Using internet while on board. School related!

Mr & Mrs Happy

Ah, another timely thread. Great information to know. Anyone have information regarding the Blackboard LMS?

As of a year ago, I could access Blackboard, but it would time out while trying about half the time. It may depend on whether your program uses a hosted or self-hosting solution.

You will NOT likely be able to access the Blackboard Connect electronic classroom, just the basic system.

As of a year ago, I could access Blackboard, but it would time out while trying about half the time. It may depend on whether your program uses a hosted or self-hosting solution.

You will NOT likely be able to access the Blackboard Connect electronic classroom, just the basic system.

Oh man. If the work is already done and I just connect to upload do you think that will make a difference?

Oh man. If the work is already done and I just connect to upload do you think that will make a difference?
Hard to say. You can seek a coffee shop with internet in port and likely have a better connection. Standard upload will probably work, as long as your instructor has not added many images to their pages

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Updating with my results (YMMV).

I was able to connect but it did seem to take longer than I expected, even knowing that it would be slow. Also, when I switched from my phone (from using the Hub app) to my computer (to do school), it had several hiccups stating I was still connected. (Which I recall reading on here somewhere that it happened to someone else, too).

I was able to do the minimum I needed to do, but I did not look for library articles, which I'd usually do. I'm home now and happy to have my broadband back. But yes, for what is required for weekly discussions for Walden University is fine, even using the middle-level plan.

• 3 months later...
Updating with my results (YMMV).

I was able to connect but it did seem to take longer than I expected, even knowing that it would be slow. Also, when I switched from my phone (from using the Hub app) to my computer (to do school), it had several hiccups stating I was still connected. (Which I recall reading on here somewhere that it happened to someone else, too).

I was able to do the minimum I needed to do, but I did not look for library articles, which I'd usually do. I'm home now and happy to have my broadband back. But yes, for what is required for weekly discussions for Walden University is fine, even using the middle-level plan.

Oh heck, I thought I had responded to this. If I recall, internet was hit or miss when attempting to log into class. Like you, I was able to do the minimum to meet the requirement. We plan on cruising in May 2019 and I will need to decide to just take a week off or attempt to do just the minimum again until I have a good connection to log into class.

I could do all my classes in advance but the problem is that we are required to have 8 substantive posts over 3 days. Also, just logging in doesn't register that we're actually in class. Those are my main concerns. So I will be taking a leave of absence for peace of mind. I'd only be missing a week anyway.

If you can complete the assignments in advance, it would’ve be a simple matter to scan them separately into your email and then simply submit one per day. You would be “showing up” on schedule and submitting your work from your email address - so the school would have no way of knowing where you were and when you did the work - and, since the material would be ready to send, your connection time would be negligible.