Montreal Airport to Fairmont Queen Elizabeth

In October, we will be arriving at Montreal airport on a Friday morning. We land around 7am. We are looking for the best, most economical way of getting to the Fairmont Queen Elizabeth. Would a cab be really expensive? I see there is a 747 Express Bus but is that like a shuttle in Vegas where it will take you forever and a day to get to your hotel?

Any insights from the locals is appreciated.

The airport is about 30 to 45 minutes from downtown. The taxi is a flat $40 plus tip (don't let the driver rip you off, it's $40 and there is a sticker on the window that show it, no extras.) The bus is $8 for a 24 hour pass or $16 for a 3 day pass. It takes about an hour and leaves you about half a block from your hotel.

The airport is about 30 to 45 minutes from downtown. The taxi is a flat $40 plus tip (don't let the driver rip you off, it's $40 and there is a sticker on the window that show it, no extras.) The bus is $8 for a 24 hour pass or $16 for a 3 day pass. It takes about an hour and leaves you about half a block from your hotel.

Thanks!

Hi Tweedy - are you by any chance on the October 7th Regatta sailing? We are and are also staying at the Fairmont QE so I was happy to see the reply to your question. Beachgirl

Hi Tweedy - are you by any chance on the October 7th Regatta sailing? We are and are also staying at the Fairmont QE so I was happy to see the reply to your question. Beachgirl

Hi there... we are on the Oct 6th sailing of the Emerald Princess out of Quebec City. We wanted a direct flight from Vancouver so I opted for us to stay in Montreal for a night before we take the train up to QC.

In October, we will be arriving at Montreal airport on a Friday morning. We land around 7am. We are looking for the best, most economical way of getting to the Fairmont Queen Elizabeth. Would a cab be really expensive? I see there is a 747 Express Bus but is that like a shuttle in Vegas where it will take you forever and a day to get to your hotel?

Any insights from the locals is appreciated.

Here is the link to the transportation info and rates: http://www.admtl.com/Passagers/AccesEtStationnement/TaxisLimousines.aspx

You will be going in the heart of downtown in rush hour!With the very small difference in rates, I would definitely go with the limo. There are always some available and they are right next to the taxis. It will be a much more comfortable long ride ( though the taxis have to be fairly recent if they want to be allowed to take apssengers from the airport).

Welcome , Bienvenue to Montreal !

Here is the link to the transportation info and rates: http://www.admtl.com/Passagers/AccesEtStationnement/TaxisLimousines.aspx

You will be going in the heart of downtown in rush hour!With the very small difference in rates, I would definitely go with the limo. There are always some available and they are right next to the taxis. It will be a much more comfortable long ride ( though the taxis have to be fairly recent if they want to be allowed to take apssengers from the airport).

Welcome , Bienvenue to Montreal !

That is a great source for information. There really isn't much of a price difference between the taxi and the limo. Definitely will be something to think about between now and then. As you say, the limo is much more comfortable for the long ride.

Merci!

That is a great source for information. There really isn't much of a price difference between the taxi and the limo. Definitely will be something to think about between now and then. As you say, the limo is much more comfortable for the long ride.

Merci!

Plaisir ! :) and if you like coffee, grab one before getting in the limo !

• 1 year later...

Archived