Picture-A-Week-2016 - Week 17

pierces

Pics from around the office.

Was taking a photo of a turtle when someone tossed some bread crumbs into the water and suddenly the turtle and a fish raced for the crumbs. Fish won.

25946260154_f0f60ef360_z.jpg

destiny-7 by ikirumata, on Flickr

Red Tailed Hawk stomping around the ground stopped to ask what I was lookin' at!

26485163251_a42c546ca1_z.jpg

destiny-9 by ikirumata, on Flickr

Squirrel lookout

26458885142_b9ae4ea58a_z.jpg

destiny-3 by ikirumata, on Flickr

Edited by ikirumata

I have been using smugmug as my image hosting source, and all I can get it to do by following the instructions under how to post pictures is to get a link to post -- not the actual in-line picture. if anyone has any advice how to actually post the picture, I'd be grateful.

So here's mine for this week, but it's only a link to the picture. Pink dogwood in my yard. Travel is next week.

https://travelswithelizabeth.smugmug.com/PhotoClass/16-Golden-Hour/i-rDdBfpR/0/X3/Elizabeth-16-Golden%20Hour-00342-X3.jpg

I have been using smugmug as my image hosting source, and all I can get it to do by following the instructions under how to post pictures is to get a link to post -- not the actual in-line picture. if anyone has any advice how to actually post the picture, I'd be grateful.

So here's mine for this week, but it's only a link to the picture. Pink dogwood in my yard. Travel is next week.

https://travelswithelizabeth.smugmug.com/PhotoClass/16-Golden-Hour/i-rDdBfpR/0/X3/Elizabeth-16-Golden%20Hour-00342-X3.jpg

You need to use the Insert Image Icon (p590232676.jpg) to put the Elizabeth-16-Golden%20Hour-00342-X3.jpg[/noparse]

Elizabeth-16-Golden%20Hour-00342-X3.jpg

Dave

Edited by pierces

With the nice weather, we have been taking walks in the late morning. We have seen tons of cool wildlife on our walk, so we started bringing our cameras.

Red Tailed Hawk, apparently not too happy we were taking its photo.

26535244151_ec2914d579_c.jpg

Screaming Hawk by ikirumata, on Flickr

And the turtles are always up for a photo op...

26551236705_f73b9591b4_c.jpg

destiny-2 by ikirumata, on Flickr

With the nice weather, we have been taking walks in the late morning. We have seen tons of cool wildlife on our walk, so we started bringing our cameras.

Red Tailed Hawk, apparently not too happy we were taking its photo.

26535244151_b490d9a7ee_c.jpg

Screaming Hawk by ikirumata, on Flickr

And the turtles are always up for a photo op...

26551236705_f73b9591b4_c.jpg

destiny-2 by ikirumata, on Flickr

fixed a link :(

I usually try to avoid repeating a subject too soon but Matthew hugging his baby sister's bump is a Picture of the Week if I ever saw one. Love is a beautiful thing.

Brotherly Love

p1933675339-5.jpg

BTW, not a studio shot. This was shot when seen at my daughter's baby shower and the light was a mix of natural and bounce from the external unit.

Dave

Edited by pierces

Some more weekend play with the big Tamron 150-600mm mounted on my little A6300, around the wetlands:

Young grackle:

original.jpg

Halloween pennant dragonfly:

original.jpg

And a few more with the FE70-200mm F4 lens:

Wood stork coming in low and fast:

original.jpg

Momma grey-headed swamphen feeding her baby:

original.jpg

How about some crazy crazy high ISO shooting?! This basilisk lizard was deep in the shadows and leaves, and running around - I needed a fast shutter speed since he kept moving, but was in very dark conditions - so I decided to test out the new cam's ability to shoot at really high ISO levels - this is at ISO25,600, shot JPG right from the camera:

original.jpg

Edited by zackiedawg