Crown Princess cabins to avoid

happy cruisin

We have just returned from Crown Princess and had 2 cabins B256and B254

Generally we have never had a problem with any cabin on any Princess ship but both of these cabins suffered with constant noise of fast running water overhead . Pretty much 24/7 !

We booked opposite each other as a family travelling together and the noise was in both cabins and across the hallway between the 2 . We asked cabins either side and they did not have the problem .

So we checked the ship plan to see if we had missed something when booking on the pools location etc , but no just cabins above .

So AVOID if you don't want to be kept awake by running water which makes you feel you need the loo all the time !!!!!!!

I am currently in a dialogue with Princess on the responses I got when on board so really don't want to go into it here until that has ended.

And one more to add to that is Suite cabin L107. It is right below the gym and just above the bedroom is the treadmills. You hear a thump, thump, thump sometimes during the day and night. It's not bothersome when you are asleep but trying to go to sleep or take a nap it is really bothersome. Good news it usually only last 30-45 minutes but we love that cabin because of the lovely balcony and access to the space over the bridge when in port. I had to change cabins on future cruises after being in that cabin on our August 12-26 Norway cruise.

Just a heads up!

And one more to add to that is Suite cabin L107. It is right below the gym and just above the bedroom is the treadmills. You hear a thump, thump, thump sometimes during the day and night. It's not bothersome when you are asleep but trying to go to sleep or take a nap it is really bothersome. Good news it usually only last 30-45 minutes but we love that cabin because of the lovely balcony and access to the space over the bridge when in port. I had to change cabins on future cruises after being in that cabin on our August 12-26 Norway cruise.

Just a heads up!

I agree.......

This is an ongoing issue talked about here on CC a lot for cabins under the gym. :(

I have 1 to add to the list. Baja Deck (Deck 11) BB Balcony Cabin 609 (Starboard/Mid-Aft) On my recent Norway cruise I had this cabin. There is a constantly running rattling fan in the bathroom ceiling that actually sends sound vibes right to the bed area. I found I was unable to sleep well and was completely annoyed at the constant noise. I was very unhappy in that situation.

I mentioned it to the steward the second morning. They supposedly looked at it, but nothing changed. I was told it was just "normal" ship "air flow" A supervisor did come a few days later and detected the actual root of the problem. He was unable to do anything about it. About 5 days before the end of the 14 day cruise i had a call from passenger services that there was a cabin available almost directly across from mine that I could be moved to. I jumped on the move and was so much happier. It made such a huge difference. In addition, I had a call from the Passenger Services supervisor inviting me to enjoy dinner on them in the Crown grill. So, if constant noise bothers you, this is not the cabin to choose.

Just a heads up!

I second that. It can be really annoying!

• 1 month later...
We have booked an ocean view cabin on plaza deck p209 (cheaping it out this trip lol) and it seems to be below the theatre area... Has anyone had any experiences with these cabins? Crown Princess.

We were on the Star P320 and there was a very loud banging all night long, It was an obstructed Oceanview. Our friends in P322 heard nothing. It was miserable for us. If you woke up in the middle of the night it took time to get back to sleep. Plus, it could wake you up while you were sleeping too. I think it had to do with the lifeboats not being properly secured and the wind and perhaps cruising speeds?. We didn't even think to complain, but we should have! We had been upgraded from an inside room on Plaza and because of that experience, we (my husband) prefers to be left to the cabin of his choosing :)