Disney Magic Questions

SF

We have an upcoming cruise on the Disney Magic (4 night) and hopefully we can get the following questions answered so we can do some pre-booking.

1. What time does the fireworks start on Pirate Night? Is there a pre-show first and if so what time does that usually start also?

2. Is the menu the same in all the dining rooms on Pirate night? I think I read it's a special menu that evening, is this true? We are trying to decide when to go to Palo and from what I've read from some older threads people seem to like to book there on Pirate's Night...any options on that?

3. If we do book Palo's on Pirate Night would 7:30pm be a good time? We'd be finished about 9:30pm or should we change it to 7:00pm?

My husband prefers brunch as well over dinner. He is always so over-full from dinner.

Our Disney cruise later this month we are doing Palo first night 7:00 and sending our kids to dinner on their own. With timing we should be able to join them before they leave, and if lucky we get our favorite dining room server. They have a lot of cruising experience and are now at the age I know we can do that without worry (although they won't know we are going on a cruise until seeing the ship that day!)

We chose first night because we don't mind missing that show and it will be cold. Pirate night will be warm and we will want to be outdoors then. You can also google the pirate night menu to see if it appeals to you.

With our itinerary this time and not knowing MerryTime activities during the day, I'm afraid to block two hours for brunch. Sounds crazy but once onboard we may add it.

Enjoy your cruise!!!

We have an upcoming cruise on the Disney Magic (4 night) and hopefully we can get the following questions answered so we can do some pre-booking.

1. What time does the fireworks start on Pirate Night? Is there a pre-show first and if so what time does that usually start also?

2. Is the menu the same in all the dining rooms on Pirate night? I think I read it's a special menu that evening, is this true? We are trying to decide when to go to Palo and from what I've read from some older threads people seem to like to book there on Pirate's Night...any options on that?

3. If we do book Palo's on Pirate Night would 7:30pm be a good time? We'd be finished about 9:30pm or should we change it to 7:00pm?

1. Typically fireworks are after the second seating dinner is done (around 9:30ish). There is a show that goes before the actual fireworks.

2. Same menu in all dining rooms for Pirate night. There seem to be many people who don't like that menu and book Palo for that night. I like the old Pirate menu, but the newer one, I don't care for as much.

Just add, I also prefer brunch to dinner. But the new dinner menu at Palo I like better than the old one.

As Shmoo said, the fireworks are usually after second seating, however my second time on the Magic (Oct last year) they were held between seatings. The Personal Navigator had a very specific time of, I believe, 8:01pm. Our server's explanation was parents complained it was too late for kids to watch. Despite this, from what I can gather it's only the Magic class that sometimes has them earlier. They seem to always be after second seating on the Dream class.

I'm another that much prefers Palo Brunch rather than dinner.

As Shmoo said, the fireworks are usually after second seating, however my second time on the Magic (Oct last year) they were held between seatings. The Personal Navigator had a very specific time of, I believe, 8:01pm. Our server's explanation was parents complained it was too late for kids to watch. Despite this, from what I can gather it's only the Magic class that sometimes has them earlier. They seem to always be after second seating on the Dream class.

I'm another that much prefers Palo Brunch rather than dinner.

Yes, on some cruises (where it's dark enough between the dinner seatings) they have been doing the fireworks at that time.