Snorkeling And Stingray Excursion

Raxter54

We're looking into a snorkeling /stingray excursion in Grand Turk. Don't want to book the Carnival excursion since it would probably be crowded. Any recommendations on a company providing small group excursions at Grand Turk? Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy 4

Several years ago my roll call got together and we did a charter with Grand Turk Diving. They were great. We went to one location that was decent, then the wall, then we went to Gibbs Cay and saw the sting rays. There was plenty of time after for a stop at Jack's Shack and/or the beach. If you don't have enough people for the Charter - their regular tours are similar.

I have snorkeled right from the shore (brought my own gear) - both in front of Jack's as well as off the southern tip of the island. You don't need to spend the money on an excursion - but if you choose to do one, go private (not through the ship) and it's a reasonable cost for the value.

We booked with Grand Turk Diving as well. They met us on the beach and took us snorkeling and to the island with the stingrays. We had an excellent day.

I have a complete review in my signature line if you are interested. There's TONS of pictures with it.

Thanks you both for the suggestion. Mitsugirly - I read the Grand Turk portion of your Breeze review, and didn't see anything about a snorkeling excursion. Was that in another review? Like your review, very well done :)

The snorkeling part was the first part that we went to. We had a bit of snorkeling vest difficulty with my child and didn't get to do much snorkeling (the hubby went over to the reef but didn't have the other camera and wasn't able to get any good pictures). We requested that we just go over the island for the stingrays instead of going to the second snorkeling spot. We really booked this excursion just to get to the island.

We booked one thru the ship and I was really disappointed. They took us to a reef, but we were rushed, and had to stay with the guide instead of taking our time. We went to the stingrays, and there was only one of them there. We are due to go back in November, and I booked a private snorkeling tour. I guess we will just have to wait and see if they are operating then. We are supposed to leave 2 months from today. Also had a ferry trip to St. Bart's and snorkeling there planned, since we've seen SXM 3 other times. I feel guilty that I know they are working to get the islands ready for tourists again instead of being able to fix their own homes first.

• 1 month later...
We booked one thru the ship and I was really disappointed. They took us to a reef, but we were rushed, and had to stay with the guide instead of taking our time. We went to the stingrays, and there was only one of them there. We are due to go back in November, and I booked a private snorkeling tour. I guess we will just have to wait and see if they are operating then. We are supposed to leave 2 months from today. Also had a ferry trip to St. Bart's and snorkeling there planned, since we've seen SXM 3 other times. I feel guilty that I know they are working to get the islands ready for tourists again instead of being able to fix their own homes first.

May I ask, was the boat on the ship excursion a catamaran and was there bathroom facilities?

• 1 month later...