Power in San Juan

From RCL this morning...

Weather & Itinerary Update

September 21, 2017 @ 2 PM EDT (next update tomorrow @ 2 PM EDT)

Adventure of the Seas:

9/30 – St. Maarten to St. Kitts

10/7 – St. Maarten to St. Croix

10/14 – St. Thomas to St. Croix

I'm a little surprised by this, because I thought St. Croix also got battered pretty hard by Maria.

Your ship sails from Puerto Rico in November. Royal Caribbean is planning to resume cruises out of Puerto Rico on Wednesday.

Grenada was not affected by Maria other than some rain and 10-15 MPH winds.

You can be pretty sure your cruise will leave on time and go to Grenada. Nothing to worry about.

This! And the other post with itinerary changes: 9/24 Enchantment, no stop in SJ.

So RC expects people to fly to PR, many doing so at least one day prior, to leave for cruise but there's probably no hotel to stay at and ships won't stop for the day either. Hmmmm....

I can see both sides. Total devastation, homes and personal items lost. But to expect an update w/i a 48 hr window of embarking is pushing it. Unneeded people wandering thru the streets is kinda pushing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Royal Caribbean is not expecting people to do anything. They have offered passengers scheduled for the upcoming AOS sailing the option to cancel and receive 100% of their fare refunded as a future cruise credit.

Actually your incorrect. They may stop in P.R. to disembark passengers if the passengers so choose (I am guessing for local P.R. residents who are on the current cruise). Otherwise passengers can remain on-board as the ship heads to Miami.

Your ship sails from Puerto Rico in November. Royal Caribbean is planning to resume cruises out of Puerto Rico on Wednesday.

Grenada was not affected by Maria other than some rain and 10-15 MPH winds.

You can be pretty sure your cruise will leave on time and go to Grenada. Nothing to worry about.