Another Splendid Splendor cruise (with pics) 6/29/15

Jamman54

Reading this thread brings me so much hope for my upcoming cruise on the Splendor in May. We were originally booked on the Breeze, but due to the repositioning of her, we got transferred to the Splendor. I was depressed for a while (lol, not really), but i'm getting excited all over again!!!

Thank you for the wonderful review and pictures! Our all-inclusive beach trip was just cancelled for our 25th wedding anniversary in February 2016 due to a project at hubbies work :mad: I have been considering another cruise (maybe mid December) and your review just about has me talked into it!

I followed a redirect over from a poster on gambee's most recent cruise review. I have loved reading your review and viewing the photos. It is nice that you take the time to make us feel we are along for the cruise!

I hope you enjoyed Breeze. We were on her last Thanksgiving and really enjoyed our cruise. Looking forward to your photo review.

• 8 months later...
This is the best review of the splendor I've read. I will be sailing on her June 4, 2016. I'm so looking forward to it!!!!

Glad you enjoyed the review, and I hope you found it helpful. Enjoy your cruise!

• 3 months later...

Hello. Since I'm new to CC (but not to cruising), I'm not sure if it's "proper" to respond so late after original post, but here goes.

I "found" you after binging on a couple of Mitsugirly reviews which I also loved and thoroughly enjoyed. I was reading your Sunshine review from this month and experienced withdrawal when I was caught up, but review wasn't finished, so started reading some of your others.

I am really enjoying reading your reviews and "cruising " along with you and your lovely family.

And what a good sport you are answering a laundry list of questions by one follower!

Wonderful retirement wishes to Patti. I retired last year after 39 years at VA (Veterans Administration) as a nurse. Love our VETS!

Thanks again.

Ellen

Hello. Since I'm new to CC (but not to cruising), I'm not sure if it's "proper" to respond so late after original post, but here goes.

I "found" you after binging on a couple of Mitsugirly reviews which I also loved and thoroughly enjoyed. I was reading your Sunshine review from this month and experienced withdrawal when I was caught up, but review wasn't finished, so started reading some of your others.

I am really enjoying reading your reviews and "cruising " along with you and your lovely family.

And what a good sport you are answering a laundry list of questions by one follower!

Wonderful retirement wishes to Patti. I retired last year after 39 years at VA (Veterans Administration) as a nurse. Love our VETS!

Thanks again.

Ellen

Hey Ellen! First, welcome to CC! I always enjoy when one of my older reviews pop up on the first page again. Love that people are still reading and enjoying them, plus much of what you read there is still relevant. Will be adding to my Sunshine review later today.

Hey Ellen! First, welcome to CC! I always enjoy when one of my older reviews pop up on the first page again. Love that people are still reading and enjoying them, plus much of what you read there is still relevant. Will be adding to my Sunshine review later today.

Jamman54, when is your next cruise? Make it the Magic so I can see your awesome pix and reviews before I go next April :)

• 5 months later...
I have been eyeing this ship thinking of booking maybe next year. This year all booked. Thank you for the nice review and the informative review. It looks like you two have fun anywhere.

Thanks for reading. Always good to see an older review pop up, and much of the information is still relevant. We have enjoyed all of our cruises on the Splendor, and are cruising on her again next year to Hawaii. Enjoy your planning!

Jamman, you are supposed to be enjoying your cruise and not answering questions! That is for when you are back home! Hope you and Patti are having a blast! I am going to look up your Sunshine review again. Found out she will be leaving NY in October and we won't have any CCL ships here. Just MIGHT book one more cruise out of our home port in September. Waiting to see if Jim's DS and BIL want to join us! Now, get back to your beer and fun!

Jamman, you are supposed to be enjoying your cruise and not answering questions! That is for when you are back home! Hope you and Patti are having a blast! I am going to look up your Sunshine review again. Found out she will be leaving NY in October and we won't have any CCL ships here. Just MIGHT book one more cruise out of our home port in September. Waiting to see if Jim's DS and BIL want to join us! Now, get back to your beer and fun!

Hey Karry!! Just docked in St.Maarten, and am killing some time before heading over to the Sonesta Great Bay resort for an all inclusive day. For the first time I brought my laptop with me so I can stay on top of the thousands of pictures that Patti has already taken.

You should jump on the 7 day NE/Canada cruise on the Sunshine. We had a blast last year and they were reasonably priced. No need for a balcony IMHO.

Well, time to go. 3 more sea days then we'll be home. Having a GREAT time!!

Have a SUPERB DAY Jamman and Patti! I will look forward to hearing about it since we will be in St. Martin in January. Only our 2nd x there and last year we did Bernards Tour and don't want to do that again. Cabin I want on Sunshine is booked, so I am waiting for someone to cancel so I can book it lol. I went to college in Beverly, right outside of Boston, so I am anxious to book a Canada/NE (vs just Canada we have been on a few times) Maybe you and Patti want to join us!!! (9/23) CHEERS and have a great day!

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoyed the review. Going on the Splendor 3/26...so it was really nice seeing all your pictures. Thank you and Patti for taking all of them and doing the review. It is exciting to read and hear what others do.

Enjoyed the review. Going on the Splendor 3/26...so it was really nice seeing all your pictures. Thank you and Patti for taking all of them and doing the review. It is exciting to read and hear what others do.

Thanks for reading! Enjoy your cruise on the Splendor. We are looking forward to sailing on her again next year! :)

• 3 years later...

Hey Jeff, another great cruise!!  Thanks for letting me tag along. Best of all, you guessed it, New York pictures!!!!

Thought I'd let you know that I read your HMC slowly and out loud making remarks the whole time,  my hubby is now impatiently waiting for March!! Thank you for that.

I'm off for "our" Breeze cruise. BTW , that ship I've been on, in fact 3 times!!!

Hugs from Texas

Nicki

• Like 1

Glad you enjoyed your 3rd cruise on the Splendor. The next time you board her with us we'll be heading to Hawaii. Now on to the Breeze which is our favorite of the Dream Class and is beautiful ship as you well know. The first page of our review has lost our pictures of our time in Orlando, but beginning with page 2 and our arrival in Miami, all remaining pictures are there. Enjoy! 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1