The most buitifull,calm and clear water beach for swiming in St. Thomas sugestion

redmug

Hello everyone,

I need a suggestion on the most beautiful, calm and clear water beach in St Thomas US Virgin Islands, just for swimming. I am not interested in any kind of water sports or excursions.

I also would like to know the best and most economical way to get to the beach and back: by a taxi, bus, small boat or catamaran and how much would it cost.

Thanks

There are many beautiful beaches so best is subjective

Beach conditions change day to day and sometimes hour by hour so you can’t predict what the conditions will be at any time. It isn’t unusual to have rain on one beach but not on another

IMHO the best beaches are Smith Bay, Sapphire, and Magens. Others would have a different list

Taxi is the easy way to get to and from the beach. Figure around $10/person each way

I thought I would pass on a suggestion. From what I am reading online, I know that the island still needs to do considerable clean up. I am not sure when you are planning on going... but you might consider those water shoes or whatever they are called. They are trying to clean up the beaches, but there is likely considerable debris underwater that may take month if not years to surface or be smoothed down. Since the hospital was virtually destroyed, you would not want to have to go there for a cut foot. Having a small first aid kit with you might be a good idea as well. A friend who has a house on the island was happy to see that half of the homes still had roofs, but that means half do not and that debris went somewhere. If you are going soon, I am told that the salt water from the storm burned the shrubs turning areas brown.. but it is the tropics so I am sure that the vegetation will recover... but if you are going in November, it might not be as pretty as usual. The island had scheduled an clean up last weekend, so hopefully the beaches at Magens bay and other popular beaches have, at least the beach cleaned up... They still have issues with the roads... but I have read that they are trying to get the tourists spots ready. If you are going in November, you might report back on the beaches... I hope you find them as beautiful as they were.

Beach conditions change day to day and sometimes hour by hour so you can’t predict what the conditions will be at any time. It isn’t unusual to have rain on one beach but not on another

IMHO the best beaches are Smith Bay, Sapphire, and Magens. Others would have a different list

Taxi is the easy way to get to and from the beach. Figure around $10/person each way

What beach are you referring to in Smith Bay? Lindquist?

Did you find it easy to get a taxi to Smith Bay? Was it $10 each also? We have done Magens bay many times and want to try something different next time we go.

Hello everyone,

I need a suggestion on the most beautiful, calm and clear water beach in St Thomas US Virgin Islands, just for swimming. I am not interested in any kind of water sports or excursions.

I also would like to know the best and most economical way to get to the beach and back: by a taxi, bus, small boat or catamaran and how much would it cost.

Thanks

We enjoy Magen's bay in St. Thomas. One of the most beautiful beaches in the Caribbean. You can rent umbrellas and chairs. They have restrooms and food and drink available.

We take a cab back and forth to the beach. Perhaps a bus might take you their,not sure of alternatives, but when we are on vaca do not want to waste time traveling. Saving a couple of dollars, not worth our time lost at this beautiful beach..

Not sure how it is since the hurricanes- but we plan on going their in January.

Smith Bay Park is where Lindquist is located. It is also referred to as Secret Beach on some cruise ships. There are toilets and tables but no concessions. The beach has had no development so it is as it always was.

It is being developed bu the Magens Bay beach group as an alternative to Magens.

It is a beautiful unspoiled beach with plenty of shade.