MIA to Biscayne Bay Hotel

Curly locks

Advice please. My husband and I will be flying into MIA from the UK and our flights have been changed so we are now not due to arrive until 22.05 on Sat 1 Apr 17. Our TA has booked us into the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay for the night as our cruise leaves the following day. At that time of night, and after a long day travelling, what would be the easiest way to get to our hotel - taxi or pre-booked car? If we pre-book a car, can anyone recommend a good company and what time should we ask to be picked up? Also, when we return to Miami after our cruise, we need to head straight from the port to the airport - again should it be taxi or pre-booked transport? Thanks for any help you can give.

There will be a line of taxis waiting outside of the MIA airport - fare to your hotel should be about $26-28+tip

Uber, suggested above, should be under $20 for the same trip.

Have a great cruise! :)

If this helps, you owe me a pint! Bitter, please. :)

Edited by JohninDC

O! And make sure you request a bay view room. This is the sunset from my balcony!

Must have been up early, that is sunrise. Facing east.

To the OP, just take taxi or request an Uber. Cab ride is about $30.00 Uber would be about $20.00. Cab ride you are expected to add tip, Uber no tip. Same exact thing goes for heading to the airport. No reason at all to pre-book any type of car. Miami Airport is 8 miles away from Downtown Miami/Port and your hotel.

Thank you for the replies - as always great answers and barzm, I just love the photo ... roll on April! Do you know how long it takes to get from the hotel to the port?

JohninDC I owe you a Bitter :) and I'll make it 2 if you or anyone else can advise the best way to get to the airport from the port at the end of our cruise. There will be 5 ships in port that morning and we need to get to the airport by midday! Also, it's Easter Sunday - will this make any difference?

Thank you everyone!

Thank you for the replies - as always great answers and barzm, I just love the photo ... roll on April! Do you know how long it takes to get from the hotel to the port?

JohninDC I owe you a Bitter :) and I'll make it 2 if you or anyone else can advise the best way to get to the airport from the port at the end of our cruise. There will be 5 ships in port that morning and we need to get to the airport by midday! Also, it's Easter Sunday - will this make any difference?

Thank you everyone!

It will likely take you longer to load your bags into the taxi than the trip from the hotel to POM :rolleyes: - should be under 10 min and cost about $10-12

From POM to MIA post cruise a taxi is a flat rate fare of $27+tip and the ride takes 15+ min depending upon traffic. If you are not in a hurry and can wait a few min for an Uber the ride will be under $30

I think Bodingtons is not as good as it used to be - your local bitter will be just fine! :D

I booked through a third party website/app. I watch them like crazy. Noticing price drop patterns, and book when I see it the lowest. Did the same for my post cruise hotel. Nailed a suite on the ocean for 200. Avg price 500.

As for uber from this hotel to port, I used uber carpool, $7.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app