BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:59 PM.
23 Posts
Joined Sep 2016
would love to hear from anyone that has stayed in a Club Class mini suite and has experienced the Club Class food and dining. Is it worth the extra money?
Oakland, Ca, US
419 Posts
Joined Mar 2004
Club class dining is basically "Any Time Dining" (except for the Pacific Princess which only has traditional) in a separate area with dedicated wait staff (most were very very good) the same menu as the rest of the dining room but with one added dish not available to the rest of the dining room (sometimes prepared in the club class are. Club class mini-suites are also located mid ship if location is important to you. Worth the extra money ? That is up to the individual's perspective - we loved it.
San Diego County
2,597 Posts
Joined Sep 2009
We also loved it - much less crowded, no waiting for a table for us (though I have read of a few rare exceptions), excellent service, very friendly atmosphere. The extra cost (which also gets you a prime mid-ship cabin location) is well worth it for us. Use the "Search" feature at the top right of the Celebrity board page and you'll see multiple recent threads on the topic.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Cruising since 1977.
2,324 Posts
Joined Apr 2002
I used Club Class, but I was in a suite. The service was above usually great service. I liked the extra dishes. Had some great pasta that can be done in appetizer portion.
Southern California
128 Posts
Joined Feb 2018
Originally posted by Kartgv
We also loved it - much less crowded, no waiting for a table for us (though I have read of a few rare exceptions), excellent service, very friendly atmosphere. The extra cost (which also gets you a prime mid-ship cabin location) is well worth it for us. Use the "Search" feature at the top right of the Celebrity board page and you'll see multiple recent threads on the topic.
Celebrity????
Los Angeles Ca.
5,597 Posts
Joined Nov 2010
The question for the OP is what value you would pay for a no wait anytime dining. I dislike the location of the CC mini's because I like deck 8 fully covered private balconies. Last month I sailed in a suite so didn't pay extra for club class dining. I would make the cut in price at about $25 per person per day because at that price point I could use the different specialty restaurants and not have the banquet style main dining room food.
Southern California
128 Posts
Joined Feb 2018
Originally posted by cruzsnooze
The question for the OP is what value you would pay for a no wait anytime dining. I dislike the location of the CC mini's because I like deck 8 fully covered private balconies. Last month I sailed in a suite so didn't pay extra for club class dining. I would make the cut in price at about $25 per person per day because at that price point I could use the different specialty restaurants and not have the banquet style main dining room food.
Hey Cruzsnooze,
Nice to see you here again.

Fred
*********, SC
683 Posts
Joined Jul 2007
We were fortunate on our last two cruises on Royal to receive upsell to Suite. We took both and really enjoyed the club class dining for lunch and dinner. Some of the specialty pasta dishes were outstanding. We never had to wait to be seated and enjoyed the same wait staff who knew our special requests. Highly recommend club class dining and staff.

Although we were not in club class mini.. but a suite.....the extra price for the upsell was worth it to us and would definitely consider a club class Mini in the future.
South Carolina
30,171 Posts
Joined Dec 2001
The location of the Mini-Suites we have always booked were always more expensive so now having Club Class Dining with them is a perk for us.
We LOVED CC Dining! So nice to be able to walk in whenever we wish and to be seated immediately.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Happy Sailing! OCruisers (LuLu & Roundman)
80+ Cruises .... Princess, Celebrity, RCCL, HAL, Carnival, NCL, Costa, etc. (Still miss Sitmar)
Michigan
169 Posts
Joined Jan 2015
I have had Club Class twice. First time was good. The second was a bad experience. We had about the worst service we ever had. Based on my experience, it is not worth the extra cost. You can dine in specialty dining for less.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

2005 Caribbean, Caribbean Princess 2006 Caribbean, Coral Princess 2007 Hawaii, Island Princess 2007 Panama Canal, Crown Princess 2009 Caribbean, Oosterdam 2009 Mexico Riviera, Ryndam 2010 Alaska, Emerald Princess 2011 Caribbean, Emerald Princess 2012 Caribbean, Caribbean Princess 2012 Bermuda (Boston) Hurricane Sandy, Caribbean Princess 2012 Caribbean, Noordam 2013 Caribbean, Ruby Princess 2013 Greek Ilse, Ruby Princess 2014 Caribbean, Ruby Princess 2014 Caribbean, Royal Princess 2014 Caribbean, Emerald Princess 2014 Trans Atlantic, Golden Princess 2015 South America Cape Horn, Royal Princess 2015 Caribbean, Emerald Princess 2015 Mediterranean & Trans-Atlantic, Caribbean Princess 2016 British Isles Passage and British Isles, Pacific Princess 2016 Mediterranean, Grand Princess 2017 Mexican Riviera, Coral Princess 2017 Panama Canal, Regal Princess 2018 Caribbean
12,613 Posts
Joined Apr 2013
I just priced it on a hypothetical cruise....the price increase to go from a mini to a CC mini was $36 per person per day. I have no idea how to factor in the location of the cabins--the value of that is truly in the eye of the user.

We got club class dining as we were in a suite. The food is the same as MDR food with the exception of the specialty item. If I has a choice between specialty dining every night and CC dining, the food quality is better in specialty dining. Personal opinion, I'd happily take it with the suite. I'd pay for an upsell to a suite or a CC mini if the price was right. I probably wouldn't pay full price to go from a mini to a CC mini--I'd use the money for more specialty dining.
San Diego County
2,597 Posts
Joined Sep 2009
Originally posted by 558
Celebrity????
Blame it on a Senior Moment!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Cruising since 1977.
Raleigh, N.C.
13,149 Posts
Joined Jul 2002
We enjoyed Club Class dining at lunch and dinner on the Royal when we took an upsell to a suite. The best thing about it was that we were able to schedule our dining time around what other events we wanted to do each evening. We usually have second seating traditional dining and miss some activities because the timing isn't conducive.

As to whether it's worth the extra cost, I don't think so. Taking the upsell to a suite was probably a once-in-a-lifetime treat for us (and it was a birthday cruise for me). For the cruise next December doing a similar itinerary to the one we took last December, the difference in price between the bottom category of mini and Club Class is $42 per day per passenger.
760 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Agree with geoherb, it takes the stress out of trying to plan dinner around your activities, especially on port intensive cruises and days with excursions that are lengthy. And to us, best of both anytime and fixed dining as had same waiters for all meals. As far as the price, worth it to us, and if you are lucky like we were on upcoming 12 day Mediterranean cruise, got it on sale for same price as regular mini-suite.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Crown Princess 5/18 (MED) , Oceania Insignia 12/17 (CRB), Ruby Princess 4/17 (Pacific Wine Country), Viking Tialfi 8/16 (Rhine), Grand Princess 2/15 (Hawaii), Caribbean Princess 11/14 (W. CRB), Viking Freya 12/13 (Heart of Germany), Sapphire Princess 4/13 (Coastal), Ruby Princess 12/12 (CRB), Viking Pride (Paris/Normandy) 10/12, Star Princess 12/11 (S. America), Caribbean Princess 5/11 (CRB), Sapphire Princess 2/11 (MEX), Emerald Princess 12/10 (CRB), Viking Sky 11/10 (Danube), Golden Princes 5/10 (Coastal), Vision of the Seas 2/09 (CRB), Crown Princess 12/08 (CRB) ,Crown Princess 8/08 (Scandinavia and Russia), Golden Princess 3/08 (MEX), Island Princess 12/07 (PAN CANAL), Emerald Princess 5/07(MED) , Grand Princess 2/07 (W. CRB), Viking Surkov 8/06 (RUSSIA), Sapphire Princess 3/06 (MEX), Golden Princess 12/05 (S. CRB), Viking Century Star 5/05 (CHINA), Sea Voyager 12/04 (PAN CANAL), Splendour of the Seas 10/04 (MED), Golden Princess 3/04 (E. CRB), Polaris 5/03 (GALAPAGOS), Sovereign of the Seas 3/03 (BAHAMAS), Norwegian Sun 12/02 (W. CRB), Legend of the Seas 5/02 (ALASKA), Norway 12/01 (E. CRB), Miriam 5/01 (EGYPT), Sunbird 3/00 (S. CRB), Song of America 3/98(MEX)
Eastvale, CA
40 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
We had Club Class in December and loved it! We have an upcoming Baltic Cruise coming and will have Club Class. The price difference when we booked was $22 a day, so it was worth it to us. The first cruise was $28 a day.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
16 Princess Cruises -- 12 Carnival Cruises -- 7 Royal Caribbean Cruises --
5 Norwegian Cruises -- 1 Premier Cruise

Oakland, CA USA
2,102 Posts
Joined Jan 2013
We enjoyed Club Class because we were in a suite. And we will return to a suite on the Royal in a few weeks. We found the set-aside dining area for club class to be very nice in that we got to know the servers and they took good care of us. We also got to know some of our fellow diners who were around us at lunch and dinner. We liked the extra dinner choices. We liked breakfast in Sabatini's, when we got up in time. Club Class elevated a mass market cruise line to a somewhat higher level experience. Looking forward to Club Class in April on the Royal.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cunard: 109 Days
Seabourn: 68 Days
Azamara: 64 Days
HAL: 41 Days
Crystal: 38 Days
Princess: 28 Days
Oceania: 14 Days
Celebrity: 14 Days
RCL: 7 Days
Commodore: 7 Days
Carnival: 3 Days
Goodtime II: 1 Day
Bay area, California
143 Posts
Joined Sep 2008
We had Club Class dining a few months back on CB and loved it. Did have a 10 minute wait to be seated one evening (not a big deal). Service was great. We asked to have a fixed service team and were accommodated, this request certainly contributed to our brief wait.

Just off Coral where we had a non-club mini and lamented the expected loss in service. Didn't happen though - our late fixed dining team was as good as any we've ever had - certainly as good as our recent CC experience.

This takes the decision down to price. Looking at new bookings I see minor differences in cost (a few $10's pp/pd), I'd pay that. However, I also see differences of $50+ pp/pd, and that is completely unreasonable IMHO. To each their own, but I personally wouldn't advise overpaying for CC.

Jon