"Sail Away" Question

ncstrman

We have a mid ship balcony booked on Deck 9. Currently the only available balcony cabins are the ones on deck 10 & 11 at a higher price as well as the family balconies. Also offered are the "Sail Away Balconies" at a much lower price.

Assuming someone books a sail away/guarantee, would they get one of the more expensive ones or would those be offered to the ones on deck 9 and the guaranteed ones get the ones vacated by the ones moving from deck 9 to 10-11?

We have a mid ship balcony booked on Deck 9. Currently the only available balcony cabins are the ones on deck 10 & 11 at a higher price as well as the family balconies. Also offered are the "Sail Away Balconies" at a much lower price.

Assuming someone books a sail away/guarantee, would they get one of the more expensive ones or would those be offered to the ones on deck 9 and the guaranteed ones get the ones vacated by the ones moving from deck 9 to 10-11?

They would get offered whatever is left over after people pick the rooms they want or are upgraded to those rooms.

There is no way of knowing. You could get lucky and get one higher in the category or they may do a push to upgrade those already booked leaving you with those in the lower categories.

There is no way of knowing. You could get lucky and get one higher in the category or they may do a push to upgrade those already booked leaving you with those in the lower categories.

That's what I was wondering...I have already booked a mid ship balcony. I'm happy with my cabin, but was wondering if they would offer to upgrade me and give mine to someone who paid less (BX) or would they give the more expensive one to to the BX?

We prefer Deck 9. It's makes using the stairs a more viable option. Especially going to the waterfront. Simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good point! Thank you! Even if we were offered an upgrade, I'm not sure we would take it. Our cabin supposedly has the queen bed as opposed to the 2 pushed together.

Good point! Thank you! Even if we were offered an upgrade, I'm not sure we would take it. Our cabin supposedly has the queen bed as opposed to the 2 pushed together.

May be wrong, but I thought all cabins had the twin beds pushed together to then make it a queen bed. However, the way it's done, never felt any separation in the middle. And, cabin upgrades are basically a location change to what is supposedly a better location, not an actual change or improvement in the cabin itself. Midship deck 9 is good I think. I'm talking about the Jewel class ships.

Edited by roger001

That's what I was wondering...I have already booked a mid ship balcony. I'm happy with my cabin, but was wondering if they would offer to upgrade me and give mine to someone who paid less (BX) or would they give the more expensive one to to the BX?

Given the option of getting more money or only the money they've already received, I suspect they'll take more money if they can.

May be wrong, but I thought all cabins had the twin beds pushed together to then make it a queen bed. However, the way it's done, never felt any separation in the middle. And, cabin upgrades are basically a location change to what is supposedly a better location, not an actual change or improvement in the cabin itself. Midship deck 9 is good I think. I'm talking about the Jewel class ships.
I hope you are right about those beds. My 2 brothers will not appreciate a "queen" bed that can't be separated. LOL :eek:

What you are asking is highly unlikely. You may get offered an upgrade for $$$ but it is highly unlikely that they are going to call around to those who picked specific rooms and see if they want a free upgrade just so they can keep bumping people around for free. They are in the business to make money and jostling people around with no increase in $$$ is not worth their time. So hypothetically if no one in a reserved cabin takes the $$ offer then more than likely someone may get a pretty nice upgrade for free. However with all the analytic software available today, the cruise lines are pretty good at maximizing money and will continue making strategic $$ upgrade offers till someone bites.

Sailaway / GTy could end up with a hulled balcony on the bow also. :evilsmile: