Insignia Around the World 2020

slw207693

On board the Insignia and the 2020 Around the World map was released today. It travels west thru Panama Canal to San Franscisco then turns south towards South America and around SA turning eastwards at Fortaleza, Brazil to cape Verde Island then down western side of Africa towards Cape Town and then Maputo turns east to southern India, then Asian countries towards Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, Russia (try getting that on ball cap!) then Alaska ports back down to San Francisco (180days). It continues back thru Panama Canal to Miami and onward to New York (20 days).

There you have the highlights.

it is now posted to Oceania’s website.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Anything you can share about your current world cruise?? Many of us have been waiting to hear how it's going, but not one word has been posted. :(

We'll be on the 2019 world cruise and would love some feedback from you worldies. :D

I am in touch with a cruiser who is blogging privately — switched to emailing friends. So far, she’s had nothing negative to share that I can recall. They missed one port in Africa that I recall (I think the Maldives due to recent political unrest) ... if there were others, I don’t remember. In any event, if you have specific questions, you could post them here and I can ask her to cover them in an email that I can share with her permission. I’ll also ask her for general thoughts that I might be able to share if she permits.

Short of that, having tried blogging live myself last year, I totally understand why we are not seeing anything this year. I am just now getting to the last few ports after having to stop blogging live about midway through the cruise. The O itinerary is more port-intensive than some of the other RTW itineraries. There is so much to see and do and experience that taking time out for public blogging becomes an effort (you have to do more wordsmithing than if you just journal privately). The blogging effort is not helped by the often problematic internet speed. I would add that the general age group on the O RTW probably doesn’t have that many bloggers anyway.

A suggestion for the 2019 RTW pax might be a “group CC thread” next year. They are doing this on the Viking RTW this year, and it seems to be working out nicely ... with the advantage that one gets multiple points of view from different pax on the same cruise in one place. So, how about someone taking the lead and doing that next year to help those of us who are considering 2020. It would be worth it for shipboard experiences I would think ... if not for ports.

I am doing the Cape Town to Singapore segment. We missed Madagascar due to weather getting there. Today we are in Maldives. We had a total of 13 cases of gastro from Cape Town (not all at once though) which initiated cleaning protocols. We are now clear and everything is back to the high Oceania standards. I don’t think we have a Cynthia or Wayne blogging on this cruise (I think we all enjoyed their continued posts). We never consulted their posts as we were planning this section of the trip.

The General Manager, Damien LaCroix is departing in Singapore and Raphael Cinque will replace him. Leslie Johns is the ever lovable cruise director. Executive Chef, Farsi Oudir cooked fresh tuna on the Terrace Deck last night.

We hear that those on board get first crack at booking 2020 and there certainly seems to be great interest.

So, all is well aboard Insignia as we pull up anchor and depart for Mangalore, India.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

h2so4: I wasn't meaning that someone has to do a blog which is a lot of work, but rather it seems strange that absolutely no one has even put a quick post on the O board. I'd like to hear general stuff about ship life or anything special....not detailed info on ports. But that's their choice....and I can't speak for anyone on RTW 2019 as far as reporting ours.

slw207693: thank you for taking the time to share with us! Fresh grilled tuna sounds awesome!! :hearteyes: