Butts Up vs Others and Which Activities

DeV45

From the reading/research that I've done, Butts Up is the way to go...they are cheaper than the others and don't make you carry your own tube.

The cons that I've read is that their equipment may be a little less up to date than the others, particularly the flashlights for the caves (As I understand it anyways).

Can anyone weigh in on this?

The other question that I have.....we originally planned on doing the zip and tubing....but now we are planning on doing zip-lining in Roatan the day before. Not sure if we want to zip two days in a row, so we are considering doing the ATV.

My questions are:

--What are the pros/cons to using Butts Up in your opinion? And all things considered, which company would you go with?

--Is zipping better in Roatan or Belize for any reason?

--How is the ATV excursion in Belize with butts up?

--What combination would you recommend and should we save time for anything else in Belize?

We did butts up cave tubing last time on Belize and had an AMAZING day! We are now trying to decide whether to do the ATV +cave tubing or even the ruins + zip lining with them for our cruise in March.

We did zip lining at South Shore Zip-Lining on Roatan and it was GREAT!! But I’ve heard the zip-lining on Belize is good also.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did butts up cave tubing last time on Belize and had an AMAZING day! We are now trying to decide whether to do the ATV +cave tubing or even the ruins + zip lining with them for our cruise in March.

We did zip lining at South Shore Zip-Lining on Roatan and it was GREAT!! But I’ve heard the zip-lining on Belize is good also.

Was the zip in Roatan just beachside from platform to platform or is it a journey?

The best zip I ever did internationally was in Jamaica....it was about a 30 min hike and we zipped through the jungle.....after getting hot and sweaty, we went to Dunn's Falls and cooled off in the waterfalls.

Any complaints with Butt's Up at all?

Was the zip in Roatan just beachside from platform to platform or is it a journey?

The best zip I ever did internationally was in Jamaica....it was about a 30 min hike and we zipped through the jungle.....after getting hot and sweaty, we went to Dunn's Falls and cooled off in the waterfalls.

Any complaints with Butt's Up at all?

No, zip on Roatan was in the trees/jungle and one of the lines starts at the highest point of the island, the views where amazing. We had a blast zipping independently AND in teams. If you have anyone in your group who isn’t too sure of it they will even team them up with a guide.

We actually went to Tabayana beach after for AMAZING snorkeling. We booked the beach with Carnival, and then south shores zip picked us up and returned us to the beach.

We personally had a GREAT day with butts up and have no complaints to offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back and did cave tubing and ziplining with cavetubing.bz We had an amazing time! Informative easy walk through jungle. They carried our tubes. Tubes were very nice with bottoms and headrests. Zip lining was awesome! 5 lines through the top of the rainforest and over a river. It was exhilarating and beautiful! Staff was great. Guide even went out and found a tarantula for us to see and hold if we wanted.

• 1 month later...
We have used Butts Up twice and it was great both times. We only did the cave tubing. We had no issues with the lights. The cave isn't totally dark. The lunch provided was also good.

Thank you....I went ahead and booked with them.....currently have the ATV and cave tubing....but after watching some youtube videos, I'm not so sure about the ATV....seems like a short ride for the money.....coming from someone who owns a motorcycle anyways....

Just got back and I highly recommend butts up. We just did the cave tubing. It was great.

We didn't care for the tamales for lunch. All you get for lunch is 2 tamales wrapped in aluminum foil. They didn't debone the chicken b4 wrapping the chicken in the corn masa. So we had chicken bones in our tamales. And the tamales are covered in a red sauce.

Drinks and chips are not included. So bring extra cash.

Tipping

You have the bus driver, bus tour guide, cave tube guide and nature walk guide. They ask for a tip. But a lot of the people on the bus didn't know you only have to tip once. Many people were trying to gather change for the cave tubing and nature walk guide because everyones belongings were back on the bus.

When we got back on the bus and started to pay, the tipping question came up and they told us you only have to tip once. The tips are pooled and divided.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

Just got back and I highly recommend butts up. We just did the cave tubing. It was great.

We didn't care for the tamales for lunch. All you get for lunch is 2 tamales wrapped in aluminum foil. They didn't debone the chicken b4 wrapping the chicken in the corn masa. So we had chicken bones in our tamales. And the tamales are covered in a red sauce.

Drinks and chips are not included. So bring extra cash.

Tipping

You have the bus driver, bus tour guide, cave tube guide and nature walk guide. They ask for a tip. But a lot of the people on the bus didn't know you only have to tip once. Many people were trying to gather change for the cave tubing and nature walk guide because everyones belongings were back on the bus.

When we got back on the bus and started to pay, the tipping question came up and they told us you only have to tip once. The tips are pooled and divided.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the info!

To clarify, you're saying only tip once to cover EVERYONE or only once for the bus rides?

I guess today's attitudes of tipping are now branching outside the US....a tip is for excellent service and should never be REQUIRED...if I had a great tour guide and a lousy bus tour guide, I would only want my tour guide to get a tip....sucks that they would get to split it based on one person's outstanding service.

We leave in 2 weeks....very excited

Did you do anything else in Belize besides the excursion?