Prohibition Party Pictures

February 16, 2012

I will have to say that the Prohibition Party was one of the highlights to our Allure Cruise!

PRE PARTY:

Brian and I being silly

P1080207.jpg

some of the "crew" waiting to give the password! Fun to see so many people dressed... it added to the atmosphere

P1080219.jpg

THE BAR:

they were also passing out drinks

P1080246.jpg

Its getting started

P1080247.jpg

Jumping Joe! or Rubber Man as his fellow employees call him - he was IN CHARACTER and awesome - added so much fun!

P1080232.jpg

The Band

P1080282.jpg

Brian was talking to Belle - and she said that they could not use the smoke machines to the full extent due to the fact that the singer had pneumonia. But she was still good

OK - will post just a few more to show the atmosphere..... so more to come

here are a few more of the crowd of fun.. dancing, chatting, etc

P1080267.jpg

P1080268.jpg

P1080248.jpg

P1080229.jpg

P1080227.jpg

do you see the "time traveler" amongst us? hehe

P1080224.jpg

hope you enjoyed the pictures - wish we would have taken more - but we were busy chatting, visiting, dancing, and having fun!

Love the picture and we plan on doing this in Dec. I am impressed with how many dressed the part. I quess I need to do some shopping.

It does add to the atmosphere to get dressed up and into the party! I just went on Amazon and found some cheaper costumes for us... there were some there that went all out!!

just have fun with it!

Thank you for the photos! We are going on our eastern sailing departing March 18. The party is on the 5th night, smart casual night. I was wondering about wearing the costume to dinner since we have late seating for dinner and that leaves little time to change between dinner and the party. Plus we thought it would be something fun for dinner too.

Brokenglas: At first I thought you were wearing a D+ lapel pin in the picture, then I noticed a lot of people wearing lapel pins.......Do they give you a pin to get in or are these D+ pins the people are wearing in the photos?

Does RCI supply any items for the party such as hats, head bands or boas?

Looks like a good party!

Our dining showed up yesterday but no party :mad: Did it show up later for booking or am I looking in the wrong spot to reserve? We were so looking forward to it and I already bought a dress.

BTW THANKS for the photos!

BonVoyage

Dawna

it showed up later.. keep looking - ours was in the specialty dining area

Brokenglas: At first I thought you were wearing a D+ lapel pin in the picture, then I noticed a lot of people wearing lapel pins.......Do they give you a pin to get in or are these D+ pins the people are wearing in the photos?

Does RCI supply any items for the party such as hats, head bands or boas?

Looks like a good party!

They gave everyone that attended a pin, delivered to your cabin the day before...

The only accessory items supplied were when they had photo ops... most people wore their own. Some were very simple (like mine and DH's) and some were much more elaborate!

They gave everyone that attended a pin, delivered to your cabin the day before...

The only accessory items supplied were when they had photo ops... most people wore their own. Some were very simple (like mine and DH's) and some were much more elaborate!

Thanks

The party is only open to the first 50 people. The cruise director on morning announcment made a comment about "I should not say this but if you call this extension there will be something exciting on the other end" They totally get into character. You call the number and someone tells you that a package will be delivered to your room. Then later an officer shows up with the invite and lapel pin. Later you will get another call with a new password. Then you go to the meeting place wearing your pin and they take you in the back way to the club "speakeasy" remember it is illegal to drink staying in character the entire time. They "the officers will even ask other people that might be milling around the meeting area to leave and being very hush hush about it. People that did not have invites were getting a little jealous. Once inside you get your drink in "tea cups" "gin drinks".

The entire time everyone is in character and I will not say anything else about the party but it does end by the way it used to end back in the 20's if you know what I mean "law enforcement".

The party is only open to the first 50 people. The cruise director on morning announcment made a comment about "I should not say this but if you call this extension there will be something exciting on the other end" They totally get into character. You call the number and someone tells you that a package will be delivered to your room. Then later an officer shows up with the invite and lapel pin. Later you will get another call with a new password. Then you go to the meeting place wearing your pin and they take you in the back way to the club "speakeasy" remember it is illegal to drink staying in character the entire time. They "the officers will even ask other people that might be milling around the meeting area to leave and being very hush hush about it. People that did not have invites were getting a little jealous. Once inside you get your drink in "tea cups" "gin drinks".

The entire time everyone is in character and I will not say anything else about the party but it does end by the way it used to end back in the 20's if you know what I mean "law enforcement".

I think the parties must end differently to keep everyone on their toes - because ours did not end that way ;)

Archived