"LIVE" from the Grandeur 2007 Bermuda

Hello everyone. . . It is once again, that I will be sailing the Beautiful Grandeur of the Seas ! Welcome !

"But Radio, haven't you sailed on Grandeur Before" Yes Yes. . . But the time has come for me to cruise again. I can't think of a better place to go, than to Bermuda. Actually, I will be sailing to Bermuda a few times this year.

My brother will be joining me on this cruise (This is the first time he has been on an RCI ship) Mrs Radio will be sailing with me again to Bermuda on the Grandeur in September, and I will be cruising on Explorer of the Seas for a 7 night Bermuda cruise in November.

Last year, when we went to Bermuda on Grandeur. . . We had alot of showers, and heavy winds. The Norwegian Crown, ran aground while navigating the entrance to Hamilton, Bermuda. This year, the weather should be much better.

The forecast is calling for sunny skies, and warm temps, for Tuesday and Wednesday. Today's forecast is calling for clear skies, hot (94f), while sailing down the Chesapeake Bay.

As always, I will be providing daily photos of the Grandeur, Public rooms, and beautiful Bermuda and daily commentary about the ship, and Bermuda highlights (pending, a valid wireless signal) .

I am glad you will be joining me this week, for this delightful cruise.

Thanks for tuning in ! !

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Radio, I always always enjoy your posts and thanks so much for doing them. I would love to do a cruise from Baltimore....so much closer for us to travel but I would love to go on a newer ship. Still, I am anxious to see pics of the Grandeur. I hope you have wonderful weather and calm seas. When do u leave??? Have a great time. I am trying to convince my husband to try Bermuda but he really has no desire. I have been once and thought it was a beautiful island.

Radio....I am cruising July 20th....and going to Bermuda on a sunday...I heard that all the stores are closed...soooo sad....but cant wait to see all your pics there bec. I have never been.......

Thanks

Thanks in advance for your live trip report! We were at the Inner Harbor this morning and got a glimpse of the Grandeur. Looking forward to taking over for you on Friday when you leave and we embark! Have a great trip!

Hello everyone ! We made it on board by around 1230PM. The process was very easy. There weren't many people in the terminal, and the agents told me that the busiest time at the Passenger Terminal is between 1 and 2 PM. We went directly to our cabin, and dropped of our carry ons.

I am shocked that I haven't heard much about the condition of Grandeur after the dry dock. Just after walking around I bit, I have noticed many changes. There were many changes at the pool area and Windjammer. I will go into more detail later. . . .

Our muster drill is at 430PM, and we are set to sail away at 5PM. We should be sailing under the Key Bridge shortly thereafter, and should reach the Chesapeake Bay Bridge by 7PM. I am told that it will take about 8 Hours to make down to Norfolk, where we should drop off the pilot at Cape Henry.

By brother has sailed on only 2 cruises so far...one on NCL, and Carnival. So far he is liking the Grandeur of the Seas very much. I am hoping for a delightful cruise. The weather should be fine, but I know that this cruise will be very nice for me . . .rain or shine ! !

My wireless internet connection (VZW) should work for me until Norfolk; and then I will switch to Wi Fi connection (Very fast). I Will not be using the Internet café this week, due to the connection speed. The Wi Fi packages are reasonable(.33/min), and there are many hot spots throughout the ship.

Here are a few pics of our arrival today. I will post some sail away pics on the next posting. . .hopefully this evening.

I have about 1 hour until the muster drill. . . Thanks for tuning in ! !

Radio

Grandeur of the Seas in Baltimore

e8addff6.jpg

Cruise Maryland

e8addffa.jpg

The Terminal was almost empty. . .

e8addff9.jpg

Sunny Day on Grandeur

e8addd10.jpg

Our Cabin on Deck 7

e8addcdf.jpg

we LOVE you Radio...keep the posts and pics coming...was on the Grandeur last Oct and sailing her again this October 19th!! I see you are in a D1 which is what we had last October...the new bedding looks wonderful! This next time we are in a JS and we are real excited about that...I heard the dent is gone :D

enjoy her

Hi Radio

We will be sailing this Friday, the l3th on the Grandeur so we are looking forward to your posts this week. Thanks so much for taking time from your vacation to do this for everyone.

Looking forward to seeing lots of pics of the ship!!

Have a wonderufl trip!!;)

Saw you sail under the Ches Bay Bridge. Very nice. We are on the 8/10/07 sailing. Could you ask what, if any upgrades, were done to the Royal Suite during drydock? Thanks and have a great time.

Mark

Rick, Radio must have been too anxious to get aboard, no stop to say hello. Hope all is well with you and Dierdra.

Hi Howard,

When one is checking in for a Baltimore cruise, can you just ask one of the folks which line is yours? As in, "which one is Howard's line?"

Theron

Radio,

Just booked on the explorer 8-12 to Bermuda. So here I am getting info on CC and realize we're neighbors!!! We just moved to PH last year....love it here...enjoy your trip...love your posts...keep us updated!!!

Radio-

So excited that you're cruising again! It makes my work day so much more enjoyable, being able to pop into all the ports via your posts! Have never been to Bermuda, so I'm excited to follow this journey!

Thanks for the efforts!

Tammy

Archived