Shoe Diva's Club

Thanks! They are actually Jessica Simpson. They are called Mandalaye

(they are inspired these Chloe originals below)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGyroqdNS2fQnJHD9uDCuFbUBdDC54wDPjtyOENvDAs2ee14kLhA

I actually like non originals :D a bit better because of the toe box style and the heel (which of course you can't see in this picture :confused:

tmee

I recently bought these at SteinMart. They are "ITALIAN SHOEMAKERS" . I have only been wearing VIONICS for the past few months

but I have always loved this brand. I no longer wear heels so these should work well. They look dressier in person and I will be wearing

them with a dressy pair of palazzo pants and lovely new top on one formal night on my upcoming cruise:)...they are a small wedge.

5096615_001.tif&wid=1000=&cvt=jpeg

Those are very cute Lois - and look comfy too! Also a fan of 'Italian shoemakers' - sometimes lucky enuf to find a pair at the local Winners/Marshalls!

I have this lovely silver/rhinestone pair of thongs/sandals - very cute!

m_575cbd7eb4188eaa42006cc7.jpg

Darn, I just found this thread. I packed 12 pairs of shoes on my May '17 cruise. I'll have to remember and post for my November cruise.

I normally pack 2 outfits for each day and "try" to wear all shoes at least twice.

Wearing shoes twice?! What is that? LOL I would love to travel with so many shoes but I have so many clothes, I travel within self imposed limited of 3 evening shoes.....with one of three I must wear at some other time. Maybe at an event onshore pre-cruise or climbing onboard ship :D

So to my Shoe Diva sisters:

Has this ever happened to you...?

You buy a pair of shoes you really need but don't wear often (like flats)... Then you take a cruise....

You come back and six months later and say "boy I wish I had a pair of flats" so you buy a pair for another holiday.

Then a couple of months later you go through your closet for clothing and accessories you want to donate and there in the pile, is a brand new pair of never worn flats you bought 8 months ago still in the box ;p!!!

This has just happened to me. I found the same pair of flats that I posted HERE in this thread back in September LOL! Since I don't often wear flats I had forgotten that I had bought them. So I bought another pair that are cute but didn't really work for air travel...and two months ago bought the third pair of flats (the ones that I just posted a week or so ago...)

I admit it I have TOO many shoes....(or at least black flats right now :))

In the "donation closet", I also found a brand new pair of gorgeous silver vintage inspired ankle strap peep toed sandals (that I have never worn) because I forgot I had them (I must have been in a cleaning frenzy right after I bought them and I put them "away") .....and after looking at you lovely ladies' pictures I had just been saying to myself... "boy I wish I had some opened toed silver evening shoes with straps and a decent heel..."(sigh) well I guess now I do....:)

I won't tell you how many other unworn shoes I found in the abyss:) ah well its like shopping all over again!

Sincerely,

tmee

Hi tmee:).....last summer I had a case of Planter Faciitus and as the year went by I actually cleaned out ALL my shoes

(and I never wore "high heels" to begin with) but I probably donated 30-40 pairs of shoes to Good Will........so if there was

something in a box, it was in my donation bag......

And I always wear flats;).......unless it is a small wedge.......

I "babysat" one of my students at his sister's wedding so mom and dad could do their part. Since he has severe autism and I knew I would be literally running at times I purchased a pair of dressy black flats to wear with my dress.

After running ( a few times) in them and walking for a few hours around the reception hall I had blisters. So they sit looking brand new in a box.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...
Haven't read the thread in ages so don't know if this has been posted before.

A bit pricey but if you figure you're getting more than one pair of shoes, not too bad.

https://mimemoi.com/en/

Hi Everyone I'm back & just checking up on our club.. I'm happy that our club is still alive & well..

What a great idea this is..If I could still wear heels I would buy them in a minute..

Never dawned on me when I first started this thread that there would be so many of us..:cool:

Have been reading all the new posts & welcome all our new Shoe Divas..

I've been going to physical therapy for the past month..Went to see my Orthopedist, back in June & he was not happy that I'm still limping from the Hip operation he did 2011..Only reason I went to him was because he insists I take Antibiotics when I go to the Dentist.. So called his office & innocently asked if I still had to do that since it's 5 yrs..Answer was he hasn't seen me in a while & I better come in.. That's when he decided he wants me to try physical therapy..Have another appointment with him next week..

PT has helped me quite a bit, but don't think I'll ever be back to wearing heels again.. :loudcry:

I still enjoy seeing nice shoes though & will keep lots of them in my shoe closet, just in case.. :cool:

Keep smiling Ladies & please stay well! Love looking at all your shoes!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's not only shoe sale season, it's "better think about boots" season! I lucked onto these two pair the other day and neither looks like I've just walked in off the snow mobile on the "frozen tundra"! I've given you both sides of the taller one just because they're so funky looking! Both pair have this amazingly soft (read: cozy) lining to keep my feet warm at -40.

enhance

enhance

enhance

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Ger, nice boots. What brand are they? Online or store? Think they look interesting!

Fyree, good buys!

Both pair are Jana brand and I purchased them at a Quarks store in one of our malls. Hopefully I won't "need" them too soon, but that's not going to stop me from wearing them just for the sake of enjoying them!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Gerry

I'm resurrecting this thread as it's now SHOE SALE season. :D These are all Life Stride shoes. I'm finding with my wide foot, I'm better off in this brand. I've been looking for a pair of booties and really like these. The flats I'll box up and pull them out next summer and the strappy sandals are now mine simply because I've never really owned a pair. I think they'll go with me on my next cruise. :)

HI Ladies I'm back! fryee39 so happy that you resurrected this thread.. Love your yellow flats..I'm planning for a cruise over Christmas & New Years & looking over my shoes now..

Completed my Physical therapy & not using the cane unless walking a long distance.. If I concentrate on how I walk I will no longer limp, which is good news ..Unfortunately, have developed neuropathy in both my feet, so that may eventually become a major problem..

I'm shocked to see so many of us are still at it..

Just realized I never welcomed Mickey-Mouse into our club..So Sorry!

TXNewlyweds (Carol) welcome & Congratulations..Please tell us about your little pup, in your picture.. My Baby is a wirehaired dachshund & is 17years & 5 months old..Don't know how much longer we will have her, but we take it a day at a time..She still eats & is happy to be with us..Vet says we've done a great job with her..Right now she's laying around my feet..

Froufie, just read your post about finding shoes still in the boxes which have never been worn..Told DH, I'm not the only one who does this..DH built me a shoe closet in our house but when we moved to our condo, I had to give up my shoe closet. :(I donated so many pairs of shoes then, which had never been worn..I'm into flats now since I can no longer wear heels..:(

Told my Friend today, that I was going to try to limit my shoes to six pairs for this upcoming cruise, but she says I probably won't be able to do it.. ;)

Anyway, It's good to be back Ladies..If I've missed anyone please forgive me..:cool:

• 1 month later...

Hi Gals (and Guys??): I hoping to join your Shoe Diva group. My dad was a shoemaker in Italy and even worked on the boots for the Italian climbing team that climbed K2 in 1954. Needless to say, I inherited his love of fine footwear. He's actually the only guy I know with a shoe closet. Anyhow, I have a shoe room with a couple floor to 6 foot shelving units built by my husband. Although I broke my ankle several years ago and had to have metal in it (which was then taken out 12 years later) I still like to wear heels. Depending on the day, I can sometimes wear the stilettos, but more often than not it's wedges or chunky heels these days. I'll post a photo or two when I find them in my files. I'm heading on a short cruise as part of a 3 week vacation in a couple weeks. Not sure what shoes to take as I want to look amazing for the formal night, but I also want to be able to move and not fall overboard, lol. Do I need any special soles on them?

Good morning.........everyone is different........do you need special soles? I don't think so but I don't wear high heels anymore. I have worn plenty of wedges (not high ones). But as for needing a special sole? I have never needed them.

Hope you have a great cruise:)

Good morning.........everyone is different........do you need special soles? I don't think so but I don't wear high heels anymore. I have worn plenty of wedges (not high ones). But as for needing a special sole? I have never needed them.

Hope you have a great cruise:)

As a special sole, I figured I might need a high heeled deck shoe, lol.

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=42844036

Here's an older shot of my black shoes, and an older shot of my cream to tan/brown shoes. Some switch outs have occurred with new pairs added, and some of these ones sent off to the charity as I can no longer run in them, lol. I don't have any pictures of the other colours yet - I have lots of blue, green, red, purple, pink, yellow shoes - maybe one day when I'm bored I'll lay them all out for a photo shoot. I also have lots of boots from 'shooties' to thigh highs in suede, leather, and fabrics, and lots of casual Birkenstock/Mephisto/Flipflop types, my steel toe work boots, and my sport specific footwear. I kept having to resize my jpg's or they wouldn't upload. The shots are too tiny on here to see properly.

1685844836_P1010059(320x240).jpg.c3e2808cd8b3cb5a3eb1aeac74335d72.jpg

118622754_P1010055(300x225).jpg.9fa0e2b5280630afb0f58c51fabdb434.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi shoe divas,

I love the shoe photos, especially those boat shoe heels....I would totally wear those :D.

So we are in my favorite shoe time of year....mid autumn.. when every store has summer shoes on extreme clearance :cool:

I just bought several for my upcoming trip..including a pair of boat shoes (the traditional variety;)) I will post the photos later.

Happy Shoe shopping!!

tmee