Melia Day Pass

JRN77

Hi everyone! I'm going to Nassau in January and was wondering if the day pass to Melia is worth it. Is the food expensive? Is there a charge for the floating mats? Thank you! :)

Oh, and what is a legitimate site to book the day pass through? Thanks!

Hi there! I emailed Melia directly and they stated that passes can only be bought through them and not in advance, so I am not sure how legit the other "sites" are. We are going in January. Here is what i was sent, i hope this helps!

Thank you for contacting Melia Nassau Beach All-Inclusive.

Our day passes can be purchased once you arrive on property at the front desk registration area from 9am - 5pm daily. They are not all-inclusive and cannot be purchased in advance. The cost is $45.00 per adult (age 12+) and $25.00 per child (age 2-11).

Please be advised lounge chairs, pools, resorts day activities and use of towels are included in your day pass rate. Snorkel mask and other non-motorized water sports are also included but based on availability.

Presently, we are offering a promotion on day passes, where the adults will receive a free Starbucks beverage with each adult day pass purchase.

To get to our resort from the cruise port, we suggest taking bus #10 public bus as it is very convenient and a bus stop is located three (3) minutes away from the cruise dock and just at the foot of our resort for $1.25 per person/trip. They run every 15 mins and takes about 15-20 minute each way from 6am-6:45pm daily. Otherwise, taxis are always available from dock for approximately $20 double occupancy and $4 additional per adult.

In regards to food and beverage options, we have an a-la-carte ocean front grille as well as a full lunch buffet you can purchase on property.

Kindly note that day pass information is subject to change without notice.

Should you need more information, please reach out to us again.

We were there yesterday. The floating mats were free to use, as were the snorkel masks, kayaks, stand up paddleboards.

We got a few things at the beach restaurant. They had some salads, hamburger, pizza. The hamburger was around $14, pizza $12, kids chicken nuggets around $7.

I too emailed the resort and was told to buy the passes on site, but I further inquired about bookacaribbeantour.com and they told me it was legit so I did that. I shouldn't have worried, I didn't see a single day pass guest there yesterday besides my group (2 ships in port).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We usually eat a big breakfast on the ship, go to the Melia by taxi van (5$ pp), then have a late lunch on the ship.

Only food we buy is snacks.

Hi I will be sailing Nov 12th and am interested in taking the taxi or bus to Melia. Can you give me an idea of where you get the transportation? I have mobility issues and am not sure I can make it to where they pick up.

I am renting a scooter for on the ship but know that there won't be any kind of vehicle that would accomadate it. If there was I probably would go to Atlantis because I have never been there.

Anyway I am hoping that the transportation is not too far from where you get off the ship. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi I will be sailing Nov 12th and am interested in taking the taxi or bus to Melia. Can you give me an idea of where you get the transportation? I have mobility issues and am not sure I can make it to where they pick up.

I am renting a scooter for on the ship but know that there won't be any kind of vehicle that would accomadate it. If there was I probably would go to Atlantis because I have never been there.

Anyway I am hoping that the transportation is not too far from where you get off the ship. Any help is greatly appreciated.

The taxi area is a decent walk from ship but once you get to Nassau gate its 50 yards at most on the right

• 2 weeks later...

hunnshine, are you able to maneuver the scooter onto the $4 water taxi to Atlantis?

hunnshine, are you able to maneuver the scooter onto the $4 water taxi to Atlantis?

I probably could have but ended up booking the dolphin experience at Blue Lagoon. This is not the one where you swim with the dolphins but just go in the water for about 15 minutes and you can hug them etc. Then after you can go to the beach. I was thinking I would try making it with my cane off the ship and was told sometimes you can take a golf cart to where you take the ferry to Blue Lagoon. I hope so. I am trying not to stress over it and believing I will make it one way or the other.

Thanks for your response :)

I probably could have but ended up booking the dolphin experience at Blue Lagoon. This is not the one where you swim with the dolphins but just go in the water for about 15 minutes and you can hug them etc. Then after you can go to the beach. I was thinking I would try making it with my cane off the ship and was told sometimes you can take a golf cart to where you take the ferry to Blue Lagoon. I hope so. I am trying not to stress over it and believing I will make it one way or the other.

Thanks for your response :)

There are shuttles at the Nassau port that can also take you to the front of the port. Just FYI. Good luck no matter what you do!

There are shuttles at the Nassau port that can also take you to the front of the port. Just FYI. Good luck no matter what you do!

Wow this is such a relief! Thanks so much for posting! I have had a ton of spine surgeries with lots of nerve damage and rheumetiod. I can walk short distances but for the long haul I can't do it. It's all good and I appreciate you taking the time to post that!

I can't believe 1 week from right now I will be TRYING to sleep but will be too excited to fall asleep lol. I am SO ready for this and have not cruised in 5 years! First time NCL cruiser as well. :)

Wow this is such a relief! Thanks so much for posting! I have had a ton of spine surgeries with lots of nerve damage and rheumetiod. I can walk short distances but for the long haul I can't do it. It's all good and I appreciate you taking the time to post that!

I can't believe 1 week from right now I will be TRYING to sleep but will be too excited to fall asleep lol. I am SO ready for this and have not cruised in 5 years! First time NCL cruiser as well. :)

The shuttles look like golf cart trams and they do fill up quickly and don't hold that many people. Not sure what times they run. I have noticed them mostly on our return trips back to the ship. You will love NCL too. Happy cruising!

The shuttles look like golf cart trams and they do fill up quickly and don't hold that many people. Not sure what times they run. I have noticed them mostly on our return trips back to the ship. You will love NCL too. Happy cruising!

Thanks I will try and get in line early :)