knee pads

I'm going over what to take on my upcoming cruise and spotted my knee pads. The only weigh a couple of ounces. I've been using them more this year and have found them wonderful if I need to get low to get an image. I normally attach them to my backpack or camera bag and only put them on if I need them.

framer

When I was younger I tried using them. I have had knee issues since I was a teenager but I found anything wrapping around my knees bothered me more than kneeling on them....now I worry more about being able to get up from there....

When I was younger I tried using them. I have had knee issues since I was a teenager but I found anything wrapping around my knees bothered me more than kneeling on them....now I worry more about being able to get up from there....

George Burns once said, "You know you're getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you're down there."

I used to laugh at this, thinking it was a joke. These days, it takes me longer to "hop up" and I see that it's actually more of a warning. :D

It is not a joke...I used to laugh to myself at the old guys who wore sneakers with velcro... now I find myself wondering if I should go that route...but I won't. I just can't be that old guy so I will just look for me things to do while I am down there..

It is not a joke...I used to laugh to myself at the old guys who wore sneakers with velcro... now I find myself wondering if I should go that route...but I won't. I just can't be that old guy so I will just look for me things to do while I am down there..

I live in flip-flops now. :D

I only put the pads on when I need them, then take them off. I don't wear them. If you need to get low to take a picture they sure make it easier. :cool:

framer

If you are going to carry them on your backpack, you might also think about a small gardening pad. With this, you do not have to put them on and off.

Your suggestion is actually a very good one as many photos look much better if shot from a lower angle as opposed to shooting down from a standing position.

DON

The knee pads use Velcro straps that can be stuck to Velcro on my backpack.

I did a lot of sports shooting over the years and got use to using them in that environment.

framer