Just booked! (EASTERN CARIBBEAN)

ShanZro

Hello everyone, it has been a LONG time since I last posted. Our last cruise was January 2013. We had a blast but we weren't in a position to go on another cruise. BUT, I just booked our next cruise today! I am so flipping excited. We will be on the Conquest in February 2018, Celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary. We will hit 20 years this November, but wanted to wait until the winter months to sail. The ports are, St Maarten, St Kitts, San Juan and Grand Turk. We haven't been to St Maarten ot St Kitts, so that is what I am most excited about.

If anyone has any tips about St Maarten or St Kitts please let me know.

I always find myself looking for the "like" button when I read posts like yours. We don't get to cruise often either and for me planning and looking forward to it is half the fun. We love St. Maarten. It's one of the locations where you can do a Sea Trek Helmet Dive. That's one of the coolest things we've ever done. Check it out under the shore excursions. Only been to St. Kitts once and did the railway tour. It was okay. Never been to Grand Turk but I would like to. Make sure you let John Heald know you're cruising to celebrate an anniversary or at least have your PVP note it on your reservation. John sent us chocolate covered strawberries and champagne for our 30th anniversary on our Baltic cruise. The wait staff will get notice that you are celebrating an anniversary too and do something special for you one night. I'm so excited for you. Enjoy looking forward to your cruise and planning all your shore excursions.

We took a taxi to the Carambola beach club in St. Kitts. It was very cheap to and from and didn't have to pay to roam the beach club and enjoy the beautiful beach.

In St. Maarten we did a Carnival excursion that was snorkeling and plane watching. We loved it! We boarded a smaller boat right next to the cruise line and they took us over to the airport. We got to snorkel and relax while the planes landed.

Edited by RTRMom

We took the same cruise last summer on the Valor. Its one of my favorite cruises! In St Kitts, we booked an private island tour with Tatem Taxi. I would highly recommend contacting him if that's something you'd be interested in.

We took the same cruise last summer on the Valor. Its one of my favorite cruises! In St Kitts, we booked an private island tour with Tatem Taxi. I would highly recommend contacting him if that's something you'd be interested in.

We did that 8 day on the Valor in June as well. It has been our favorite cruise by far. Loved every port!

We did the same exact cruise the last 2 years on the Conquest. Great ship and great islands. We have been to St Maarten so many times. We really enjoy the beaches and the Guava Berry coladas. The shopping on St Maarten is very good if you enjoy that kind of thing. St Kitts is very pretty the train ride lets you see the whole island.

. Make sure you let John Heald know you're cruising to celebrate an anniversary or at least have your PVP note it on your reservation. John sent us chocolate covered strawberries and champagne for our 30th anniversary on our Baltic cruise. The wait staff will get notice that you are celebrating an anniversary too and do something special for you one night. I'm so excited for you. Enjoy looking forward to your cruise and planning all your shore excursions.

When I booked today, I told them we were going to be celebrating our wedding anniversary. How do I go about contacting John? We have a set of friends coming with us. They will be celebrating 20 years also. My Dad and Step Mom are planning to come(Still undecided of yet) will be celebrating 35 years. So there will be a whole lot of celebrations!

Edited by ShanZro
spelling

We took a taxi to the Carambola beach club in St. Kitts. It was very cheap to and from and didn't have to pay to roam the beach club and enjoy the beautiful beach.

In St. Maarten we did a Carnival excursion that was snorkeling and plane watching. We loved it! We boarded a smaller boat right next to the cruise line and they took us over to the airport. We got to snorkel and relax while the planes landed.

I love Snorkeling, Especially if there are Sea Turtles!!

What did his tour consist of?

In St. Kitts we had a tour booked with Thenford Grey Tours. Mr. Grey himself was our guide and it was like having Morgan Freeman as our tour guide. He was most knowledgeable. The island tour included a stop at the fortress and Timothy Hill, which is picturesque. I highly recommend them.

In St. Maarten we had an island tour booked with Amigo Tours. This covered the entire island (Dutch & French) and stops at a beach (Orient?), in Marigot for shopping/lunch/walking around and Maho just in time to see the Air France Airbus 340 come in. Of course, there is no guarantee there will be a large jet scheduled to land during the time you're there.

What did his tour consist of?

We booked a private tour and it included a drive though Basseterre, visit to Romney Manor/Caribelle Batik and then a drive up to Timothy Hill. (This view is amazing!) He shared the history of the island throughout and was very entertaining. Looking at his website, it looks like he offers a half island tour that is very similar, but also includes Brimstone Hill.

Hello everyone, it has been a LONG time since I last posted. Our last cruise was January 2013. We had a blast but we weren't in a position to go on another cruise. BUT, I just booked our next cruise today! I am so flipping excited. We will be on the Conquest in February 2018, Celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary. We will hit 20 years this November, but wanted to wait until the winter months to sail. The ports are, St Maarten, St Kitts, San Juan and Grand Turk. We haven't been to St Maarten ot St Kitts, so that is what I am most excited about.

If anyone has any tips about St Maarten or St Kitts please let me know.

More info can be found on the following link concerning your Ports Of Call. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=587

Ordinarily doing excursions on your own is a good deal, but be aware that the St. Kitts Sugar Train may only be booked as a cruise ship excursion.

On St. Kitts we enjoyed Shipwreck Beach. Very rustic shack (in the literal sense of the word) albeit with flush toilets. Areas for swimming, sunning, snorkeling, etc. Beer (probably wine and liquor, but I mostly remember beer) and food in an open air restaurant.