Looking for info...

cruz4natic

Looking for opinions....best way to get from Marco Polo Airport to Venice Hotels. Bus or the Alilaguna Boat? A little confused after researching. Is the Alilaguna Boat the water taxi/private water taxi and is there a limit on luggage? Or bus is a better option? I have read approaching by the water is the way to go, but unsure about the luggage. Looking into hotels closer to train station area because we are leaving from there. Looking at: Hotel Moresco, Hotel Canal Grande and Antiche Figure. We will have 5 peices of luggage between the 2 of us, two of which we can connect. TIA for opinions and help. :)

Study this website and it will give you all the information you could possibly need! https://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/arriving_in_venice.htm

(But note that the Alilaguna is a water bus. A water taxi is a boat just for you, in the same way as a land taxi is just for you.)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Looking for opinions....best way to get from Marco Polo Airport to Venice Hotels. Bus or the Alilaguna Boat? A little confused after researching. Is the Alilaguna Boat the water taxi/private water taxi and is there a limit on luggage? Or bus is a better option? I have read approaching by the water is the way to go, but unsure about the luggage. Looking into hotels closer to train station area because we are leaving from there. Looking at: Hotel Moresco, Hotel Canal Grande and Antiche Figure. We will have 5 peices of luggage between the 2 of us, two of which we can connect. TIA for opinions and help. :)

You should start from downsizing from 5 pc of luggage to 2 . :*

We took the Alilaguna from Murano to the airport. It was a fun way to get there for sure! But, not a very quick one, so if you take this water bus make sure you are aware that it will take time. They had a place near the front of the bus boat/bus to place luggage. We each only had one piece, so I don't know whether you need to pay extra for your second pieces. But I agree with another poster--reduce your luggage by half. It's so cumbersome to travel laden down with all that luggage, and in the end you discover you didn't really need half of it!

We took the Alilaguna from Murano to the airport. It was a fun way to get there for sure! But, not a very quick one, so if you take this water bus make sure you are aware that it will take time. They had a place near the front of the bus boat/bus to place luggage. We each only had one piece, so I don't know whether you need to pay extra for your second pieces. But I agree with another poster--reduce your luggage by half. It's so cumbersome to travel laden down with all that luggage, and in the end you discover you didn't really need half of it!
Thank you kawagama...time wise we are fine with that. It will be the experience. I don't know about restrictions on luggage. Wish we could down size but we are thinking we will need all. [emoji4]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Forums mobile app

Thank you kawagama...time wise we are fine with that. It will be the experience. I don't know about restrictions on luggage. Wish we could down size but we are thinking we will need all. [emoji4]

Is it your first cruise? I can not think how long it should be and on what cruise line that you need 5 !! suite cases. Specially from Venice . No one dress up that much those days, most cruise lines even cancelled formal nights. Are you sure you can walk around with 5 of them? plus I am sure you have carry on too ? We had 2 , my DH is healthy man who can lift easy 25 kg but I don't see how would we do there with 5 :(.

We usually have 5 prices between the 2 of us. 2 large cases that weigh between 18 & 23 kilos each, plus two small wheeled carry on cases and a rucksack which has all ‘valuables’ in it. We tend to have a couple of Hotel nights on the way to a cruise - one at the airport and one at the embarkation port, so use the 2 wheeled carry on cases for clothes we will need en route.

We cruise on Azamara which doesn’t have formal nights, but still can’t manage with less.

Is it your first cruise? I can not think how long it should be and on what cruise line that you need 5 !! suite cases. Specially from Venice . No one dress up that much those days, most cruise lines even cancelled formal nights. Are you sure you can walk around with 5 of them? plus I am sure you have carry on too ? We had 2 , my DH is healthy man who can lift easy 25 kg but I don't see how would we do there with 5 :(.

Oh no. Not our first. About our 40th. Lol. We are spending time in Venice and Civitavecchia then doing a 10 night Greece/Italy then a 14 night transatlantic. We like to have outfit choices and do enjoy formal evenings, being that our jobs do not allow us the luxury of dressing nice. We will have 2 carry ons, 2 large bags and a garment bag. Our only concern of moving luggage would be Venice. Perhaps it would be best to do a water taxi. I do appreciate all the info. :)

We usually have 5 prices between the 2 of us. 2 large cases that weigh between 18 & 23 kilos each, plus two small wheeled carry on cases and a rucksack which has all ‘valuables’ in it. We tend to have a couple of Hotel nights on the way to a cruise - one at the airport and one at the embarkation port, so use the 2 wheeled carry on cases for clothes we will need en route.

We cruise on Azamara which doesn’t have formal nights, but still can’t manage with less.

Thank you Grandma Cruising...sounds like you will have about the same. Sounds like you travel as we do. Love to have choices, unfortunately. Lol. Azamara is on our bucket list. :)

Oh no. Not our first. About our 40th. Lol. We are spending time in Venice and Civitavecchia then doing a 10 night Greece/Italy then a 14 night transatlantic. We like to have outfit choices and do enjoy formal evenings, being that our jobs do not allow us the luxury of dressing nice. We will have 2 carry ons, 2 large bags and a garment bag. Our only concern of moving luggage would be Venice. Perhaps it would be best to do a water taxi. I do appreciate all the info. :)

o! If its only 2 big ones you should not have a problem on Allilaguna ,water taxi is an amazing option as well. :hearteyes:Very luxury and very memorable. We took water taxi to hotel and alilaguna from hotel to Port ,I loved both options

o! If its only 2 big ones you should not have a problem on Allilaguna ,water taxi is an amazing option as well. [emoji813]eyes:Very luxury and very memorable. We took water taxi to hotel and alilaguna from hotel to Port ,I loved both options
I agree. I am thinking because it's Venice it would be best to try and do a water approach. Possibly a once in a lifetime experience. Thanks for the encouragement on luggage. I hope all goes well. [emoji4]

If you could reconsider your choices of hotel, the ones listed here are easily accessible by the airport bus: https://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/7-hotels-near-airport-buses.htm
Thank you! I will research the hotels on that. Thanks for sending the link. [emoji4]

there is a left luggage facility at P Roma which is the last place in Venice accessible by vehicles

there is a coach service from airport to P Roma which has luggage storage below

cant remember cost but pretty cheap

if you store larger cases there you can just take smaller bags for your Venice hotel stay which means easier to get to your chosen hotel not laden down

the train station is close to P Roma but over the canal

there is a large bridge linking but it has shallow steps you can "bump" your luggage up and over

We used a water taxi and it was a fabulous experience. Our hotel was on one of the canals so very convenient. We had a bit of a tour and arrived at the hotel refreshed from the boat. Booking ahead saved a bit on the taxi.

there is a left luggage facility at P Roma which is the last place in Venice accessible by vehicles

there is a coach service from airport to P Roma which has luggage storage below

cant remember cost but pretty cheap

if you store larger cases there you can just take smaller bags for your Venice hotel stay which means easier to get to your chosen hotel not laden down

the train station is close to P Roma but over the canal

there is a large bridge linking but it has shallow steps you can "bump" your luggage up and over

Thank you fabnfortysomething...that could be an option. Would our luggage be secured and safe there? That would be our only concern.

We used a water taxi and it was a fabulous experience. Our hotel was on one of the canals so very convenient. We had a bit of a tour and arrived at the hotel refreshed from the boat. Booking ahead saved a bit on the taxi.

Thank you Lorif...I had no idea we could book ahead of time. I do think the experience would be awesome! Will look into that!