Beach club guidance

brookie848

My husband and I will be in Barbados in November (we are on the NCL Dawn and a TUI ship will be in port with us).

We would like to go to a beach club. I have read reviews, looked at pictures and websites, but I'm hoping people can point me to the best spot for us. (I've looked at the Boatyard, Harbor Lights and the Tiki Bar.)

We are in port from 8-5. We will definitely head off the ship early and get to the beach club early.

We are most concerned about having shade available (I crisp). I would also like to have a bit of breathing room between chairs. Clean, convenient restrooms are also a must!

We do not snorkel or spend a ton of time in the water. We definitely wouldn't be against doing a turtle tour, but it isn't required.

We aren't big drinkers and we may or may not be there long enough to eat lunch. We really just want a place to enjoy the beach for a while.

For reference, we've been to Nachi Cocum in Cozumel twice and enjoyed it both times. We've also done White Bay (Soggy Dollar Bar) in Jost Van Dyke.

So...what place do you think fits us best? Thanks!

Any of the Carlisle Bay beach clubs will work for you - Boatyard, Harbor Lights, Lobster Alive. Taxi fare from the port should be about $5 each. If you get there early you can choose a chair on the front row and not need to worry about others crowding around you.

• 1 month later...

Don't go to the Boatyard, just to the left of it, facing the water, is a beautiful beach that stretches for miles. I think it's called Brownes beach, has a place called Lobsters Alive. Further down it has a really cool beach bar/shack, Doris Beach Bar. This place is run by a 90 yr old lady, ask what time lunch is the answer will be "when I feel like makin it", what's on the menu "what I feel like cookin" Fabulous experience. It isn't crowded at all, and not at all pushy. You can get a chair pretty cheap, and it's not all touristy like Boatyard is.

So let's just say we want to wander the beach and choose where to land for a drink or 2 and then move on. Would it be a good plan to taxi to Lobster Alive area and walk the beach back toward the ship making a few stops. If walking becomes a problem;p, hail a cab back to the ship. Sound doable? Might even take a sail out to see the turtles!!

You can walk the beach and maybe even go in for a drink, but to use the chairs, umbrellas and other facilities they all want to charge you a fee. Not sure about walking the beach back to the port - the road goes along the water but it is not beach for most of the way.

• 1 month later...

We ended up going to the Boatyard. We thought the experience was worth the money. We left the ship shortly after 9:00 and got a front-row pair of loungers.

We only got an order of French Fries -- we thought the food was pretty expensive, but that wasn't a big deal to us. It got more and more crowded as the day went on, but we enjoyed our time there.

We would go back if we return to Barbados. It wasn't our favorite beach, but it certainly fit the bill.

We went to boatyard and walked down the beach then on the road to cuz fish shack for sandwiches. Best fish sandwich I have ever had. I didn't want to eat at boatyard. We hired a boat to take us out to the turtles for 2 hours for 15 a person in November 2015. It was a lousy day with rain but my teenagers had a great day. We walked to the boatyard but took the cab back. Walk took us 30 minutes because we made a wrong turn.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app