Wine and liquor

Rdclfamily

Wondering how generous the wine pours are on Royal Caribbean? Trying to figure out if it is any cheaper to buy a bottle of wine. The cheapest bottle of pinot noir is $56 (pre-paid before cruise).

Also, they are offering a 375 ml bottle of vodka and 4 sprites for $44. Is that cheaper than if I was to just buy drinks?

Wondering how generous the wine pours are on Royal Caribbean? Trying to figure out if it is any cheaper to buy a bottle of wine. The cheapest bottle of pinot noir is $56 (pre-paid before cruise).

Also, they are offering a 375 ml bottle of vodka and 4 sprites for $44. Is that cheaper than if I was to just buy drinks?

Glasses of wine are 8 oz pours.

Vodka is typically $12 a drink.

Unless you highly value being able to have a drink in your cabin when you want, the offer is not very good, IMO. YMMV.

I never measured, and I don't pretend to have a good eye for such things, but I am pretty darn sure that they don't typically pour 8 ounce glasses of wine.

Agreed.

Unless you highly value being able to have a drink in your cabin when you want, the offer is not very good, IMO. YMMV.

A shot of vodka in the us is about 44ml. That gives just over 8 shots in the bottle. A drink should be half the can of sprite (no matter how much my brother thinks A drink is a can of soda with scads of booze) so those 4 cans yield 8 drinks.

8 drinks for $44? I don’t think that’s bad.

I’m a person who monitors what I drink; both for weight purposes and for family history purposes. So having a proper drink is important to me. Overpours don’t impress me. So for someone like me, it’s a decent deal.

Agreed.

A shot of vodka in the us is about 44ml. That gives just over 8 shots in the bottle. A drink should be half the can of sprite (no matter how much my brother thinks A drink is a can of soda with scads of booze) so those 4 cans yield 8 drinks.

I’m a person who monitors what I drink; both for weight purposes and for family history purposes. So having a proper drink is important to me. Overpours don’t impress me. So for someone like me, it’s a decent deal.

My wife monitors drinks ( not so much on vacation) and there is a new Weight watcher wine Cense with a lot less calories white wine bought 2 bottles last week nice taste about 12 / 13 dollars in our local supermarket

Agreed.

I was thinking about mixing the vodka with some water and lemons or water and lemonade, to be honest. Figured I would give the sprite to the kids.