On loud "music"

jack75729

Here is a review with comments about loud music from me:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=568330

I have to wonder why you brought up this 11 year old thread on the Carnival forum to direct people to your review about things being loud on your NCL cruise earlier this year.

Scott, damn good job in advertising your review!:D

Loudness of music is a circle of life type of thing. Way back in my twenties no music was too load. If it was the Rolling Stones, crank it up to FULL! In my forties the same volume of music was getting irritating. By my early fifties, it had gone from irritating to obnoxious. And now, in my late fifties it's back to just irritating again. The volume has not gone down but I just don't hear as well these days. So I suspect that by the time I retire I'll be back to wanting my Rolling Stones playing at FULL volume again!;)

Only once did we have a problem with it. Can't remember which cruise line or ship, but there was live music in the dining room. A couple of times we were seated so close that we couldn't hold a conversation.

Normally it doesn't bother me except if it is a neighbor playing loud music on a balcony.

My first Carnival cruise on the Miracle occurred during spring break. The music at the pool was so loud we couldn’t talk to each other. The past two times it was better though. Ive never found the music in the rest of the ship to be too bad. Obviously if you are in a dance venue it will be loud, but its that way on land too.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have to wonder why you brought up this 11 year old thread on the Carnival forum to direct people to your review about things being loud on your NCL cruise earlier this year.

I did a search on "Loud Music" and it came up with this thread. I did not notice the date though. Also my post of the link to my review was in response to the post asking if anyone else felt the music was too loud.

I did indeed post my review, and thoughts, in the NCL section. Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks the music on cruises is too loud, no matter the cruise line. On NCL, even the movies were way too loud in the atrium.

Edited by scott8815
clarity

For me, two words: noise-canceling headphones...

I travel with them. I do take them out to the pool. I either like my quiet or my own music. No big deal.

I haven't had an issue with loud music on a cruise.

For those who were discussing hearing the same song over and over: try working in some hotels who have music in the lobby!!! It is usually a 6-8 hour track. I always knew I was close to the end of the shift when certain songs came on the second time. And, that track plays day in/day out - you hear the same stuff all the time. A couple of days on a cruise, easy. A year or more (with time out for the month-long Holiday music - another track), well... And, if it's music you don't particularly like, it is like water torture :eek:

On the last two cruises I did put on the comment card that we do enjoy the live bands that play poolside, but after they are done, we don't like the canned music blaring. On the last cruise several people did ask them to lower the volume. It's nice to have background music, but it shouldn't be so loud that you have to SCREAM at the person siting right next to you in order for them to hear what you're saying. As far in the elevator or playing softly in bars and lounges when live music is not there....we have no problem with that.