Help with the Dawn cabin selection

Lovey26

Hi! I was on the Dawn but it was many years ago. I have done searches and can't seem to find what I am looking for. We have friends who won a cruise through their company for their sales and it's a balcony cabin. I have no idea what category they are going to be provided, but can someone tell me if there are any "hidden" cabins with larger balconies? I know when we sailed on another cruise line, we were able to get a cabin with double the size of the balcony in the same category where other balconies were the typical size. Any suggestions of where I can find this information or if anyone can suggest a category or cabin numbers for our friends, I would greatly appreciate it! Also, any other suggestions for the Dawn would be welcome as well!

Thanks in advance!

Hi! I was on the Dawn but it was many years ago. I have done searches and can't seem to find what I am looking for. We have friends who won a cruise through their company for their sales and it's a balcony cabin. I have no idea what category they are going to be provided, but can someone tell me if there are any "hidden" cabins with larger balconies? I know when we sailed on another cruise line, we were able to get a cabin with double the size of the balcony in the same category where other balconies were the typical size. Any suggestions of where I can find this information or if anyone can suggest a category or cabin numbers for our friends, I would greatly appreciate it! Also, any other suggestions for the Dawn would be welcome as well!

Thanks in advance!

Look at the Deck Plans for cabin and balcony layout.

I'm pretty sure that no cabins are "hidden" from these displays.

However, some may be unavailable during the booking process because they are already reserved.

Tell them not to book 10538 LOL - a couple of years ago I woke up early & went out on the balcony to watch the sunrise...and the sliding glass door stuck & I couldn't get back in :eek:! I'm a solo cruiser - so it wasn't as if I could knock & someone would open the door...I had to wait until one of my neighbors came out on their balcony to alert someone! The cabin steward couldn't do it because I had double locked the outside door :o...so they sent security to let me back in :p:o....thank God I had a tee shirt on! They later sent a bottle of wine as a "so sorry"!

Edited by cv322

Also, don't forget to check what we'd think is especially important: What is above and below, and to each side directly, in terms of potential noise problems.

On my very first cruise, when my parents made all the selections for themselves, my children, and me... we were all right under the nightclub.

(Or maybe they didn't select these, and they were what was assigned by the cruise line. It doesn't matter why. These were dreadful cabins in terms of good sleeping.)

The next year, *I* chose all of the cabins ;)

What I meant by "hidden" cabins I guess, is really more "secret" cabins. Cabins that you are told the balcony is the same size but it isn't. It is much larger because of the angle of the ship at that point. Like I said, when we sailed on another line, we paid the same as others in our category, but our balcony was double the size because the location of the cabin. It was not mentioned anywhere by the cruise line, but I found out about it on this group, but can't seem to find anything similar for the Dawn. Thanks!

Deck 11 has 4 BA balcony cabins. The rest of the cabins are minisuite or above. These 4 cabins have the larger balcony and the over hang from above that blocks rain. I booked 1 for my cruise on the dawn in October 2018. 14 night Boston round trip to Caribbean.

Deck 11 has 4 BA balcony cabins. The rest of the cabins are minisuite or above. These 4 cabins have the larger balcony and the over hang from above that blocks rain. I booked 1 for my cruise on the dawn in October 2018. 14 night Boston round trip to Caribbean.

Cabins 1112,1118,11612 and 11618.

Those cabins are under the transition from the pool deck to the buffet, so totally up to personal preference in terms of booking them. Hopefully, the specific areas above are not noisy.

OP: I know what you are asking about -- on ships built with humps, for example (like Celebrity's S-class ships), the angles of the humps create larger balconies for some cabins that are the same price as others in their category. On NCL's older ships, like the Dawn and the Jewel class ships, as you can see from the deck plans (or from Googling some images), there are no "humps," just straight lines; thus, the cabins in each class on the same deck have the same size balconies (unless I've really been missing something for a long time :) ).

• 7 months later...
Stay Off Deck 8 AFT.

:eek: Cabin's 8676 and 8176 are over the night club and thump till the wee hours. :eek:

I am interested in the ocean view cabins (category OA) on deck 8 that are located close to cabin # 8676 and 8176. The cabin numbers are, 8160 8166 8662 8666 8668. Will these five cabins have the same noise issues?

Otherwise, there are three category OA cabins available at the very front of the ship. The cabin numbers are 8000, 8002 8500. The Stardust theater is located under these three cabins. How do these three forward cabins located above the Stardust theater compare to the five aft cabins located above the Spinnaker lounge? Thanks so much.

I am interested in the ocean view cabins (category OA) on deck 8 that are located close to cabin # 8676 and 8176. The cabin numbers are, 8160 8166 8662 8666 8668. Will these five cabins have the same noise issues?

Otherwise, there are three category OA cabins available at the very front of the ship. The cabin numbers are 8000, 8002 8500. The Stardust theater is located under these three cabins. How do these three forward cabins located above the Stardust theater compare to the five aft cabins located above the Spinnaker lounge? Thanks so much.

I have stayed in 8666 with No noise problem at all.

8000 ,8002 and 8500 Will have a lot more bounce and slap than aft.

Aft. has more shimmy.

On a side note, We spotted the largest pod of Dolphin's ever following the ship from window of 8666

deck 10 aft on the dawn are quite large

10730 & 10230, deck 10, center aft, have much deeper balconies. The cabins under those on decks 9 & 8 have slightly deeper balconies (maybe an extra foot). The deck 8 cabins are right over Bliss Lounge. Noise is a big issue. The other secret about these aft cabins & suites is that the bakery vents are right below. You get the wonderful smell of fresh baked bread & pastries while lounging on your balcony. It's a nice treat. We just came back today after spending the past week in a deck 9 aft penthouse on the Dawn.

• 1 month later...
Booked 8166 Ocean View OA again for this fall (Bos-San Juan) after New Orleans Repo last fall.

No noise, bathroom, or any other kind of issues.

Leithbones

It appears from your response that you could not hear noise from the lounge at all, is that correct?

It appears from your response that you could not hear noise from the lounge at all, is that correct?

Yes. Noise was absolutely a non-issue last year for us. YMMV.

Repo cruise, demographic skews older people like us (50s), so music selection & hard late night partying in Bliss may not be quite as intrusive as other itineraries.

I read about a noise problem in another thread for aft balconies on Deck 8 Dawn, which were right around the corner from us. Surprised to hear how different their decibel experience was from ours.

10730 & 10230, deck 10, center aft, have much deeper balconies. The cabins under those on decks 9 & 8 have slightly deeper balconies (maybe an extra foot). The deck 8 cabins are right over Bliss Lounge. Noise is a big issue. The other secret about these aft cabins & suites is that the bakery vents are right below. You get the wonderful smell of fresh baked bread & pastries while lounging on your balcony. It's a nice treat. We just came back today after spending the past week in a deck 9 aft penthouse on the Dawn.

Great to hear- we have 10730!