Opposite problem finding slacks or undies that fit

Jules59

Hi, I hope some of you can help out. I have the opposite problem of a previous poster. My waist is probably the biggest part of me. By the time you get down to my hips, they are at least a size smaller. Compounded my the fact that I'm way overweight. I have to sit a lot do to back and hip problems that started many years ago.. I always where an elastic waistband. When standing, by the time I reach down to my lower hips, I can grab a handful of fabric on each side. I'm having an awful time finding some nice clothes for an upcoming trip. Any advice?

I think that's what's called an "apple" shape -- very hard to find a good fit in pants. Look online for advice -- I know I've seen some sites that make recommendations for those who are apple vs. pear shapes in terms of what styles work. I think for most of them, the pull-on style pants styles work best, and particularly those with slim legs as well so you don't get the bagginess in the leg.

Julie, I've met you a couple of times and you are not at all fat-fat and are always nicely dressed!

I,if your remember, am on the thin side. Still a problem for me because I hate having anything the least bit tight around my waist.

Try buying "slim fit" with an elastic waist in a size or two larger so the legs will fit.

LuLu

Julie, I've met you a couple of times and you are not at all fat-fat and are always nicely dressed!

I,if your remember, am on the thin side. Still a problem for me because I hate having anything the least bit tight around my waist.

Try buying "slim fit" with an elastic waist in a size or two larger so the legs will fit.

LuLu

Lulu, it's so good to hear from you. Yes, that's a good idea, I will try and find something like that. Hope to see you soon, on another cruise.:whiskey-glass: