"FREE AT SEA" Offer

Tutone56

While looking on NCL's website I see that you can choose "up to 4 free offers". However, I've only been able to select 2, i.e. UBP and Dining package. Am I misunderstanding something. It sounds as though I should be able to pick 4 choices. Thanks

While looking on NCL's website I see that you can choose "up to 4 free offers". However, I've only been able to select 2, i.e. UBP and Dining package. Am I misunderstanding something. It sounds as though I should be able to pick 4 choices. Thanks

Right now it is pick 5 and get up to $500 cash on board. Top Suites get all. Lesser cabins get less.

I booked a Haven Spa Suite and couldn't find the OBC either. It looks like NCL is not offering the OBC for 2018 sailings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you booked before the promo switched to offer OBC you need to call your cruise consultant and ask them to update the promo. Thats what we had to do. We're keeping a small balance due in case the next promo is better than what we have now.

If you booked a suite and only got 2 of the offers, there is somethng wrong. If you click on the "learn more" button on the front page of NCL's website under the offer, it outlines what each category of cabin gets.

I had an OV on the Breakaway last month and I had free meals at specialty restaurants and "free" shore excursions .It turned out to be $50 off each excursion.

I've never seen an NCL promo for free shore excursions. Every time I've seen that promo (which is A LOT over the past couple years) it's been $50 per port up to three or four ports.

In case you don't know, cost of living is very affordable in Philippine and many other third world countries.

The US hourly salary rates are well posted. There are also US laws in regard to total hours worked per week without incurring overtime in many states. No, cruise lines are not compatible with the Philippines or other third world countries. Yet passengers are paying "daily service charges" to supplement cruise line low rates. Who really receives this money?

You cannot make less, work more than reasonable hours, be away on a contract for 6+ months, have too many passenger cabins etc and still be effective over time.

Crew staff as all workers, decent salaries, benefits and working hours. We are paying for this so if they do not receive these benefits, who is benefitting?

Ships have no responsibilitiy to keep in competition with anyone but among themselves. You can find salaries for all types of positions on the cruise ships recruitment listings. If you have time cc members, take a look. As a nurse, I looked at nursing salaries and was shocked that with that level of responsibility without the back up of significant medical services, they would offer so low a salary.

I am hoping the passengers who fully support the crew, have their service charges go to them and not to the cruise line. Just my own strong opinion.

The US hourly salary rates are well posted. There are also US laws in regard to total hours worked per week without incurring overtime in many states. No, cruise lines are not compatible with the Philippines or other third world countries. Yet passengers are paying "daily service charges" to supplement cruise line low rates. Who really receives this money?

You cannot make less, work more than reasonable hours, be away on a contract for 6+ months, have too many passenger cabins etc and still be effective over time.

Crew staff as all workers, decent salaries, benefits and working hours. We are paying for this so if they do not receive these benefits, who is benefitting?

Ships have no responsibilitiy to keep in competition with anyone but among themselves. You can find salaries for all types of positions on the cruise ships recruitment listings. If you have time cc members, take a look. As a nurse, I looked at nursing salaries and was shocked that with that level of responsibility without the back up of significant medical services, they would offer so low a salary.

I am hoping the passengers who fully support the crew, have their service charges go to them and not to the cruise line. Just my own strong opinion.

It is like a resort fee or tax. You don't have a choice because the gratuity or DCS is mandatory.

. Who really receives this money?

Does it not occur to you that low labor cost keeps cruise fare affordable and higher wages mean passengers have to pay more at check out? So no thanks. I like my cruise fare low if it means these foreign crews have to work long hours for less than posted US minimum wage.

Does it not occur to you that over worked and underpaid crew burn out faster and provide poor service? There is a point where you get what you pay for. I would prefer to pay a bit more, get good service and know the crew was not being taken advantage of by an unscrupulous employer.