Laundry Room on Sirena - Questions

Marguerite-a-Ville

This will be our first Oceania cruise.

We're doing a 21-day South America cruise, with a 4-day pre-trip to Machu Pichu.

I can foresee needing to do laundry a couple of times on this cruise.

Normally, I take a few Tide pods with me when I know we'll be doing laundry, but my brother just went on a Viking Ocean cruise and said their washers actually dispense the soap. Do the Oceania washers do the same?

How many washers/dryers are on Sirena? If I'm reading the deck plans correctly, there is only one laundry room - on deck 7. Does there tend to be a backup in the laundry room?

How much do the tokens cost? Are they needed for both washers and dryers?

Yes, please use the supplied soap as it's designed to be designed to be good for their systems. I don't know how many machines, maybe 4 or 6 of each.

Keep in mind that if you are in a Concierge or higher room you now get 3 bags of free laundry.

Yes, please use the supplied soap as it's designed to be designed to be good for their systems. I don't know how many machines, maybe 4 or 6 of each.

Keep in mind that if you are in a Concierge or higher room you now get 3 bags of free laundry.

What about dryer sheets or softener? Are they available?

Bill

And not six machines on the "R" ships ... unless you mean 3 of each! The laundry room on the "R" ships is too small to have six washers and six dryers!

There CAN be a backup on the smaller ships. But if you schedule your time correctly it isn't a problem. I won't say any more than that ... Don't try to do laundry on a sea day, though, because you are very likely to find many friends trying to do the same!

Mura

Margie, I just wanted to add that it's not really difficult, even on the smaller ships. You will see lots of comments saying how hard it is ... but ever since our Renaissance days (starting out in October '99) we haven't had problems. Not that we always just walk in and find machines available!

But you will learn what times are popular with most people and just avoid them!

Nothing to do with how busy the laundry room is but our first cruise was on the R2 (now Regatta) and we met a couple to headed for the laundry room immediately. I thought that was nuts ... until I figured out that they'd probably been traveling in Europe before boarding the ship in Lisbon! But that CAN be a good time to get machines ...

Mura

And not six machines on the "R" ships ... unless you mean 3 of each! The laundry room on the "R" ships is too small to have six washers and six dryers!

There CAN be a backup on the smaller ships. But if you schedule your time correctly it isn't a problem. I won't say any more than that ... Don't try to do laundry on a sea day, though, because you are very likely to find many friends trying to do the same!

Mura

Mura, I do think I saw 6 washers and six dryers on the Sirena. The dryers are on top of the washers.

There are also two ironing boards.

Ivi

That could be a change that took place since we were on board Sirena in October 2016 but I don't know where they'd put that many machines! For my memory, 4 each max. Maybe only 3 each on the "R" ships.

Well, newcomers will correct me if I'm wrong! Even the bigger ships don't have 6 of each!

I remember on the QE2 there were 12 of each and NO CHARGE ... but that was Cunard, not Oceania. And the QE2 had 1750 passenger capacity.

Mura

I wish I could be sure Mura, but when I used the laundry room I was just interested on getting a free machine. I did not pay that much attention, because I could always find one free. The bottle neck were the ironing boards and irons. That's why I know they are two only.

Regards

Ivi

That could be a change that took place since we were on board Sirena in October 2016 but I don't know where they'd put that many machines! For my memory, 4 each max. Maybe only 3 each on the "R" ships.

Well, newcomers will correct me if I'm wrong! Even the bigger ships don't have 6 of each!

I remember on the QE2 there were 12 of each and NO CHARGE ... but that was Cunard, not Oceania. And the QE2 had 1750 passenger capacity.

Mura

While I'm not sure on the R ships I'm almost positive that there are at least 6 each on the O ships (in each room). Positive enough that I'd bet on it. When you walk in the door there is a bank of them on the left and a bank straight ahead. At least that is the way the one on Marina was in December(at least on the deck I used).

Of course I could be wrong, as I didn't remember the beer tap at Waves bar that's been there since the ship was built.

It's a while since I used a laundry room on Marina but the room itself is much larger than the single room on the "R" ships, so could well have six each. But we were talking about an "R" ship.

Ivi, I agree about the number of ironing boards ... but I'm surprised you had a problem getting one since I never did. Then again, I rarely iron these days! And maybe the availability of ironing boards when I'm in the laundry room has something to do with the odd hours I pick to do my laundry, so that I rarely have a problem getting a washer or dryer, let alone the ironing board.

Mura

While I'm not sure on the R ships I'm almost positive that there are at least 6 each on the O ships (in each room). Positive enough that I'd bet on it. When you walk in the door there is a bank of them on the left and a bank straight ahead. At least that is the way the one on Marina was in December(at least on the deck I used).

Of course I could be wrong, as I didn't remember the beer tap at Waves bar that's been there since the ship was built.

Marina - Three washers and three dryers on deck seven. We used them four times and have pictures of the layout but Photobucket isn't cooperating.

If you were on deck seven I will take your bet. :)

Marina - Three washers and three dryers on deck seven. We used them four times and have pictures of the layout but Photobucket isn't cooperating.

If you were on deck seven I will take your bet. :)

Rob, we were on deck eleven, but I looked up one of the Preismans pictures of Riviera and it has the set up you mentioned. Maybe if Mike sees this thread he can let us know which floor he took the picture on .

I know I'm not losing my mind yet, I distinctly remember a crowd of us in there shuffling laundry from one side to the other.

I'll check in July and take a picture if no one else settles this for me.

Just used laundry room on Sierra today and there are 6 washers and 6 dryers...also 2 ironing boards. Room very small, but works and is on deck 7. Each machine uses 1 token. Laundry soap supplied.

Sirena is the latest refurbish of Oceania R ships and varies a bit from the other R ships in many subtle ways. I am not sure if the other R ships also have 6 washers and dryers.

It's 16 months since we left Sirena (if I'm counting right) and I definitely don't remember 6 of each. But I defer to MichiganKate whose info is current. I just can't imagine where they'd put them all ...

Mura

Just used laundry room on Sierra today and there are 6 washers and 6 dryers...also 2 ironing boards. Room very small, but works and is on deck 7. Each machine uses 1 token. Laundry soap supplied.

This is what I've thought, I have seen at the Sirena. The dryers are on top of the washers.

Ivi