MDR concerns

cruising deacon

We're just off the Grand Princess 10-day Mex-Riv cruise. In one of the anytime rooms (Deck 6) I observed one man being asked to change out of his shorts and into pants. A couple of days later, I observed several persons leaving the dining room (Deck 5) after eating, wearing shorts at dinner. My take was that anytime dining on Deck Six didn't allow shorts, but anytime dining on Deck Five did? :confused:

The menus are still the same, just lumped together. You can still order as many courses as you want to.

We are Princess Cruisers but recently offered a free carnival cruise. So we went. of course. Always heard bad things about the food on carnival. Their newish American Table style menu selections were awesome. Always something delicious to eat, always available selections are plentiful. (just had to ignore the occasion shorts and ball caps). I keep hearing about the downgraded Princess menu. Please tell me that they haven't been outpaced, outclassed by Carnival. We're sailing the Caribbean Princes in January.

We're just off the Grand Princess 10-day Mex-Riv cruise. In one of the anytime rooms (Deck 6) I observed one man being asked to change out of his shorts and into pants. A couple of days later, I observed several persons leaving the dining room (Deck 5) after eating, wearing shorts at dinner. My take was that anytime dining on Deck Six didn't allow shorts, but anytime dining on Deck Five did? :confused:

The menus are still the same, just lumped together. You can still order as many courses as you want to.

Princess has always been inconsistent in enforcing the shorts rule at dinner. Most times they stop people at the door but occasionally (on some ships) they'll look the other way.

It's impossible to predict which ships will allow them.

Princess has always been inconsistent in enforcing the shorts rule at dinner. Most times they stop people at the door but occasionally (on some ships) they'll look the other way.

It's impossible to predict which ships will allow them.

Exactly! I rarely wear shorts, so the rule is of no concern to me. I'm just posting for those who may be concerned.;)

It looked the same to me. There's the shrimp cocktail, Caesar salad, fettuccine, salmon, chicken, and hamburger, plus the dessert menu items.

They used to offer a NY steak on the anytime menu but switched to hamburger a couple of years ago.... I was disappointed with that because I could always get a steak if nothing else appealed to me.

Also, the fetticcini alfreado in the bread bowl is gone. No bread, it's lumped in a salad bowl.:(

They used to offer a NY steak on the anytime menu but switched to hamburger a couple of years ago.... I was disappointed with that because I could always get a steak if nothing else appealed to me.

Also, the fetticcini alfreado in the bread bowl is gone. No bread, it's lumped in a salad bowl.:(

I believe it was a Parmesan cheese bowl? Yes, the steak has been gone for awhile. I should have specified "no changes since January of this year".

We also were on the Grand last week. While we are elite, this was our first Princess cruise in 3 years. Yes the food selections have been reduced. I don't recall ever seeing menu items repeated but this cruise did have Prime Rib on 2 nights. On 2 evenings for late traditional dining I saw individuals enter the dining room with shorts. And Luigi, the Maitre'd, was standing right at the door and said nothing. Did it ruin my cruise - of course not. But then these people were on vacation and were entitled to do exactly as they please.

the Parmesan basket pasta alfredo is gone from Regal?

It was something I was really looking forward to since last year - it's heavenly.

Caribbean Princess' pasta alfredo (no parmesan basket) was pretty bad and inedible. Even our 5 year old didn't want it.

The Caribbean Princess Feb 2017. Plenty of shorts every casual night in the DR. 6 and 8 day trips.

None on formal nights but no jacket or tie required.

None on the Caribbean Princess Sept last month on British Isles. Was thinking that it could be the weather and/or itinerary. But last Mar/Apr on Crown for Caribbean, seen a lot being politely denied entry at dinner even on non-formal nights. Maybe, enforcement depends on instruction of the Maitre d’

Sent from my iPhone using Forums