 2016, Regal Princess Repo. Oct. 2016, Scenic Cruises Rhine River, June, 2016, Coral Princess Carib., Jan, 2016, HAL Eurodam, N. Europe, June, 2015, Regal Princess Carib., Jan. 2015, HAL Prinsendam, No. Europe, Sept. 2014, Freedom of the Seas, W. Carib, March, 2014, HAL Eurodam, W. Carib. Nov., 2013, Royal Princess Grand Med., July, 2013, Emerald Princess, Carib., Jan. 2013, Sapphire Princess, California Coastal, Oct. 2012, Enchantment of the Seas-Bermuda, Aug. 2012, Freedom of the Seas-Carib., May, 2012, Star Princess, S. Carib. Mar., 2011, Ocean Princess-Greek Isles/Med-Sept., 2010, Crown Princess-W. Carib. March, 2010, Island Princess-Panama Canal, Nov. 2009, Emerald Princess S. Carib., Jan. 2009, Coral Princess-Alaska Cruisetour-June, 2008, Emerald Princess-S. Carib.- Jan., 2008, Mariner of the Seas-E. Carib.-January, 2007, Golden Princess-Med/Greek Isles-October, 2006, Star Princess-W. Carib.-January, 2006, Golden Princess-W. Europe/British Isles-June, 2005, HAL Zuiderdam-E. Carib.-Dec. 2003, HAL Volendam-W. Carib.-Dec. 2002. Silversea-Silver Whisper-Med.-May, 2002, Grand Princess-W. Carib.-Oct. 2001, Sea Princess-W. Carib.-Feb, 2000, Carnival Destiny-Canada/N.E.-June, 2000, HAL Maasdam-Baltic/Russia-July, 2000, Grand Princess-Grand Med.-June, 1999 and others...celebrating 35 years of cruising!
1,794 Posts
Joined Nov 2005
Originally posted by sunsetbeachgal
Our cruise has a Dublin docking time of 11 am. Based on your comments it may be better to have lunch on board and get off early afternoon. I hate crowds, especially if the queue is not well organized.

Are the double deckers provided by the cruise line? What is the fee? Thx!

Since this is an industrial port, the shuttle bus system is free. It is relatively well organized, and the queue moves quickly - but there the usual group of passengers who have a need to sit together on the shuttle, get on, then off and back on again. For those will mobility issues, the upper deck can be a tad difficult, so go for the lower level seating.

Don't miss the opportunity to have lunch/dinner in a Dublin pub. Some pubs was strictly beverage, Temple Bar was madness on the day we meandered through, Brazen Head oldest pub - was packed, and the one across the street had a so-so menu. We finally had a meal, and beverages, at a place called the Oak - very nice.

Darcy
Coastal North Carolina
7,284 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
Thx Darcy! Does this free shuttle drop you off downtown? We are either just going to walk around on our own or do HOHO bus.

And thx for meal recommendation. My husband will want to eat fish n chips all over the U.K. and Ireland!

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sunsetbeachgal. Princess Elite Member, HAL *** Mariner
From the Sunny North Carolina Coast

Next: British Isles, Royal Princess June, 2018

Completed: Regal Princess, Feb 2017, Oasis of the Seas, Nov., 2016, Regal Princess Repo. Oct. 2016, Scenic Cruises Rhine River, June, 2016, Coral Princess Carib., Jan, 2016, HAL Eurodam, N. Europe, June, 2015, Regal Princess Carib., Jan. 2015, HAL Prinsendam, No. Europe, Sept. 2014, Freedom of the Seas, W. Carib, March, 2014, HAL Eurodam, W. Carib. Nov., 2013, Royal Princess Grand Med., July, 2013, Emerald Princess, Carib., Jan. 2013, Sapphire Princess, California Coastal, Oct. 2012, Enchantment of the Seas-Bermuda, Aug. 2012, Freedom of the Seas-Carib., May, 2012, Star Princess, S. Carib. Mar., 2011, Ocean Princess-Greek Isles/Med-Sept., 2010, Crown Princess-W. Carib. March, 2010, Island Princess-Panama Canal, Nov. 2009, Emerald Princess S. Carib., Jan. 2009, Coral Princess-Alaska Cruisetour-June, 2008, Emerald Princess-S. Carib.- Jan., 2008, Mariner of the Seas-E. Carib.-January, 2007, Golden Princess-Med/Greek Isles-October, 2006, Star Princess-W. Carib.-January, 2006, Golden Princess-W. Europe/British Isles-June, 2005, HAL Zuiderdam-E. Carib.-Dec. 2003, HAL Volendam-W. Carib.-Dec. 2002. Silversea-Silver Whisper-Med.-May, 2002, Grand Princess-W. Carib.-Oct. 2001, Sea Princess-W. Carib.-Feb, 2000, Carnival Destiny-Canada/N.E.-June, 2000, HAL Maasdam-Baltic/Russia-July, 2000, Grand Princess-Grand Med.-June, 1999 and others...celebrating 35 years of cruising!
1,794 Posts
Joined Nov 2005
Originally posted by sunsetbeachgal
Thx Darcy! Does this free shuttle drop you off downtown? We are either just going to walk around on our own or do HOHO bus.

And thx for meal recommendation. My husband will want to eat fish n chips all over the U.K. and Ireland!

We all had fish 'n chips at the Oak, nicely presented.

If you are in Southampton, walk toward the Old Town - Duke of Wellington, an historic old pub has fantastic fish 'n chips. DH said they were the best he's ever had and we're from New England and very seafood fussy.

The shuttle drops and picks up along Merrion Square, short walk toward Trinity College. We made the mistake of using the red HoHo bus, long wait times at each stop with the bus just sitting at the various stops, audio was awful, finally caught a cab to where we wanted to go.

Darcy
1,794 Posts
Joined Nov 2005
Originally posted by anthonyy7
We arrive in Dublin at 530am as well, what time did the shuttle start on day 2? What about Belfast, free as well?
We didn't get onto the shuttles until about 8:30 on the second day, so I have no idea when they started. Many passengers were already off the ship and there was no line at that time.

In Belfast, we did a private tour for the day. If it's an industrial port, then the shuttles are free.

Darcy
43 Posts
Joined May 2004
Darcy, we are on the Royal British Isles next week. Thanks for the shuttle and pub info. Do you happen to know if there is shuttle in LeHavre? We are renting a car in town and wondering if we need a cab to get to Enterprise rental.
2,956 Posts
Joined Feb 2010
Ok, does anyone know Day 2 what time they started? That may give those of us who arrive at 5:30 AM a better idea of what to expect.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruising through life one ship at a time