Shorebee excursions

soggy1975

I'm considering booking an onshore excursion with shorebee.

The trip is Pompeii and Vesuvius from Naples.

Has anyone used this company recently?

I've read it's a middle man company and I've seen mixed reviews.

Also i guess if I pay on my credit card a refund should be easy enough to aquire.

My thinking is that if the trip gets cancelled or they let me down on the day we'll just make our own way to Pompeii and then chase a refund on our return.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

I was about to ask a similar question. I am looking for a cheap / affordable tour from Naples taking in Pompeii for my folks.

I found this company

https://italytours.eu/naples-tours-napplessorrentoamalfi/pompeii-sorrento-positano/

But struggling to find any others so keen to see if anyone else has any recommendations :)

I had never heard of this company before today. It appears they are an international shore excursion booking company. My advice is to book with a local company. You won't be sorry. Booking with a middle man is never to your advantage. There are many companies with stellar reputations. I use All Around Italy. http://www.allarounditaly.net

I had never heard of this company before today. It appears they are an international shore excursion booking company. My advice is to book with a local company. You won't be sorry. Booking with a middle man is never to your advantage. There are many companies with stellar reputations. I use All Around Italy. http://www.allarounditaly.net

I'd happily book directly with a local company but I can't find any online that offer what I want

There's lots of private driver options online but that works out way more expensive than the tour we've seen

Is there availability on the day with local companies advertising/hanging around the port ?

Once you get out of the secure area of the port you may find a few rogue drivers and taxis. Whether they have insurance or are reputable is a crap shoot. I am sure they will not give you a guarantee to get you to the next port if you miss the ship. Why not join your roll call and recruit other people to share a tour with a reputable company. They will customize any tour according to your wishes and it will be far cheaper than a ship tour. I would also never pay in advance for any tour. Most ask for payment at the end of the tour.

• 4 months later...

Do NOT recommend ShoreBee Tours! Keep looking! The pros include clear and expedited communication. That's about it.

Inna and husband Peter manage this tour company from somewhere in Europe (Belgium?) and actually coordinate with local companies at port cities. You have to pay ahead of time and show up with the voucher at the time and place instructed. What happens when you pay ahead of time seems to be that, from that point on, quality of service becomes a second priority. Our guide in Valetta Malta showed up on time with a comfortable bus. That's when the pros ended.

Our guide in Valetta, Anna, was visible ill, most of the time walked way ahead of the group, barely delivered 1-2 sentences at sites (more like slurred the few sentences), and was obviously in a hurry to get the tour done with. She made everybody feel like cattle of the worst kind. We had to remind her of the tour route, she got in an argument with the Wignacourt Museum staff; this was just a horrendous tour experience. I definitely strongly advised you DO NOT USE SHOREBEE TOURS.

The above post is yet another good reminder of why it is not a great idea to book tours through a middleman or tour broker -- if things go wrong, the accountability isn't always there.

For me, it's not even so much about whether I'll get a refund or partial refund for a bad tour. I'm more concerned that -- at least on a cruise -- you generally only have one day, and no "do over".

• 3 months later...
I'd happily book directly with a local company but I can't find any online that offer what I want

There's lots of private driver options online but that works out way more expensive than the tour we've seen

Is there availability on the day with local companies advertising/hanging around the port ?

Did you end up booking with Shorbee? I did book the Naples tour and it was because it took me to the 3 places I wanted to go. I can cancel up to 4 days before tour. This is making be nervous!

Did you end up booking with Shorbee? I did book the Naples tour and it was because it took me to the 3 places I wanted to go. I can cancel up to 4 days before tour. This is making be nervous!

Yes..we went with shorebee..the trip all went smoothly and we had a good time

• 1 year later...

We used them summer before last for a transfer from Zeebrugge to Bruges, Belgium. The experience was fine, but it was only a transfer. When I book tours, I always book local companies with smaller vans (8 people max).