First Time On Oasis, Best way to meet the ship?

tm3750

I always do that, what next?

Go to rccl.com and look for ships and read the information about her and view the deck plans to familiarize yourself where things are so navigation would be easier for you. I sailed on her one year ago this month.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are sailing the Oasis for the first time on December 10. 2017. Being it is a very large ship, what is the best way to get to know her before we sail. We normally are one of the first on the ship.

I would check Beyond Ships. Com. Go to Royal Caribbean list & click on Oasis

Last year I had the same question with the Allure. In addition to that, it was my first cruise ever. What really helped me was, as mentioned by others, looking at the deck plans. Also useful are the different experiences (i.e. Windjammer is too small for the size of the ship and too crowded most of the time) you can find on this board. Usually what applies to the Oasis also applies to the Allure and vice-versa. All this helped me feel just at home when boarding the ship. Hope it helps.

Reallyhooked hit the nail on the head. Beyond ships has a ton of info and pics. Skip Windjammer for lunch and head to Central park Cafe, If there is no seating in the cafe take your trays and food and sit across the way outside at Giovanni or Vintages, CPC is never as crowed as windjammer and has a great lunch.

Last year I had the same question with the Allure. In addition to that, it was my first cruise ever. What really helped me was, as mentioned by others, looking at the deck plans. Also useful are the different experiences (i.e. Windjammer is too small for the size of the ship and too crowded most of the time) you can find on this board. Usually what applies to the Oasis also applies to the Allure and vice-versa. All this helped me feel just at home when boarding the ship. Hope it helps.

I avoid the windjammer like the plague. Don’t care for the cattle lined up for feeding time. Sorry, just my take.

Thanks,

I heard the promenade cafe has those Roast beef sandwiches we like so much. Agree on avoiding the Windjammer.

Not Promenade Cafe!!

Park Cafe on Deck 8 for the roast beef sandwiches!!

Also go to You Tube.....they have a lot videos where they show you the whole ship!!

I avoid the windjammer like the plague. Don’t care for the cattle lined up for feeding time. Sorry, just my take.

It was our first cruise so we wanted to try it anyway to know first hand how bad it was. Because we boarded very early (before noon), we decided to go for it. We didn't find a line at the entrance and went straight ahead. Finding a table required some walking around, but we did find one. We could have lunch without any issues, but it simply felt too rushed for us... too many people walking around... too noisy... and the recording basically saying "hurry up and get out" doesn't help. We didn't go back for the entire cruise and will not go back for our upcoming one. A single time was more than enough for us.

It was our first cruise so we wanted to try it anyway to know first hand how bad it was. Because we boarded very early (before noon), we decided to go for it. We didn't find a line at the entrance and went straight ahead. Finding a table required some walking around, but we did find one. We could have lunch without any issues, but it simply felt too rushed for us... too many people walking around... too noisy... and the recording basically saying "hurry up and get out" doesn't help. We didn't go back for the entire cruise and will not go back for our upcoming one. A single time was more than enough for us.

I agree with your take on the Windjammer...but I have never been a fan of buffets. And on a ship this size it is quite challenging to say the least.

The announcement you heard about hurry up and leave is because boarding day is the worst!! In order to kill time before the rooms are ready at 1pm, people will camp out at a table and not leave. That makes it impossible for those coming in to find a seat.

Sadly it seems people have no common sense anymore!!

I agree with your take on the Windjammer...but I have never been a fan of buffets. And on a ship this size it is quite challenging to say the least.

The announcement you heard about hurry up and leave is because boarding day is the worst!! In order to kill time before the rooms are ready at 1pm, people will camp out at a table and not leave. That makes it impossible for those coming in to find a seat.

Sadly it seems people have no common sense anymore!!

Exactly! We saw some people that clearly had finished their meal, yet they were still there for a long time. If you ask me, that's a very lame way of starting your cruise. We had a lot to walk around the ship and we didn't like the Windjammer anyway, so after a quick pause after lunch, we went elsewhere.

We are sailing the Oasis for the first time on December 10. 2017. Being it is a very large ship, what is the best way to get to know her before we sail. We normally are one of the first on the ship.

YouTube, it helps to understand how things are connected if deck plans don’t. You can also find out tips and tricks for the ship you are going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can't believe nobody suggested YouTube yet. By the time I get on a ship, I feel like it's immediate family.

That's the first thing i thought of. I always go to youtube to check out ships, ports, etc. Lots of good info there.