Belize water taxi - Belize City to Caye Caulker

beshears

We will be in Belize next week. I understand, once we are off the tender, we can get a water taxi to Caye Caulker. If you have used a water taxi to Caye Caulker, or San Pedro, is there more than one water taxi service, or just one to use? What is the cost, if you know?

OK, I understand where your coming from.

This may sound a little confusing, so maybe you can help me. I live in KC, and we are on CST, but since we have DST, we move up one hour. So here in KC, normally it would be 9:00AM, but since we went to DST, it is 10:00 AM. So are you saying Belize is on our CST (9:00AM), but does not move up at hour like we did for DST?

Yes. No DST in Belize. Ship time will be based on which US port you sail out of when on Carnival. Example: If you sail out of NOLA, ship time will be CDT and Belize will be 1 hour behind ship time. If you sail out of Port Canaveral, ship time will be on EDT and Belize will be 2 hours earlier than ship time. Arrival from a NOLA or Galveston sailing to Belize at 8AM on itinerary, means local time is only 7AM . This becomes important when looking at schedules for return trip via water taxi versus the time the last tender departs for your ship (that time will be on ship time). Gets confusing, I know, but just print out the water taxi schedule and add 1 or 2 hours (depending of ship home port) to the scheduled departure and arrival times between Caye Caulker and Belize City. You're a short 5 minute walk back to the tender pier.

Crewsweeper, I appreciate you trying to help me understand (???) this time zone system, especially in Belize, since we deal with the tender here.

So for example, if it is 9:00AM on the ship, leaving Port Canaveral, in Belize it would be 11:00AM, if I'm correct???

Crewsweeper, I appreciate you trying to help me understand (???) this time zone system, especially in Belize, since we deal with the tender here.

So for example, if it is 9:00AM on the ship, leaving Port Canaveral, in Belize it would be 11:00AM, if I'm correct???

9 AM for ship out of Port Canaveral will be 7AM in Belize.

Think Denver time versus Florida time.

If schedules are the same, you should be able to catch an 8AM (Belize)/10AM(ship) to Caye Caulker. But you will need to catch the 12:30 (Belize)/2:30 (ship) back, if you wanted to walk around the port.

On the outside, the 1:30 (Belize)/ 3:30(ship) return would be running it close to grab a 4:30 (ship) last tender, but okay if last tender is at 5:30 (ship).

Crewsweeper, you did good.:) Now I understand where your coming from. I appreciate you giving me example of the times as well. I had originally "thought":confused: of doing the 3:30 Belize, but I see where your coming from, and we do not want to miss the ferry.